Roxnsilver
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Gold or silver??

[Post New]by Roxnsilver on Jul 10, 13 11:41 AM
Is it more strategic to spend silver or spend gold to get juju? I would like to buy either the Greenhouse or the Carnival or both eventually so is it better to try to make these purchases using gold or silver? Many of you have already bought at least one of these so which did you use and how long did it take to save?. There are items that I would like to buy with my gold so have been trying to save it as it is harder to get. I only have 18 bars right now so will take a long time to obtain 52. Silver seems a little easier to get in this game but items that earn silver or juju can only be purchased with gold. I need more juju to continue so any advise from experienced players would be appreciated. Roxnsilver at Lake Elsinore Mansion

Inge321
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Gold or silver??

[Post New]by Inge321 on Jul 10, 13 12:23 PM
Roxnsilver,

I only use silver to buy anything silver will buy. It is too hard to get gold, unless you buy it, and I don't want to do that. And then I let it take as long as it takes to get ready to materialize - the carnival was over 7 days, but - today only 2 more days!

Grandma Inge at Adams Family Masion

Snoopy_1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Jul 10, 13 1:42 PM
I would use silver for anything you can buy with silver. I bought both the greenhouse and the fairgrounds. I purchased the greenhouse first, and the price of the fairgrounds increased dramaticly. It only took me about 3 days to save up over $550,000. The fair grounds cost $445,800. Since then I have purchased two additional expansions, 3 memento buildings and two aura cleaning exhibits - all with silver. If you play on a regular bases, you can save up the silver very quickly. So don't spend your hard earned gold for expansions or building you can buy with silver. Use it to buy only those item that can only be bought with gold, and that you really want.

Roxnsilver
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by Roxnsilver on Jul 10, 13 2:31 PM
I play everyday and do approx 3 or more HOs every hour and during the day but don't even come close to earning 550,000 in 3 days. I wonder if I am having major tech problems. I just now purchased the Gifts For You and it took 900 juju points away. Is that the way it should be? I feel defeated as I was trying for days to build it up so I can progress in the game and I keep loosing juju so I was writing it down with each thing I do. I can't get past chapter 2.

Snoopy_1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Jul 10, 13 2:54 PM
Hi Roxnsilver - I don't think your suppose to lose juju when you buy anything. Did you put anything in your inventory in order to place "gifts for you" in your manor yard? That would cause your juju to drop. If not, I would submit a support ticket. Losing juju is a know issue for many players, including me.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 10, 13 3:02 PM
I was loosing all sorts for a while and so got in the habit of writing it down but, touch wood, it seems to have improved enormously over the last couple of days. I hope it improves for you too.

Gifts for you - I don't have a note of what it cost in silver, but it should give you +300 Juju +500XP and earn 450 silver per hour (collect it every 2 hours).

Attractions Tip -
SPOILER Some attractions only earn in daylight mode ENDSPOILER
highlight to read

Roxnsilver
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by Roxnsilver on Jul 10, 13 3:05 PM
Hi Snoopy 1 - No, I had purchased a few side properties before I realized that I needed to purchase adjacent ones near the Carnaval and Greenhouse. Oops ! So I had room for it. But I did put something in this morning and had adjusted for that. I have sent in a ticket and am waiting for a reply so just added a reply to the same report. I am playing on an iPad so not sure if it matters what device, but what you save in three days will take me at least a month of playing all day and everyday at my current rate.

Roxnsilver
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by Roxnsilver on Jul 10, 13 3:34 PM
Hi Frogmort - I was so frustrated a few days ago that I almost deleted the game. I have been playing it consistently since they released the Beta for us last month and seemed to be going backwards but they promised it would be worthwhile to stay so I did. A few days ago I found out that others received lots of gold as a gift for staying but I never got anything and just kept losing silver and juju so I sent in a ticket because the game has great potential. I decided to keep playing and I agree, the past few days have been much better at least I am making some progress but to finally be able to purchase the Greenhouse will take me several months at my present rate. Others like you seem to be doing quite well so there is hope. Once they get it all fixed I will have to try to catch up. Thanks for the advise.

Go to: