WinoPoet
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

WHAT? Gold sale??

[Post New]by WinoPoet on Jul 10, 13 5:03 PM
Just got a flashing banner notification that there's a 24-hr sale on gold but can't find anything about it. Anyone know? How can I get emails about this kind of thing?

Tia

Wino

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:WHAT? Gold sale??

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 10, 13 5:14 PM
Hi WinoPoet,

The notifications for this sale are done via push notification on your device, so if those are disabled on your device, they may go unnoticed. There may also be a notification that comes up in-game when the app is started. As for this particular sale, it's offering 180 gold for the price of 90.

I hope that helps, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 10, 13 6:55 PM
I just got another very SCARY notification on the top of my screen of my iPad from Dark Manor............:

Usualy it says: "your erergy has been refilled"
Now it said: "Yoo-hoo, where's your ecto goo?"

What on earth did THAT mean ???!!! Probably to let me know in a funny way to play again, because I hadn't played all day yet....
Usually, I'm always in for a joke, but in this case of having entering issues and crashes all over ...a (bad!) joke, or what???

Edited on 07/10/2013 at 7:25:21 PM PST

WinoPoet
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by WinoPoet on Jul 11, 13 2:20 PM
Yikes, that is weird. Hope it isn't bad would rather hear sumpin nice like "boo-hoo, we missed you" LOL

I did figure out the gold sale stuff, and thanks to ur tips went right for the carnival, before I expand farther (already splurged on the greenhouse). Thanks again for taking the time to share such helpful tips...

Btw, ru still hoping for energy gifts? I have switched to wanting that, since I'm rolling in gold now! Maybe I'll take yet another tool outta ur box & put an "E" in my address.

Take care,

Wino

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 11, 13 3:55 PM
Woo-hoo !
Since 2 days I was THAT frustrated I couldn't get in witin an hour trying, and when I did, I got kicked out after 5 secs....so I couldn't help myself and next time I got in I used those 5 seconds to buy the gold offer ...
Yoo-hoo ! now I only have to find out a way to get in and use it
Yoo-hoo !

Yes, still in for the energy
Scary ecto message: nothing weird noticed (pfewww )

Edited on 07/11/2013 at 3:57:10 PM PST

WinoPoet
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by WinoPoet on Jul 11, 13 8:24 PM
Lol, gl connecting!

Congrats for taking advantage of the sale...

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 12, 13 1:28 AM
Is there a special place for that? Gold prices in the drop down (at least in UK) are unchanged.

Edited on 07/12/2013 at 1:31:29 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 12, 13 4:31 AM
Frogmort - this offer should come up as a pop up when you launch the game. You did need to have notifications enabled to see this message and you can check your notifications set up in Settings, just under where your WiFi connection is displayed.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 12, 13 4:52 AM
@Frogmort, the special offer 180 gold for the prize of 90 was only for 24 hours.
I got a message on my screen when the offer was there, but it was also visable in the buy-gold-section on that particular package.

Edited on 07/12/2013 at 4:53:47 AM PST

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 12, 13 5:12 AM
Oh well, guess I missed it then...

Thanks for info bfgBaikal and L_Amour!

Zaphire69
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Zaphire69 on Jul 12, 13 2:10 PM
I wouldn't spend a dime on in game purchases till they fix some tof these major glitches. It has been two weeks since I've seen the inside of the game as it keeps crashing upon start up. They say they are working diligently on it but it seems like its taking a long time for them to figure out why a lot of us are not able to launch the game.

Its a great game when it works and I would consider buying gold in the future. But at the moment I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep it installed on my iPad.

Go to: