bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Living Legends: Frozen Beauty

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 12, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Living Legends: Frozen Beauty ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Living Legends: Frozen Beauty page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Living Legends: Frozen Beauty

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 12, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 12, 13 12:38 AM
Want to check out the reviews for the CE version of this game?

Just click here to do so!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jul 12, 13 2:18 AM
Imagination At Its Most Beautiful

BASED ON COMPLETED CE GAME

Living in Australia, it’s kinda hard for me to imagine a landscape like the icy cold winter that sets the scene in this game. And I’ve got a feeling the reality couldn’t match the beauty here. Even still, it is clear that WINTER can be HARSH, and this is a game set in FROST & ICE more than SNOW FLAKES.

In a STORY not dissimilar to one recently released about Cinderella, this game tells the tale of an envious queen determined to keep her youth and beauty no matter the cost to others.

SNOW WHITE is just the first of her victims, and your SISTER will be the latest unless you SAVE her. She has foolishly accepted the INVITATION to prove herself worthy as the future SUCCESSOR to the QUEEN’S THRONE.

A DELIGHT to look at, this game’s ARTWORK is top notch, but the first thing I noticed was the SOUNDTRACK. Perfectly suitable MUSIC was accompanied by AMBIENT sounds of the wind that sounded like it would cut right through you.

The CHANGE of SCENERY when an area was ‘THAWED OUT’ was very well done.

The GAMEPLAY is a well-balanced assortment of HO SCENES (INTERACTIVE LIST, PROGRESSIVE SILHOUETTES (find this, to do that, to get this) & MULTIPLES), and PUZZLES of VARYING DIFFICULTY & ORIGINALITY, all encompassed in a fun ADVENTURE.

The ADVENTURE side was RELATIVELY EASY, with INTERACTIVE JUMP MAP & DIRECTIONAL HINT, QUICK SKIP. The JOURNAL kept necessary info, and allowed you to REPLAY CUTSCENES.

My FAVOURITE thing in this game was the SQUIRREL. Yes, she was CUTE, but I still like cute even with the excess these days. The CE game offered more opportunities to interact with her than the SE version does, but it’s great that she is not cut out of the game completely – as I’d expected she would be.

The STORY ends CONCLUSIVELY with this version, so I don’t think the CE is necessary for that. And since my delightful squirrel pal hasn’t been cut, it is only all those ACHIEVEMENTS and an unnecessary but reasonable BONUS CHAPTER that might tempt you to buy the CE game.

I happily recommend both.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 13, 13 5:47 AM
We are loving this game . we got it and have been playing all day , now we cant wait to get back into the game . we give this game a 5 out of 5 . can not find a better game than this one.--
The graphics are GREAT - just the way we like them. the game is fun and interesting. -----doug & lisa-------------

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jul 13, 13 8:10 AM
Although only one person so far has mentioned a conclusive ending, I want to hear more from others saying the same thing before I buy. I was extremely disappointed that the ending of Ice Rose wasn't wrapped up in the standard edition and you had to buy the collector's edition for the conclusion. I wrote my scathing opinion of this part of the game on the review page although I like that game overall and said so. But I didn't want to be burned a second time by this developer if the gameplay was the same for the standard version of Frozen Beauty. So please, could others chime in once you've finished the game and state your opinion of the ending here for those of us who need the information before buying? Thanks.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 13, 13 11:52 PM
Started out great, but then I came across two puzzles that couldn't be skipped. I solved the first one just by random clicking. Well, I didn't solve it exactly -- it just got solved. LOL! The second one I had no clue what to do, and there were no instructions.

An intriguing story and stunning graphics cannot make up for puzzles that can't be skipped, which forces you to get out of the game, look at the walkthrough if there is one, and then start the game again, just so you can get past that puzzle and continue the game.

I'm very disappointed, I wanted to like this game.

Someday, a developer will surely make one of these games with just the adventure and hidden objects and NO PUZZLES! Or else puzzles that can be skipped immediately.

ledheadmelli
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ledheadmelli on Jul 15, 13 2:39 PM
I just finished playing this fairly long and interesting game. Pretty sure I used up a few pair of sneakers, as I didn't notice the map ( ) until nearly the end of the game! Just having one of those days I guess...

As to the ending, it was a bit abrupt (aren't most over too quick once you've solved the last problem?), but certainly concludes the story satisfactorily. I'm going to guess that the bonus chapter is an epilogue - might peek at the CE walkthrough just to see. But I'm pretty sure I can live without having it. No cliff-hangers, thank you very much, devs!

I really enjoyed this game - it had so many unique puzzles! Some were fairly easy, some I just had to skip (more because I wanted to move on than just too hard) and several that took quite a lot of brain cells. The HO scenes were varied, interactive and not too tough on the old eyes. I'd say just about the right mix of puzzles to HOs, at least for me. And the coins you collected for your squirrel were easy enough to locate that I managed to buy him everything his little heart could desire!

I had a hard time waiting until Monday to buy this, but I'm very glad I did. I will enjoy replaying this soon with a 4 year old who loves fairy stories and beautiful scenery! Thanks, BFG, for another enjoyable afternoon!

renaki
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by renaki on Aug 9, 13 7:12 AM
[quote]Someday, a developer will surely make one of these games with just the adventure and hidden objects and NO PUZZLES! Or else puzzles that can be skipped immediately.

I think, dear roaming, you had it all wrong.
As you go back in time, you will find more and more games full of hidden objects scenes and at the very beginning with no puzzles or mini games at all.
The developers now a days are working to diminish the HOS and increase
the puzzles presence.

so, if you want a straight HOS game look back at games before 2011.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Aug 10, 13 6:00 AM
I have to say, I enjoyed this game much more than the 1st Living Legends.
This one was more adventurous and had more color, better graphics and a good storyline.
Enjoyed it immensely!

minidoll10
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by minidoll10 on Aug 26, 13 1:56 PM
More Games like this I will not buy Dark and scary anymore!!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 14, 13 8:13 AM
very good game

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 5, 14 4:45 AM
renaki wrote:
Someday, a developer will surely make one of these games with just the adventure and hidden objects and NO PUZZLES! Or else puzzles that can be skipped immediately.
I think, dear roaming, you had it all wrong. As you go back in time, you will find more and more games full of hidden objects scenes and at the very beginning with no puzzles or mini games at all. The developers now a days are working to diminish the HOS and increase the puzzles presence.

So, if you want a straight HOS game look back at games before 2011.
Nevertheless, if there is a puzzle that can be neither solved nor skipped, the game comes to a dead stop. Fortunately, some developers are now giving us games with a custom option to decrease the skip wait time.

I simply do not understand why developers think those of us who do not want to play the puzzles must be penalized by forcing a wait to be able to skip them.

Edited on 07/05/2014 at 4:47:36 AM PST

Go to: