bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 13, 13 12:37 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

Re:Post any Apothecarium: The Renaissance of Evil technical issues here only

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 13, 13 10:14 AM
Windows 7 64 Bit

Well I think I just might turn 42 by the time I get to download and play the rest of this game and that's not until November. The demo downloaded just fine but after I purchased this of course well 2 hours later finally at the 1/2 way point. Yes I realize this 1.01 GB. I've downloaded games this size before and has NEVER taken this long.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jul 13, 13 11:05 AM
trying to get the "flower fuel"....keep getting access violation......that mini game is almost unplayable!!!!

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 13, 13 11:16 AM
Well in an hour since my post it's moved up from 50% to 59% downloaded. There just might be hope!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 13, 13 11:46 AM
sportygal2009, I'm sorry to hear that it's taking longer than normal to download your game. I hope that's going more quickly now! If not, it's possible that there's a program on your computer that's interfering with that download. We have a resource HERE that offers some helpful hints on speeding up that process.

Micha1234, I'd suggest running your game with administrative capabilities, to make sure that it has all of the permissions it needs to run properly. To find details on how to do that, just click on the blue text HERE.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 13, 13 11:55 AM
Well that link you provided says for downloads that have failed like with an error message. So far I haven't gotten any error messages it's just taking a long time. Well it's up to 77% now!

ETA: Oh and i don't have any other games in the game manager. This is it! Plus I did a clean up, etc., etc.

Edited on 07/13/2013 at 11:57:05 AM PST

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 13, 13 1:02 PM
UNFREAKING BELIEVABLE! It gets downloaded and then the validation part the game manager quits responding!

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Jul 13, 13 3:40 PM
The game would not go to full screen. In the options I clicked on full screen but it went into the game and did not fill the screen. It looked like it might be a good game, but I uninstalled it because I do not want to play on less than a full screen. Did anyone else have this problem?

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Jul 13, 13 5:45 PM
desandnrs wrote:The game would not go to full screen. In the options I clicked on full screen but it went into the game and did not fill the screen. It looked like it might be a good game, but I uninstalled it because I do not want to play on less than a full screen. Did anyone else have this problem?

Well I finally got the game to download a few hours ago now. I got distracted by something else. On to your question here. When mine finally downloaded it wouldn't go to full screen either but when I clicked on full screen then it did for me.

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Jul 13, 13 8:39 PM
just downloaded trail.and got a message it was over.did not even get to try it.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jul 14, 13 5:47 AM
tophen wrote:just downloaded trail.and got a message it was over.did not even get to try it.

that happens sometimes, just delete it and download again. Sometimes it happens that there's a hick up somewhere and that's the result. Just give it another go.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jul 14, 13 5:49 AM
bfgDeveron,

4th time around it let me finish....guess my pc just got as irate with that mini game as I was

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Jul 14, 13 8:08 AM
Micha1234 wrote:trying to get the "flower fuel"....keep getting access violation......that mini game is almost unplayable!!!!

Yes, I am stuck on that too, mentions container for flower fuel, tried the bowl and empty flask, no go, nothing else to find now as I can't advance until I've done this.

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Jul 14, 13 8:26 AM
im the same....managed at last to work out what to do with the flower puzzle...now game has completely frozen..so like others cant go forward.

if anyone from BF says to uninstall and re install I think I shall scream as this is quite far on in the game

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Jul 14, 13 8:53 AM
update re flower game....

after giving my brain and computer a rest I decide to try micha's tipand on the sixth attempt managed to collect the flower pollen...

thanks micha

saadia60
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:Post any Apothecarium: The Renaance of Evil technical issues here only

[Post New]by saadia60 on Jul 14, 13 12:26 PM
I cant go to full screen at all. Not going to buy... the devs need to get with the times. computers these days have wider screens so fix ur games!

error message within game

[Post New]by azteach3821 on Jul 14, 13 7:55 PM
When I've opened a couple of boxes within the game that seem like they should contain an item I need, I get an error message and the game quits. I am able to get back into the game, but the box is gone and no item has been added to my inventory. At first I thought it was a fluke, but then it happened again. Has anyone else had this problem?

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on Jul 15, 13 8:11 AM
I tried using the glove to destroy the long stemmed -whatever they were, before getting to the hosp. After I selected it from my inventory, and clicked quite a few time, it finally popped up larger on the screen, and shot like volts of electric, but nothing happened to the thing, and the glove disappeared from the screen. I picked it up again from inventory, and clicked quite a few times again before it popped up larger on the screen, it finally started destroying them, but it was very frustrating.
Plus it takes so much time to go from one spot to another. Several times I though it had frozen, but then it would move to the new area.
Plus when I used the hint, it would flash funny. I don't know if it was supposed to do that or not, but it sure is aggravating.
So, I'll have to give this one some serious thought. It sure is different with having the morphing items in the hos'. I like it, because it is something different. But with the other problems, and no walk through, I'm going to pass on it. If I remember correctly it was yesterday's dd, I downloaded it, but forgot to play it. But it's still iffy at that, anyway.

Edited on 07/15/2013 at 8:12:35 AM PST

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 15, 13 8:41 AM
So what is the answer on it freezing up trying to collect the flower dust?
Uninstall/reinstall or something else?
It worries me when my computer freezes up like that

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jul 15, 13 2:10 PM
I would say a FIX/UPDATE is needed, for the collecting of pollen mini game, with the flowers.

I don't feel that after purchasing a game, I should have to keep freezing up my computer, to get past the flower game mini.
I've already had 2 Access Violation ERRORS, that have shut down the game completely, now I get to the flower mini, and while trying to collect the pollen, my computer just froze, had to use escape button, because CTRL+ALT+DEL did nothing, after hitting escape several times, I finally managed to get out of this mess.

I DO NOT want to have to go through this 5 more times, like other fishie's here posted that after the 6th time, it finally worked for them ..hello developers .

The developers NEED to issue a fix, for those of us who already purchased their game, and now can't continue, due to this GLITCH .
I really like the game, except there is a LOT of technical problems, with it, it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R going from one scene, to the next, have to click several times in MANY instances and places, for an item to work, example ( the flower monsters, using the glove )...and a lot of other area's also.
Than there are the access violations, and freezing, freezing only happened once so far, at the flower mini, DREAD trying again though .

I would feel better if the developers, addressed the mini issue, or else there are going to be a LOT of refunds, that BF will shouldn't be responsible for, but without a fix, will be.
Even though it's a great game, it shouldn't be released with these issues .
I guess my only choice now is to wait and see if an update is issued .

Edited on 07/15/2013 at 2:12:13 PM PST

Go to: