bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 13, 13 12:29 AM
Welcome to Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Cube Part 1 - where can I find it?

[Post New]by curlyj49 on Jul 14, 13 2:59 PM
where can I find cube part 1?

Re:Welcome to Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil forum

[Post New]by bluechiwawamom on Jul 14, 13 3:11 PM
A very fun game but very frustrating. It's...clunky. It takes forever between scenes. The cursor freezes randomly. And now, I'm in an HOS in the library and two of the objects simply will not click...the ruler and the urn. I've worn my fingers out trying to click on them. The hint button keeps pointing to them but...nada. I finally just quit.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 16, 13 12:20 AM
I had to click on certain objects myself a million times before I got a reaction. It's pixel-hunting at its worst.

The best thing to do is click all around the object until you get it. Of course, if you overclick, you get this weird screen coming up, but it can't be helped.

--- --- ---

And while I am here, also wanted to add about the flowers in the bell tower and the collection of the pollen - I noticed that katbear had a slight problem with that:

The best way to go about is to keep still by one of the flowers and wait until it opens again. Make sure the animated gears are also visible, otherwise it won't work. When the flowers open, click. Some of the flowers took me a couple of attempts, but on the whole I had no problem.

And although, as was stated, the game does play clunky in parts, so far I have had no problem with it on the whole. *keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the game* Love this game!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Cube Part 1 - where can I find it?

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 16, 13 7:33 AM
curlyj49 wrote:where can I find cube part 1?

The first part you will get last. So don't worry about it. You haven't missed anything.

--- --- ---

Although I really love this game, there are 2 things I don't like at all:

firstly (as have I and others said before) it's that I often have to click a hundred times on an object in the HOS before I get a reaction.

And secondly, I really hate that the Skip button for the puzzles takes minutes to fill. I am not terribly interested in puzzles, and there are a lot of them, some of which I really can't care less about, and it would have been nice if the Skip button didn't take so long to fill.

Lets face it... there is no need for the skip (or the hint) to take forever to fill. Either someone wants to do the puzzles, no matter how long it takes them, or someone doesn't want to (or can't) do the puzzle, and just want to get that over with and continue with the main game.

So this is something that really spoils it for me.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jul 16, 13 7:53 PM
Thanks, Valdy,
Had come in here to give a Shout Out
as I had just finally finished the Game!

It had it's Moments , but sure glad I in there.
All in all it was a very good game, and apparently there will be another.
So, for those of you who decide to play it,
persevere...as it's quite good!
the kat
=^,,^=

cherbando
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Sequel?

[Post New]by cherbando on Jul 20, 13 12:52 PM
I loved this one. Does anyone know if there is a sequel or similar games from the same developer? I found this one to be different then the usual HOG and the graphics were really great!

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

Sequel?

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jul 27, 13 3:24 PM
cherbando wrote:I loved this one. Does anyone know if there is a sequel or similar games from the same developer? I found this one to be different then the usual HOG and the graphics were really great!

cherbando, etal
Yes, IMHO looks like we should expect a Sequel.
Like I had said, this one may have had it's moments...
but I'm sure glad I stuck with it
and will watch for a Return Event!
the kat
=^,,^=

SAPECA
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by SAPECA on Aug 18, 13 8:48 PM
HELLO!!!

I just want to SEND A BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS TO BFG for this awesome....game
Some months ago I posted a request for BFG to buy this game AND
HERE WE ARE..

Thanks a million!!!!

dottiesmc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by dottiesmc on Sep 5, 13 3:10 PM
I also had a problem with the flowers,it kept freezes my cursor,I finally just quit,because I had to start all over when I got the game going again.I don,t think I,ll get the sequel if there is one.

[Post New]by mama150 on Jan 18, 14 7:09 PM
This game was recommended by a very "trusted" member of the Elite whom I TRUSTED!!!!,,,HA! this game was recommended because as "trusted" stated OMG this game should be a CE, but its ONLY a SE...WHAT A BARGIN!!!!. Well folks and "trusted" member...this game truly is S**TTy. Have tried twice and will now delete. It's "twitchy", irritating, confusing and thank goodness only $9.99. Sorry Nil :

Edited on 01/18/2014 at 7:17:03 PM PST

Go to: