bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Kingdom Tales

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 15, 13 12:40 AM
Hi everyone!

What do you think of Kingdom Tales? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Kingdom Tales page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Kingdom Tales

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 15, 13 12:41 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Jul 15, 13 12:41 PM
Good afternoon everyone Holy Catfish ! This game is off the hook ! Yes it's a builder and a very cool one to boot ! The graphics are really nice the characters are cute and the story falls right into place. What set's this builder aside from the rest and makes it a stand alone builder is the fact that the dev's made it possible for you to have an unlimited amount of workers so you don't have to hire workers but wait it doesn't stop there also with this one you can still do upgrades and collect rent at the same time so you don't have to wait for your little worker dude to collect rent then send another worker to upgrade you can do them both at the same time ! Kudos to the dev's for that one thank you ! In the options there is a relaxed mode for those that don't like the tick - tock of the clock but for those that don't mind if you don't make the gold the first time around you can always go back and replay the day until your happy and take some time to look at the playing field before you start and plan out your best strategy. You build houses, wells, stone cutters, clear debris, remove hungry wolves and bears, there are several types of houses to build along with several different resource buildings. When you need to collect your rent or get fresh water a little bubble will pop up over the house to let you know what you need to do also there are treasure chest hidden throughout some levels so be on the look out for those they will give you extra gold. This was a definite buy for me especially when I was told I had an unlimited amount of workers and found out I could collect rent and upgrade the homes or buildings at the same time what a time saver way to go dev's on this one. I have several of this developer's building games and they are all so much fun and this one tops them all. Give the demo a try it's so very worth it. Thank you dev's for such a great game and please bring us more and thank you Big Fish for giving me another reason to skip out on my domestic goddess duties today ! Have fun everybody !

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jul 15, 13 5:47 PM
is it just me this game is so easy i got bored pretty fast. the other games like viking saga is much more challeging

Cisca

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Jul 15, 13 6:05 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!! great game and I can't say it any better than gmac. Bought right away and love the characters. It does get to the point you have to strategize what to build first, when to upgrade if you need to all. I am only up to level 12 and having to replay as is harder to make this one.
But really love the game!!

smjjames
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by smjjames on Jul 16, 13 10:19 AM
@gmac1007, you really need some paragraphs.

I found this one kind of meh, the gameplay is the same old stuff. Viking Saga has almost exactly the same kind of mechanics (no water needed for the houses though), but the storyline is much more interesting.

I played about 15 minutes of it and then got bored.

The graphics are ok, though they seem kind of pastel or maybe slightly dated? I dunno.

It's great that they did the unlimited workers from base camp, but come on developers, if you're going to do a build game, at least make the story interesting, or even ADD a story and don't have the same game mechanics everybody else does.

In general it's a nice game. At first it caught my interest because it was a build game which had relaxed mode, but it just didn't keep my interest.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on Jul 17, 13 3:14 PM
I loved this one! Yes, it started out fairly easy - but wasn't as it went on. Yet nothing was so hard that i went crazy trying 10-15 times per level like some other games. This one I could do in several tries if needed. I bought two other TM games right before this one, and abandoned them to play this one right through. It's challenging enough, but relaxing at the same time, and the story line is cute. Good game developers! Could tell you'd played it repeatedly to get the timing just right. Seemed I finished each level by the skin of my teeth!

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Jul 17, 13 11:19 PM
Found this one very enjoyable. I'm through the first 10 levels and I'm not bored. I don't normally pay too much attention to the story line when I'm doing the demo, would rather have the time for an extra level to play. for the unlimited workers, the upgrades, and being able to upgrade and collect rent and water all at the same time!
This game gets a and from me

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 18, 13 6:29 AM
I also love this game, and can't add anything more than has already been said by gmac1007.

Yes, these builders all play along the same lines, but here is something different - unlimited workers that you promote along the way and how quickly this happens is dependent on how well you play the game. There are achievements along the way.

Unlike a lot of other resource management/time management builders of this genre, no-one takes too long gathering this or that or building structures. Things move along swiftly, and thank you for that devs (I'm not known for my patience).

I also loved the hidden treasure chests - no endless chopping through wood or pick-axing a pile of stones to dust. You need to find these things.

And, yes, even in advanced mode all of these games are relatively easy because you never need to finish on time to progress (unlike the dash type TMs), but the trick is.... can you finish each level on maximum? That's tricky and may need a replay on various levels. They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder; difficulty then surely is in the player's skill at achieving gold on every level.

Fab resource management game.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jul 18, 13 2:14 PM
I like this one.

I am impressed that the Devs spent the time to hear what the players had to say.

Keep up the good work Devs & BF!

Angel

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Jul 18, 13 8:50 PM
I got annoyed really early on and just deleted this. Sorry, but if you're going to have a cardboard cutout guy talking to me, please don't make him with one facial expression for the whole game. And please don't make me have to take my eyes off what I'm reading he's saying to find the "continue" button in the top right of the screen, not even in my peripheral vision. Convention says the character talks, you click the speech bubble, character continues. Why make it more difficult? Especially for us trifocal crowd. Focus on what character is saying, click click click...what? Oh, THERE's the "continue" button. Focus on that. Now swing eyes back over and crane neck and swivel head to get the character's next speech bubble back in focus. Yikes.
And I may be stupid (or maybe, again, it's my focus-challenged old eyeballs), but isn't it completely unclear when you click on a place to build that you don't have enough of something, so you have to remedy that so you can build? Waited and waited for someone to build a tent, only to find that I didn't have enough "materials". But just a couple minutes later, the same red color that meant I didn't have enough meant that I did. Or, like I said, perhaps I just thought I saw something I didn't.
Either way, I don't need to be frustrated just trying to get started learning gameplay mechanics. I've played Royal Envoy to every single level (including the 30 bonus levels) with 3 stars and NO strategy guide peeking or cheats. If I can't get at least the basic hang of how to build stuff on this in 5 levels, I'm not wasting more time on it.

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Aug 2, 13 10:35 AM
This one is a winner! It's got everything we TM fans want- Great storyline, excellent graphics, relaxed and timed mode, and a tutorial that you can skip if you don't need it. The only thing that irritated me was the screech owl sound that plays every minute or so. Other than that little sound, It is a fantastic game!

I recommend this one for all TM lovers!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 1, 13 5:44 PM
Well, I hit double disappointment today. I play these games often, but I found this one confusing...I even went back and had the tutorial gude me through, but things still weren't working...plenty of money but couldn't seem to build anymore tents than 2 and could not see anymore direction to go....found it a bit slow going too, just not the zip I find in other ones. No buy for me.

Go to: