Expand Grounds

[Post New]by PiperLilly on Jul 11, 13 8:14 PM
I just started playing Dark Manor and seem to need a LOT of help. I'm reading the forums, but cannot find how to expand my grounds. Any assist will be appreciated. Thanks!

Snoopy_1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Expand Grounds

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Jul 11, 13 9:21 PM
Hi Piper Lily,
Welcome to the game. To expand just tap on a group of tree in the area you want to expand. The rest is self explanitory. Just remember that the area you want to expand has to be next to an open area. So you can not expand an area surrounded by trees. You should look into opening the special section first, because the price will be lower. Special sections are the Greenhouse and the Fairgrounds. After you buy one of these, the price for the second one jumps a lot. Special sections open bonus scenes, once they are open. Something to think about. Right now I can not get into my game, and I don't remember if you can buy these right away. Hope this helps.

Edited on 07/11/2013 at 9:22:19 PM PST

Elinu
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
480 Posts

[Post New]by Elinu on Jul 12, 13 6:37 PM
I can't get in right now either, but I believe you can buy the carnival grounds right away, to the lower right on the screen, but that you have to dig through one square on the lower left to get to the greenhouse. I would also advise opening these areas first, because the price of expansion goes up something like 50% for each new tree clearing, and the two special squares - which look like they have buildings in them overgrown with vegetation - are 4 or 5 times as expensive as the plain trees squares.

Another tip - if you buy territory with silver, it takes time to clear, and will show in hazy blue with a timer above it, telling you when it will be 'done'. If you buy territory with gold, it is available to settle instantly. The same principle applies to other items in the game, such as attractions and enigmas. Things you pay for with silver take time, and are hazy blue for a while. Things paid for with gold are ready right away. And it you get tired of waiting, you can pay gold to finish unlocking any hazy blue stuff immediately, for a price. If you are not careful, you can also accidentally pay for something you were just going to wait on.

Happy gaming!

Hoping to join you again soon

Edited on 07/12/2013 at 6:41:28 PM PST

Snoopy_1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Jul 13, 13 6:27 PM
Elinu wrote: If you are not careful, you can also accidentally pay for something you were just going to wait on.

That's right. Be very careful around items being built. I accidentally tap on a building under construction, and when I tried to close it, I ended up paying10 gold bars to complete it. It had only 3 hours left to complete the build. Very maddening. There is no conformation button.

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 14, 13 1:31 AM
Snoopy_1 wrote:
Elinu wrote: If you are not careful, you can also accidentally pay for something you were just going to wait on.

That's right. Be very careful around items being built. I accidentally tap on a building under construction, and when I tried to close it, I ended up paying10 gold bars to complete it. It had only 3 hours left to complete the build. Very maddening. There is no conformation button.

Yes, infuriating - I am so-o-o careful around objects under construction now!!

Go to: