bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 13, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by 0161 on Jul 13, 13 1:49 AM
Picked up disinfectant from safe but it did not show in the inventory box. Went to heal the baby bear disinfectant still no show but clicked on empty space on inventory and it appeared.
Reluctant to buy this game if there are glitches in the demo.
Windows 7 64 bit used.

Edited on 07/13/2013 at 1:50:26 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Strange Discoveries: Aurora Peak Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 13, 13 1:54 AM
Hi 0161,

That is definitely not right!

You could try updating some of the components that help run your game as it sounds like the computer is having some trouble loading these scenes correctly The advice in the following help article will help you to do that and despite the name of the article, the tips within are all basically geared toward enhancing your game's performance and display:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this doesn't help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Jul 13, 13 3:12 AM
0161 wrote:Picked up disinfectant from safe but it did not show in the inventory box. Went to heal the baby bear disinfectant still no show but clicked on empty space on inventory and it appeared.
Reluctant to buy this game if there are glitches in the demo.
Windows 7 64 bit used.

Same thing happened to me. The hint kept pointing to blank space in inventory and sponge on table. I exited and went back into game and the disinfectant was visible in inventory.

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Jul 13, 13 6:28 AM

Edited on 07/15/2013 at 3:03:20 AM PST

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Jul 13, 13 6:30 AM

Edited on 07/15/2013 at 3:04:06 AM PST

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Jul 13, 13 6:31 AM

Thank you.

That is definitely not right!

You could try updating some of the components that help run your game as it sounds like the computer is having some trouble loading these scenes correctly The advice in the following help article will help you to do that and despite the name of the article, the tips within are all basically geared toward enhancing your game's performance and display:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

If this doesn't help, please contact <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Jul 13, 13 6:58 AM
I am still playing the demo, picked up the sunflower seeds, disappeared from inventory. I guess if there glitches at the start, I should rethink purchasing the game. Looks interesting but needs fixed.

gilesluver
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by gilesluver on Jul 13, 13 7:50 AM
I had problems with the totem pole game. One piece didn't move correctly. It slid down where it shouldn't. This is too early in the game for it to be suffering cache rot. I can only suppose, since my computer is very new, that the coordinates weren't set correctly in the code.

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Jul 14, 13 1:58 AM
I don't know if I have a glitch in the game or the strategy guide is just the way it's suppose to be. One area is unlocked, Alan's area, but all it show's is the pencil drawing of a house and you arrow through the beginning story and that's it. There is nothing else. I've gone at least 30 minutes into the game. I read someone else's post that had problem's with one of the mini-puzzles and they remarked that they looked in the guide, mine doesn't show that, or anything! I had to skip it. It doesn't show any HOSs. Is it suppose to? I am deciding on if I want to buy it and this is going to be a deciding factor. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong, maybe. I just hit guide, hit Alan's area, then am I suppose to do anything else? please HELP!! Thank you!

lizkgames
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by lizkgames on Jul 14, 13 2:59 AM
My problem is trying to open the house with the wheels. I got thru the first two selections, but on the third one, it stalls, and won't go to the next scene. I have Windows 7 64bit and as far as I can tell, I have all the updates available.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 14, 13 4:45 AM
Couldn't get the totem pole puzzle to work. When I try to skip, I get an access error message. I'm not really looking for a solution. The game didn't grab me enough to work at anything for it. But obviously, I won't be purchasing. Perhaps the SE will have fewer/no problems.

mj14
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by mj14 on Jul 14, 13 8:16 AM
Got the following error and then it closed down:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: StrangeDiscoveries_AuroraPeak_CE.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 51dc5fbf
Fault Module Name: StrangeDiscoveries_AuroraPeak_CE.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 51dc5fbf
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0012cbd0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8dd3
Additional Information 2: 8dd36d33ddefbb4357864e2fd34fa251
Additional Information 3: 31cc
Additional Information 4: 31cc5159746c396e0e37778e0aef94f9

All I did was click the hint button.

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Jul 14, 13 7:49 PM
I have white areas at the top of the screen where I think there is supposed to comments or information. I can sometimes make out some pale yellow writing. Usually these games have black boxes with white writing.

When I zoom in on a close up screen the rest of the screen (background) is white. If I zoom out the scene returns. I have tried changing the screen resolution but that made no difference. I'm playing on a Mac, OSX10.6.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 15, 13 3:21 AM
Heya folks,

lindaa1 - Great to hear that closing and reopening the game seems to have solved the problem and that you can keep enjoying it .

huffpatsy, gilesluver, lizkgames and jennsmom- It sounds like some of your game files might be a bit confused. In these cases we found that uninstalling and reinstalling the game often solves these problems as it gives all your game files a refresh.

mj14 - That definitely doesn't looks nice. I would recommend that you also try uninstalling and reinstalling your game to make sure that all files are in a good state. these errors can appear when some elements have been damaged during the installation.

TillyQ - This sounds like your computer might have some problems to process parts of the game. It could help here to make sure that all software components are up-to-date to make sure that the game can run smoothly. You can find some easy steps on how to do that by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

HYDEPARK4
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by HYDEPARK4 on Jul 15, 13 12:35 PM
In the bonus game--very slow transitions using the map to travel. Also game crashes at the point where I try to pick up the fish food--this happened 2 times-unable to complete game.--No problems before this point

ELadyG1013
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by ELadyG1013 on Jul 15, 13 2:17 PM
This is the second time that I have tried to download the demo for this game and both attempts have led to me getting an installation error 769 on my PC. Which means that I cannot play the demo, at least I'm happy that I didn't purchase it and then find out that there are problems. Still it seemed to be interesting and my kind of game but now I'll never know. I have a Windows7 laptop and am current with my updates. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edited on 07/15/2013 at 2:25:41 PM PST

[Post New]by Likeruth on Jul 15, 13 6:34 PM
I keep getting message "need security code to activate with a screen that comes up for me to put in activation code

[Post New]by madameblue on Jul 15, 13 6:59 PM
everytime you click on hint...message error shut down...

Roam
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by Roam on Jul 15, 13 9:28 PM
on the animal tile puzzle: I finished it correctly twice and ...nothing happens, it just seems to wait ? This is the second time I played this with a new profile, the first time I clicked on the finished puzzle and it opened the gate ??? It does not seem to recognize the solved puzzle ?!

Go to: