GirlPink
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

any hints for levelling up?

[Post New]by GirlPink on Jul 15, 13 4:57 AM
I am really enjoying this game, love to be checking my farm several times a day. But now I am sort of stuck. I am at level 21 and do not have any new quests from the people on my farm. The 'world' quests are all for things that need me to be on at least level 23 (mostly milk requests). I have gone all out and got all the achievements I can so far and all the learning and all the collections.. Is there any way to speed up the 'star' collection so I can get the damn cows and carry on??? Any suggestions welcome!!

Re:any hints for levelling up?

[Post New]by Msflowergal on Jul 15, 13 2:36 PM
Can you buy the lemon tree yet? Not sure what level they became available on, but when I was wanting to get "stars", I filled every available space with lemon trees. You get 110 lemon "stars" every time you harvest them. They take awhile to grow, but plant them before you go to bed at night, and then they don't take that long to ripen from then on. If you can't plant lemon trees cause they're not available yet, maybe you could find out what tree you have that gives the most "XP" and plant those. What I like about trees, is you don't have to spend so much energy on them, just plant once then harvest over and over!

GirlPink
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by GirlPink on Jul 15, 13 2:39 PM
Thanks Msflowergal, I dont have the lemon tree but I have planted heaps of pears, for 45 stars per each harvest. Still is taking forever!!!

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Jul 16, 13 6:55 AM
Hi GirlPink,
there are some quests that give lots of XP - I finished these using 2 or 3 gold coins in order to level up; but you don't have to hurry, quests are very rare at higher levels

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Jul 21, 13 8:31 PM
Do you have turnips yet? They work well for me. I'm level 31 (very close to level 32!), and that's what I'm using. Wheat for the pastry factory and the other half for turnips.

Sliponshoes
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by Sliponshoes on Jul 22, 13 7:12 AM
No matter what level you are, beginner or seasoned, I would recommend concentrating on completing chores/quests (on left side of screen) and the achievements. Trade in your collections too. I heard that some of the map quests ask for collections so I keep about 10 complete collections before selling them for whatever they offer. The field collection gives 250 XP and 1000 Silver and is very common. I have traded in a ton of these for more XP and silver. You can get collections by clicking on the fish and glowing butterflies and by growing stuff.

For growing stuff, always look at the XP and the difference between the cost and income. Grow stuff that has higher XP rewards and pays the most (they are usually the same). These items usually take the longest to grow but have the highest rewards. After training up Jennifer at the school the grow times can be significantly reduced. As you level up you will have access to different items that are more profitable (XP and silver).

This is what I have found to be helpful in the game. Please feel free to expand on these suggestions!

Happy farming!

Edited on 07/22/2013 at 7:50:56 AM PST

nuttynuts
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by nuttynuts on Jul 28, 13 12:56 AM
The only way to level up is by getting stars. The fastest way to get stars is by planting fast-growing crops. Here is how I do it:

At the earlier levels (before level 20) I save my gold and whenever I have 16 gold I buy 4 hrs of unlimited energy. But do this when you can play 4 hrs straight. And then for 4 hours I keep planting fast growing products - mostly tomatoes, and some cabbage, potatoes and cucumbers. I fill up all my land patches (I have about 80 now) with these. The first couple of times, also get lots of water (a couple of thousand) so that you always have a supply. Keep planting, watering, hoeing and harvesting all of them continuously, I usually do this in the evening, and then use the last half-hour of the unlimited energy time to plant turnips and Brussels sprouts, and water them so that they'll be ready for harvesting the next day. Even though it says 30 hrs for turnips, if you water and hoe them, you can harvest them in about 6-8 hours. Turnips and sprouts give lots of money. You make money also with tomatoes because if you keep planting non-stop for 4 hours, you have lots of tomatoes to sell.

At the end of 4 hours I have hundreds (later stages in to the thousands) **** gems, accumulated energy (in the hundreds) and lots of collectibles some of which can be exchanged for gold. Each time I did this, I ended up with at least 10 gold coins, sometimes if I was lucky, I got 20 or more gold. And you level up of course. At earlier stages sometimes I leveled up two levels in one 4-hour episode.

In later levels, I keep planting whatever is demanded (but also have apples, oranges and stuff, and some berries going on at all times), and some random crops - but don't water or hoe them - using the **** gems and the snack bar (I always use the 4 hr chicken noodle soup).And then use the 4 hr unlimited energy option when I am about 10-12 000 stars short of the next level.

Go to: