ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

Talk with the developers of Kingdom Tales here!

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jul 15, 13 3:47 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm a producer and lead designer in Cateia Games - the developer behind Kingdom Tales.

It has already become a tradition for us to chat with you on this forum. I would very much like to hear your comments & suggestions... The more we hear from you, the more improvements we can make for our next game.

Keep your comments coming - I'll stay around the forum for few days trying to catch up with everyone!

best,
Cateia Games designer

Edited on 07/15/2013 at 11:09:19 AM PST

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Kingdom Tales here!

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jul 15, 13 6:48 AM
Hi, ivanbral!

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed the free trial of Kingdom Tales. As soon as I'm done with this comment I'll be off to buy it. I'm a relative newcomer to time management games, and it's VERY nice to find one where I actually have a chance to "beat the clock." I had to replay a few levels (how could I have missed that those poor folks didn't have a well?!) but with a bit of thought and planning I've found all the levels I played achievable.

Thanks for such a delightful game!

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jul 15, 13 7:30 AM
thanks mgpaquin!
I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the game as well!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 15, 13 7:46 AM
Hi Ivan

It is great to see another game from your company and I bought this one based solely on seeing the word dragons mentioned on the first line of the story, your name mentioned as the dev in the first review and a quick glance at the screenshots .

So far I have only played the first 4 levels in Relaxed Mode but I do like what I see:

Your graphics are nice and clear and suit the type of game
Your storyline involves making peace with the dragons
Your music is nice and cheerful and I kept it on
There are two modes Adventure and Relaxed
Unlimited number of workers ... an excellent idea
45 levels seems a reasonable amount.
Achievements for those that like to aim for them.

No I am not going to give a completely glowing report because you get a ...

For highlighting the secrets with sparkles.

Q ... Where is the fun in looking for a secret that isn't a secret?
A ... There isn't, and it spoiled it .

Upon exiting the game I clicked on the gold star on the title screen and I have to say that I have never been transported to the download page faster than the speed of light before, I never even had time to blink LOL. However putting that link in your game obviously paid off because here I am commenting on it.

I have to say that I don't think you could make a game that I totally hated so please keeping on making them for PCs and, as long as my arthritic hands can hold a mouse, I will keep buying them.

Best regards and thanks to all at Cateia Games .

Cherb

PS ... You might want to try playing in the word game threads for the next few days otherwise your badge in the new forums will permanently be the (the is much prettier but you are 60 posts away) as BFG are going to stop us morphing when they close this version of the forums .

ahsten75
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by ahsten75 on Jul 15, 13 8:51 AM
Hi!

I liked the demo and will go on to purchase it. It's not as challenging as other TM games, but it's a nice game for a break from work because it's not frustrating and a little planning is all you need to accomplish the goals before time runs out.

I LOVE the fact that you always have enough workers.

The artwork is very well done. It is on the small side, but it's clear enough to play the game.

As someone else mentioned, I never saw the secret bonuses, but I will look for them when I buy it.

Thanks for a nice game.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Jul 15, 13 9:15 AM
Hello Ivanbral and Cateia Games.

My compliments on Kingdom Tales. The graphics are excellent the storyline is fun and entertaining and having both timed and relaxed modes will please the most people possible. I also thought it gives us a little something different from all the other builders currently out there, which is a good thing.

I did purchase the game and I will enjoy finishing it. However, I would love to see future games have a much higher degree of difficulty and many, many more levels and achievements. (I finished 18 levels in timed mode in the demo )

LOL - and with regard to the 'secret' - when I noticed the word on the score listing I started checking out the screens for something. It took a few screens until one showed up or until I saw something) and a then there were a couple screens before I found another, so I think the secret thing is fine the way it is (even when the fairy alerts people to start looking for something in case they haven't caught on yet).

Keep up the great work. We need more developers like you!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 15, 13 11:09 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm just swinging by to sticky this thread to make discussing the game a bit easier.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Jul 15, 13 12:47 PM
Hi Ivanbral Thanks for stopping in and taking some time out of your busy schedule to hang out with us here. This game is awesome I'm loving every minute of it especially the fact that I have unlimited workers and can do more than one thing at a time to a house what a cool touch that was thank you for that. I have your other builder games as well and love them you guys have done a great job with this one and all the rest as well. Please keep bringing these games to us we love them and we need more developer's to get on the builder games wagon so we can have more. Thanks so much for stopping in and thanks so much for such a great game and I'm looking so forward to the next one so please keep them coming !

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Jul 15, 13 12:48 PM
Hi ivanbral.

I like the game very much and also have your previous game, Fate of the Pharaohs. I've played it so many times I could probably play it in my sleep. That's value IMHO that a game is fun enough that a player will play it over and over and over...

I usually turn the music off after a few levels on every game because it usually just becomes annoying but the music for this one is pretty good. Very calm and soothing. Love the fact that you kept the chatter from the characters to silence. There is nothing more annoying then a character constantly stating they are done or on my way, etc. It took me a couple levels of using an eagle eye and clicking on everything and it's brother to find out what the secret bonus was but I did finally get it. I still love the unlimited characters and in this one the opportunity to promote them. Clever. Love the HD choice to play the game.

My only suggestion would maybe add another level of difficulty. Maybe Relaxed, Adventure, & Lets Go Insane. I love the insane levels that have me pulling my hair out.

I bought this right after the demo and gave it a review on the game page, not the forum here. I gave it a 5 out of 5 stars even without the Lets Go Insane level.

Edited to reflect an error in the rating.

Edited on 07/15/2013 at 8:51:30 PM PST

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Jul 15, 13 3:28 PM
Hello Ivanbral
very nice to see developers caring about our opinions.
I do like the game a lot however the only improvements I would like to see is a slightly larger outlay, buildings, people, etc. Also if you could just hover over the gold and buckets, instead of actually picking them up and carry them back to the castle, that would save time
I really like the fact that there are always enough workers. And having achievements. What can I say...... I like lots to do in a game. Keeps my mind going. Very nice touch.
I also have not found a secret yet, but will look harder now.

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jul 15, 13 6:54 PM
its a nice looking game, BUT its so easy to play i didnt get challenged like i got with the viking saga i played the trial version hoping it would be more challiging
but no so i got bored with the game, looks like i am the only one?

GameFan
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by GameFan on Jul 15, 13 7:25 PM
Nice to see the producer and designer come to the forums. TM and Build games are my favorite types. I have really enjoyed this game. Started out easy and then got harder. But what I really liked is that it wasn't all about how fast you could click but thought to where things are placed. One level I did several times before I got it within the timer. It was all about placing the houses close to the castle so that they could pickup the money quicker. I love games that make you think and placement counts. The graphics are beautiful and so nice to see a TM game that has such great graphics. I have really enjoyed the game! Thanks for making such a enjoyable game.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jul 15, 13 8:30 PM
I have only played a few levels, and then bought it I love that I can play with unlimited workers and unlimited time!!! I am not real fast at doing this type of games, but I love thinking and figuring it out. Congrats on another great game that lots of levels of abilities can play!

MzShel
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by MzShel on Jul 15, 13 10:05 PM
My hubby turns up his nose at my "little" games, but walking past my computer while I was playing this one, he said, "WOW, those are some nice graphics." So, high praise indeed.
I completely enjoyed the game. I like that even when the time runs out, I can continue playing. I also like that there are unlimited workers. I always get frustrated with games of this type when they limit your workers.
I haven't finished all the levels, but I can already tell this is a game I will play over and over.
Thank you!!!

trish999
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by trish999 on Jul 15, 13 10:38 PM
Hi Ivanbral

I really enjoyed playing the game but as an advanced time management player, this game was too easy for me. I finished the game with all achievements in 3 hours. Maybe on your next game you could put in a more challenging option. That is really my only criticism of the game. Graphics were great and game play was smooth. Very easy to navigate. Keep the great games coming!!!

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jul 15, 13 11:30 PM
Hi everyone!

I just signed in and what I see is so many great comments - and some really cool suggestions.
First of all, we thank you for playing our game, and we are so glad so enjoy it!

Seems like many of you like finding the secret bonus (which is hidden on every level). For our next game we'll make sure to add more different secrets on each level.

Regarding the difficulty - most likely we'll add another (3rd) difficulty mode for the next game. At the moment we have: Relaxed and Adventure, but adding the 3rd mode (the hardest mode) seems like a good idea

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 16, 13 12:15 AM
Hi there Ivanbral,
I was wondering when the Brightstone Mysteries games will be ready for release.
Cheers

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jul 16, 13 12:25 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there Ivanbral,
I was wondering when the Brightstone Mysteries games will be ready for release.
Cheers

Hi DragonLadyOz,
unfortunately, I cannot say that at the moment
But, sometime next year for sure.

[Post New]by joy295 on Jul 16, 13 1:10 AM
Hi Ivan

Love the new game - just wondered if there were any plans for Fate of the Pharaohs 2???

Thanks

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on Jul 16, 13 2:20 AM
joy295 wrote:Hi Ivan

Love the new game - just wondered if there were any plans for Fate of the Pharaohs 2???

Thanks

no, we don't have any plans for that, but we'll continue making different TM games in future

Go to: