bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Build-a-Lot: Mysteries technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 16, 13 12:34 AM

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

Achievement not Given

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Jul 20, 13 12:47 PM
The Value Added Achievement (Appraise 50 Houses) is not triggered.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Build-a-Lot: Mysteries technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 24, 13 6:39 AM
Heya wxman77477,

Seeing that the achievement didn't trigger it could be that some of your game files are a little confused. In these cases it usually helps already to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game as this gives all the game files a refresh.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by tooluvtwo on Aug 3, 13 6:06 PM
I quit and save when I am done but yet when I go back to play I am usually 2-3 levels back. Its getting frustrating. Im sick of replaying level 30, 31 and 32.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 8, 13 5:27 AM
How frustrating tooluvtwo!

Your game should be saving your progress as you play so it sounds like something may be wrong if the game is not saving automatically for you.

I would encourage you to have a look that the following help article which has some great advice on how to ensure your game is running correctly and set up to save as it should:

Game Not Saving

If the problems persist, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you!

Hope this helps

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by calmlynow on Aug 9, 13 8:40 AM
Got speedy rating on 1 -19 of mystery play - level 20 locked. Tried uninstall and install and this did not help

WeirdCat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by WeirdCat on Aug 12, 13 7:20 AM
Having a similar problem to someone else here, have got to level 35 ( I think), completed it but when I come back on I start at level 31 again, this has happened three times now, I look in the journal and it says only levels 1-30 are complete. Haven't had this problem before level 31 and am fed up so unless there's a solution there's no point me playing the game any more. Feeling very frustrated. Have looked in the help section and none of that applies to me

Edited on 08/12/2013 at 7:20:56 AM PST

NormaNorman
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

Achievement not Given

[Post New]by NormaNorman on Aug 26, 13 12:06 PM
wxman77477 wrote:The Value Added Achievement (Appraise 50 Houses) is not triggered.

Appears this isn't fixed yet.

Skndr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by Skndr on Sep 1, 13 4:20 PM
Value Added Achievement (Appraise 50 Houses) is not working. I've seen others say the same, perhaps Big Fish can fix it soon?

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Oct 1, 13 2:21 PM

My question is: Are you going to fix the achievement "Appraise 50 Houses" or not??
The problem must be in the program, since I am not the only one complaining about it,

sharkkat
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by sharkkat on Oct 10, 13 3:12 PM
Quick play levels 11-20 locked. Have speedy on everything? Have uninstalled and re-installed, yet those levels are still locked? Is this a glitch or did I miss a necessary step somewhere to unlock levels 11-20 on quick play?

[Post New]by Robretty on Mar 3, 14 11:09 AM
I can`t reactivate the game, it asks for a validation key, but all I got when I bought it was an invoice without a key.

I played it before, now it keeps asking for a key and won`t activate without it. Can I get a validation key re-sent please?

Cheers

Cannot save expert levels

[Post New]by YouBugMeBaby on Jul 14, 14 3:16 PM
I have had problems with Build -a- lot Mysteries and Mysteries 2 .. The same problem on both games. I cannot save any of the expert levels. I did get a hold of tech support with info from felix info gathering. I also checked this forum for any one else with same problem. I went to your "helpful" page. I was told that maybe my files were corrupt and therefore to trash the data folder as per instructions . Played the game once again. With the same results. I cannot save expert levels. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if you have to play all the expert levels at one time. Has any of the tech staff even played the game to know the answer?

The Answer: If unable to save at the end of the level.

[Post New]by YouBugMeBaby on Jul 20, 14 6:29 PM
I figured out the problem as far as having to play the same levels over again because the game(Mysteries and Mysteries 2 ) Has a design flaw or shall we say a different format than the earlier Build-A-Lot games. IF you play through the main campaign (Mystery Campaign) AND continue through the Expert level then save your progress, only to come back to the game and find your back at the last level of the Mystery Main campaign. The new mystery Build a lot is saving much differently. This is what you do:

1.Once you get to the welcome screen press the play mysteries button.
2. The next screen (the pop up screen) Reads SELECT CAMPAIGN, instead of hitting the "RESUME" button on the Mystery Campaign, since you have finished the campaign and if you look closely under the word CAMPAIGN it should read COMPLETE!
3. Go to Expert Campaign you will either see the start button if you haven't played or you will see the RESUME button. You will now see where you had left off with the expert campaign.

The previous versions of Build- A-Lot DID NOT have a resume button if you had completed the campaign. Which can be confusing on the newer version of Build-A-Lot Mysteries and Mysteries2 .. I hope this helps others. It's simply taking a closer look at the second screen titled Select Campaign..

[Post New]by TheMountain on Dec 20, 14 11:21 AM
Thank you for helping with the problem of the reverting back to the Main Campaign. I will try it and if it doesn't work for me I will just reinstall and begin again. I use this game to increase my memory from the effects of an auto accident. It really helps me think and analyze how to achieve something in a specified time period. Please know that I really appreciate your work, as I realize from my own programing when I worked, that sometimes it is just a tiny thing that may be right in front of you, that once you correct will solve the issue. I may not see the campaign "Complete" because I have limited vision now. So, again, thank you very much for help. I appreciate it more than you can ever know. :-)

Go to: