bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Living Legends: Frozen Beauty technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 12, 13 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Vera0205
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post any Living Legends: Frozen Beauty technical issues here only

[Post New]by Vera0205 on Jul 12, 13 1:25 PM
Not sure if this is a technical issue or game design. I'm playing the Mac trial version (my Mac is OS 10.6.8, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory). I usually turn the voice volume down -- some people like voiceovers; I find them distracting. In this case, even though the voice volume is completely turned down, the voice tracks still play at normal volume.

I've tried also turning down both the sound effects volume and the music volume. The voice tracks are still heard at normal volume.

I enjoy the music soundtracks, so any other ideas on how to keep the voice volume off will be appreciated.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 12, 13 1:58 PM
Hello Vera0205,

Thank you for sending this feedback, I've definitely passed that up the ladder for investigation.

It would be great if you would contact our dedicated Mac Support Team so they can look into this further and escalate the issue, if need-be. To reach them, just click on the on the right-hand side of the screen and then 'Contact Us' on the bottom left.

Thanks again, and I'll keep my fins crossed that this will be sorted out quickly!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by bemusednlv on Jul 12, 13 6:42 PM
The game keeps freezing on me. I've uninstalled and reenstalled to no avail. Any advice?

Lillie1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Lillie1 on Jul 13, 13 1:43 AM
My game keeps giving me error access violation messages. But, not until after I bought it. DARN!!!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 13, 13 3:19 AM
Hi guys!

Lillie1 - An access violation message appearing while playing your game is generally related to your computer’s graphics configuration not matching what the game requires in order to run smoothly.

The best way of dealing with this is to have a look at the following help article and update any elements you can:

Similarly, bemusednlv the advice in the article above can make a vast improvement to how the game runs and displays for you so is worth checking out.

If you would like us to have a look at this with you though, we would be happy to do so. You can contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and one of our Reps would be happy to assist you!

Hope this is helpful,

bfgBaikal

Lillie1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Lillie1 on Jul 13, 13 7:53 PM
Thanks so much will see. My computer is relatively new

cdeas
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by cdeas on Jul 14, 13 1:27 PM
I got an access violation error after playing the game for about 2 hrs. I've unstalled and reinstalled the game, make sure my drivers were updated and updated DirectX and the game still freezes and I get "Error:Access violation at 0x0054BE8A (tried to read from 0x00000010), program terminated."

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 16, 13 4:58 AM
Hi cdeas,

Welcome to the forums!

An access violation message appearing while playing your game is generally related to your computer’s graphics configuration not matching what the game requires in order to run smoothly.

The best way of dealing with this is to have a look at the following help article and update any elements you can:

If you would like us to have a look at this with you though, we would be happy to do so. You can contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and one of our Reps would be happy to assist you!

Hoping this is helpful,

bfgBaikal

cdeas
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by cdeas on Jul 17, 13 4:37 PM
thanks for referring me back to game crashing, freezing and blank screen page. I've already followed the steps outlined there and the problem has not been resolved. my computer exceeds the game requirements stated on your web site and it currently playing other games with no problem. I'm currently playing Apothecarium, the Renaissance of Evil, which is a large file game with higher requirements with no problem.

Edited on 07/17/2013 at 4:45:47 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 18, 13 6:10 AM
Heya cdeas,

I'm sorry that our help article couldn't help you out, I know exactly how frustrating it can be when a game that you have been looking forward to doesn't want to work.

In this case, especially since other games are working fine, I would definitely recommend you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team as bfgBaikal mentioned before. Unfortunately our ability to look into these issues is rather limited through the Forums but if you also sent our Tech Support a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report, they'll be bale to have a close look at the issue to find out what is causing this to happen.

Best of luck!

bfgBiwa

aneleh12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by aneleh12 on Jul 19, 13 5:03 PM
While playing the demo I had no problems, all was fine; I purchased the game , continued playing that same night and all was fine. Next day the game would not open, I tried everything, restarted the computer, but still nothing happens. This has never happened before with other games. I really would like this fixed...or exchange for another game, please!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 20, 13 4:18 AM
Hi aneleh12,

That definitely doesn't sound right.

I would encourage you to take a look at the following help article which has some great advice on how to update the elements that help launch your game:

If the problems persist though, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

If you have the time, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and feel free to include a screenshot of how your game is displaying as well.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

aneleh12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by aneleh12 on Jul 20, 13 8:18 PM
Thank you! Took your advice, read the help article, re-installed shockwave player, uninstalled and re-installed the game and soon I was able to play it
I am very pleased and thank you again for being there!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 23, 13 4:39 AM
Awesome!

Thanks so much for trying my suggestion out and I hope you enjoyed the rest of the game!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Shootist2 on Jul 24, 13 6:46 PM
Same problem here. Was about 2 hours in and the game crashed with that access violation. Now when I try to start the game it will load to the main menu and hard crash as soon as I click "play", I have to ctrl/alt/delete to get out and see that access violation error. No problems with other games. definitely a bug with the game. Updated Shockwave player but no joy.

Processor Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 7870M
Window 8 64bit

Edited on 07/24/2013 at 6:46:30 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 25, 13 3:30 AM
Heya Shootist2, welcome to the Pond!

I'm sorry to hear that you keep getting an access violation error for your game.

This error can have several causes but is often connected to some of the software on your computer being in need of an update before it can play the game properly. You can find some steps that could help you to get rid of this error here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

lyssa7712
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on Jul 29, 13 9:18 PM
hi, I'm just over 1/2 hour into the game, and went to the main menu to switch my difficulty level. it's greyed out and doesn't let me click on it. am I going to have to start over?

[Post New]by Shootist2 on Jul 31, 13 6:31 PM
Nope. It's not going to be a problem with my drivers. If a game plays perfectly for 2 hours (over several days) and then hard crashes its typically a bug in the code. There are other comments elsewhere online of others having similar problems with this game.
Refund?

lyssa7712
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by lyssa7712 on Aug 3, 13 2:00 PM
if you contact customer service, I've always found them to be extremely reasonable in refunding you for a game you can't play. they will offer to walk you through some troubleshooting first, and most likely ask you to run a DrFelix on your computer, but if it doesn't work they'll give you a credit. last time they even refunded my purchase to my checking account. you can reach them with the link on the right that says "We're Here to Help!"

Shootist2 wrote:Nope. It's not going to be a problem with my drivers. If a game plays perfectly for 2 hours (over several days) and then hard crashes its typically a bug in the code. There are other comments elsewhere online of others having similar problems with this game.
Refund?

Go to: