Lira666
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Help please.

[Post New]by Lira666 on Jul 18, 13 4:58 AM
Now I have been playing this game for a while and I think am at the point where all my hard work to save the buildings is useless. I have enjoyed it but the upgrade for the buildings have me a little confused.
If someone could give me a few pointers it would be appreciated.

Re:Help please.

[Post New]by stevefrei on Jul 20, 13 11:26 AM
It's true that when it comes to upgrades and how you secure your buildings and how you lose them (and have to play them again) the game gives no directions whatsoever, and that's inexcusable really since it's the focus of the entire game and the only path to beating the game.

Well, I believe I just beat the game this morning -- that is, all of my buildings are secured and none can be taken away. I say 'I believe' because the game has given me no indication I've won, yet I can no longer play any buildings.

This is what I've gathered about upgrades: You'll want to balance out getting building upgrades -- whenever possible purchasing the 'shield' upgrades, which make your buildings impervious -- with getting power-ups and power-up upgrades. At a certain point when you have enough power-ups, you can 'win' any building -- and ultimately they go up to 200. Once you've 'won' all the buildings and there's no buildings left to play, you've essentially 'beat' the game (although I must say it's a bit anticlimactic, and I'm not so sure it was worth the effort, haha).

The most difficult part of the game is the mid-game, when you're trying to get power-ups *and* secure your buildings at the same time -- at that point in the game, I found myself playing the same buildings four, five, six times before I could secure them for good with the shield. As I say, however, once you've purchased and upgraded your power-ups, it's just a matter of time before you get all the buildings.

Lira666
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Lira666 on Jul 21, 13 12:44 AM
Since posting this and receiving your feedback I have completed all of the buildings but the game is frozen I guess. Because the old guy is now just wandering around the town but none of my buildings have any green showing on their suns. I read through the other posts about this but nothing to answer the question. Does the Clock Tower have to be the final building in order to finish the game?

jackelfish
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by jackelfish on Aug 1, 13 12:16 PM
Yes, after all the other buildings are secure, with yellow suns, the clocktower becomes available to play. When it is finished, the credits roll.

Go to: