Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Can't get the potato....

[Post New]by Robilyn on Jul 11, 13 2:30 AM
In one of the HOG scenes there is a potato to the far left of the screen. I can't pick it up, so I can't proceed in the game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Can't get the potato....

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 11, 13 2:36 AM
The potato is not at the far left (might look like one, but it's not). It's more to the middle right, and a bit to the top.

Hope this helps.

elsbet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by elsbet on Jul 11, 13 3:14 AM
Got the same problem as above, can't even see the potato, because the screen is too small.
Even when I change to windowed mode, there's no visable potato, only the gecko in the basket.
The guide shows a more streched screen.

elsbet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by elsbet on Jul 11, 13 3:22 AM
@Robylin: You can change to match3, so you can proceed with the game.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jul 11, 13 10:28 AM
elsbet wrote:Got the same problem as above, can't even see the potato, because the screen is too small.
Even when I change to windowed mode, there's no visable potato, only the gecko in the basket.
The guide shows a more streched screen.

I've got the same problem too. The hint button is only showing half a circle and the 'potato' is not on screen, only the Geko. I too tried it in windowed mode and it makes no difference.

4owl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by 4owl on Jul 11, 13 2:14 PM
Same here. The potato is off-screen as is half of the "X" button on the upper right.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 11, 13 10:59 PM
Hi there,
I am assuming that you are talking about the HOS whereby you actually acquire the potato to make the battery - as opposed to an earlier one in the game where a potato is listed as an item and found in the centre of the screen.
Are those of you having problems with this playing the MAC version? In the PC version the potato is on the LHS of the screen on top of a bucket/barrow, just below the cat on the bench.
Cheers
Edited to clarify the HOS scene mentioned.

Edited on 07/12/2013 at 1:38:02 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 13, 13 7:04 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
I am assuming that you are talking about the HOS whereby you actually acquire the potato to make the battery - as opposed to an earlier one in the game where a potato is listed as an item and found in the centre of the screen.
Are those of you having problems with this playing the MAC version? In the PC version the potato is on the LHS of the screen on top of a bucket/barrow, just below the cat on the bench.
Cheers
Edited to clarify the HOS scene mentioned.

Ah... if that is the case then I was wrong. I didn't get that far to get to the HOS where you get a potato to make a battery. The one I got was just one of the items on the list, but not to be used.

Tobytub
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Tobytub on Jul 13, 13 12:15 PM
Same problem with my PC Half of basket is missing. Potatoe not even showing.

[Post New]by vladi77bg on Jul 14, 13 12:58 AM
I have the same problem can someone tell what to do ?

[Post New]by kevfan1 on Jul 15, 13 11:34 AM
I've run into the same problem. I can see the Potato in the Strategy Guide but not on my screen. Hope there is a fix for this. Hate to as Big Fish for a credit. Loved the first one.

Susanna2
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Susanna2 on Jul 23, 13 11:30 AM
elsbet wrote:@Robylin: You can change to match3, so you can proceed with the game.

Ah, thanks so much, of course I can do this!

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Aug 6, 13 5:40 PM
Hi Everyone:

You can add me to the "potato" problem. I can't get it either. It is off my screen.

I am not happy about this. Yes, I can go to "match 3", but I really don't want to.

I do hope there is a fix for this situation.

Go to: