bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Final Cut: Encore Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 11, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

Re:Post any Final Cut: Encore Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Imberis on Jul 11, 13 1:35 AM
I made a separate thread for this, since it's not really a big technical issue and I wanted feedback from other people, but I guess I'll put this here, too.

Why can't I turn on high definition mode? It says my computer doesn't support it. I have a 1gb graphics card (an AMD Radeon HD 6670, not the latest, but workable) and 8 gb of RAM on this computer, so you'd think it would work! I have Windows 8, 64 bit version, if that has anything to do with it. It's not a terribly big deal, but I would like to see the difference between regular and high def, since I know my computer could handle it.

Edited on 07/11/2013 at 1:38:13 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 11, 13 2:36 AM
Hi Imberis,

It may be that you computer cannot support this option with its current settings so as updating your driver and increasing your screen resolution may help.

If this doesn't work the final thing you can check is if you D.P.I setting are set to default.

Also, I have left that discussion High Definition Mode Help open so that folks can share any suggestions they may have on what worked for them.

If you would like more help on this, please get in touch with, Tech Support so they can offer some more specific advice.

Hope this helps a bit!

bfgBaikal

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 11, 13 2:41 AM
The game froze and crashed once after arriving at the army base. I restarted Windows and finished the demo okay, but as I said in the other thread, sometimes the black screen when loading a new scene took so long, I was afraid it was going to crash again, since the first time it happened my screen went black.

pearls10
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by pearls10 on Jul 11, 13 2:54 AM
Sorry,no buy for me,the game keeps freezing and I have to control,alt delete to get out.
Didn't buy the first Final Cut because too many glitches,second seems the same and if devs aren't going to check games before selling,I 'm not buying.
P.S-will not be reinstalling fed up of wasting time on downloads.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 11, 13 3:40 AM
Hi guys,

Sorry to see you had the game freeze up on you, I know that must be frustrating for you both.

As some newer games are quite sensitive, needing the most up to date drivers to perform correctly, it may help to check and see if a newer driver has been released? The help article here, has some advice on how to check on that - a slightly newer driver could make all the difference.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. This way they will be able to isolate exactly what is causing the game to freeze and address it.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/11/2013 at 3:40:57 AM PST

ajenique
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Played demo fine but...

[Post New]by ajenique on Jul 11, 13 10:46 AM
I had no problems with the game demo. I purchased the game, and now right after the "Loading" screen the game never loads and a pop-up message says a problem has caused the game to stop working and I'll be notifed if there is a solution. I paid for this because I had absolutely no problems playing the demo.

I kinda feel cheated....

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 11, 13 11:35 AM
Hi ajenique,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. The post above by bfgBaikal has some information in it that may help with your issue as well, so I recommend checking that out. If the tips there aren't helping, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can look into that further for you. They should be able to recommend other things to try so you can get back to gaming.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

[Post New]by Christsnatcher on Jul 11, 13 12:12 PM
Hi ajenique,

could it be that you´re using one or more special characters (like the ´ in Collector´s) within your game installation path? This leads straightly to an AppCrash, the game´s really sensitive to such little details... Btw, it doesn´t matter which drive or folder you install the game to, as long as you use only the standard characters.

Maybe this can do the trick!

[Post New]by lmcangusee on Jul 11, 13 5:29 PM
I can't get the safe dial to turn in the bio lab. I've got the stethoscope, but the dial doesn't turn.

I'm using the Mac version.

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Jul 11, 13 8:06 PM
I have the first game. No problems, but this one, different story.
As soon as I walked out the house to talk to my brother the game froze. I had to restart the computer to exit.
When I reopened the game manager, it showed I still had the full hour left. I will try playing it again, but it will not be a sale for me.
I'll be back to tell if it works or not.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 12, 13 3:05 AM
Hi everyone,

lmcangusee - I would use the hint and strategy guide to double check if anything else needs to be done before you use the stethoscope but if not, you could try clicking 'around' the dial as sometimes, the 'hotspots' that trigger an action can be a little off, or not where we expect them to be!

ogrprincs - a freeze like this is usually a message that the computer is not handling the game like it should so I would suggest running some updates to help the game and computer to communicate more effectively with one another before playing again, as that should help you make the most of your trial.

If these suggestions don't help or you would like us to assist you further, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to take a look at your issue and provide some dedicated support!

Hoping this helps though!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/12/2013 at 3:05:55 AM PST

[Post New]by kennedy1 on Jul 12, 13 7:14 PM
I can't even play the demo at all. I click to download the game, then it says it is waiting, then it says the download failed because the game is not available. I have tried several times and even restarted my computer twice. I have no problems downloading any other games.

[Post New]by iluvgames55 on Jul 12, 13 8:57 PM
I'm very disappointed that there are glitches in this game. I didn't have any difficulties at all with the 1st game, but this one has caused my computer to blue screen twice now. Once while playing the mini game to get the safe open at the mansion, and the second time it happened was when I was trying to cut the new key to the cafeteria. This is very frustrating as I have already purchased the game. Is there going to be a "fix" released for this game?

Edited on 07/12/2013 at 8:57:37 PM PST

nance91947
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by nance91947 on Jul 12, 13 9:57 PM
Seemingly a really great game; however, really tired of the game "freezing" (no fault of my computer either). Restart the game and it does it again, always in same areas--first talking with Army officer and now after opening the safe. Please let us know if the developers issue a "patch" thereby eliminating these glitchy areas--Thanks!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 12, 13 11:50 PM
Playing on a MacBook Pro OS 10.8.2.

Where to begin...? Interestingly, I was able to access the secret room behind the General's bedroom closet before I solved the cylinder code. In fact I was able to access the room before I even solved the candle projector puzzle that gives me the code. On either side of the closet were directional arrows, which I followed and which took me into the secret room.

Then, once I found the correct code for the cylinders the game would not register as having been solved. I had to rotate each cylinder back around to the correct setting in which I had initially placed them. Trust me, this was not my mistake. I am absolutely certain they were correct the first time. Once I re-rotated all was well and the closet opened and I was able to enter the secret room....again!

Regarding Achievements: After completing the game I was told I had found zero film strips. I had already received that completed achievement during game play and had even gone to the Achievement "room" to see all of my achievements and which ones I had yet to do and sure enough that achievement was there. Why did it disappear after I completed the game? All of my other achievements were still there.

It also told me I never completed 3 HOPs in under 10 minutes. I most certainly did. It NEVER takes me 10 minutes to complete a HOP so not sure what happened there either.

Lastly, it said I did not complete the tutorial, which I am certain I did.

Devs, please, please check your achievement counters, this is one of the main reasons some of us choose to play CEs. Really takes away from the fun of the game if you feel that no matter what you do you will never acquire certain achievements.

Now, I understand none of these issues were game killers like others have experienced, but they certainly were buzz killers!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 13, 13 3:27 AM
Hi folks,

kennedy1 - it may be a case that something is interfering with that game download only, which can happen sometimes if a game is 'packaged' in a ways that makes it difficult for your machine to identify it. If you would like to make some adjustments to ensure this is not the case, the following Help Article will help you to do that:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

iluvgames55 and nance91947 Just to let you know, the Moderation Team are very limited as to the type of technical support we can offer on the forums hence if you have tried the advice already offered, the best way for us to get a sense of the issue and provide some specific support is to have you contact our Tech Support Team

WilJul - it is never a nice experience when the extras in a game don't work, I am sorry to hear this. If you could get in touch with Customer Support, this will help us to address this with the developer.

Hoping this helps a bit!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Jul 13, 13 11:35 AM
lmcangusee wrote:I can't get the safe dial to turn in the bio lab. I've got the stethoscope, but the dial doesn't turn.

I'm using the Mac version.

You have to click and drag to turn the dial.

robinbucy
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by robinbucy on Jul 13, 13 12:09 PM
My game would freeze as I walked outside to join the general and brother. I updated everything I could think of, and reinstalled the game, but cant't get my cursor to move after I get to this scene. Will send in a Dr. Felix report as soon as I post this.

[Post New]by unknown69 on Jul 15, 13 8:50 AM
The game works, but its laggy as hell. Playing from high end desktop PC built in mid 2010 that can handle games with graphics much better than this. The mouse lags no matter what, I believe its because of vsync that cannot be turned off in options.

Go to: