bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Mahjong Business Style technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 15, 13 12:44 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Post any Mahjong Business Style technical issues here only

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Jul 15, 13 10:08 AM
I am trying the trial version and it says I am missing the consts.xml and the game.xml files. Please look into this

ThomAndJerry
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Jul 15, 13 10:15 AM
Nevermind, whole game didn't install.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 15, 13 10:58 AM
Hi ThomAndJerry,

Glad to hear that things cleared up after installing the game fully. If you run into any problems while playing, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Enjoy the game!

bfgSeine

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jul 15, 13 1:49 PM

After playing 2 levels, my game froze and I had to manually shut down my computer. Once up again, I went back into the game and it APPEARS to be alright; however, I noticed that the game icon on my desktop is not displaying correctly.

MEnr56

[Post New]by 6_puppy_tails on Jul 15, 13 5:47 PM
Downloaded this game got a blank screen-Deleted it-Downloaded it again and still a blank screen. Downloaded it with Fire Fox and Explorer did the same thing!! All my other Big fish games download and play fine!! A bug??? Help???

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 16, 13 4:19 AM
Hi everyone!

MEnr56 - I would encourage you to take a look at the following help article which has some great advice on how to update the elements that help run your game:

If the problems persist though, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

6_puppy_tails - it sounds like the game is installing just fine but having issues when you try to open it.

When a game fails to launch, it could be down to a few reasons, such as the game requirements not being met, or something interfering with how a game runs.

The best way of addressing these issues is to have a look at the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If you are still having trouble after updating or you need more help with this process, I would recommend getting in touch with our Support Team so they can provide some specific support.

Hoping this helps!

bfgBaikal

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jul 16, 13 10:26 AM
I was able to download the demo fine, but upon starting up the game to play, all I get is music and a black screen. I had to also click on control/delete to get the task manager, then click end, to get out of the game. I restarted my computer, and the game several times, to no avail. Now I will delete the game entirely from the game manager. Too bad, as I was hoping to play this game, as it looked good. Oh well, not this time.

Edited on 07/16/2013 at 10:27:23 AM PST

[Post New]by 6_puppy_tails on Jul 16, 13 4:20 PM
Hi--I went to the help before I posted on here and did everything. My computer is only three months old and this is the only game I have had a problem with but thanks for the input.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 17, 13 3:58 AM
Hi Everyone!

Sorry to see you both had this trouble - how frustrating to have this happen on a brand new machine 6_puppy_tails

From my experience though, it is not uncommon to have a few minor updates you can perform on a 'fresh out of the box' machine.

Because the issues reposted here indicate that the game is not running as smoothly as it should, I would encourage you both to have a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game:

If a slightly newer driver has been released, that could make all the difference.

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this though, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/17/2013 at 3:59:07 AM PST

sharky12
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by sharky12 on Jul 17, 13 1:05 PM
There is a big problem with this game.Error Access violation at 0x0048F890 (tried to read from 0x000008D) program terminated. I had to re-boot. I have sent a Dr. Felix report.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 17, 13 1:12 PM
Hello sharky12,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been seeing that access violation.

First I'd suggest running your game as an administrator, to ensure that it has all of the permissions it needs to run correctly. You can find a help article with tips on doing that HERE. If that doesn't work, just click on the blue text below for more information on access violations:

Access Violations

If you're still seeing that error, go ahead and contact our Tech Support Team, so one of our Reps can look into this further.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jul 21, 13 6:33 PM
Have had some Game Freezing Episodes as well.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 24, 13 6:46 AM
Heya katbear50,

I'm sorry to hear that your game is freezing on you .

These kind of problems often show that your computer is having some problems to run the game. This can be caused by some of your software being in need of an update. You can find some easy steps on how to do that by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

jgehrke
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by jgehrke on Jul 28, 13 2:20 PM
I have had a few freezes also and I play many games and study many hardware and software issues, so I suspect a bug. I can kill and restart the game (no need to restart the computer) and often the game runs fine - one freezes in specific circumstances such as a reshuffle that also clears a level...

Go to: