bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Curse of Vox

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 19, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Haunted Legends: The Curse of Vox ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Haunted Legends: The Curse of Vox page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Curse of Vox

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 19, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 19, 13 12:38 AM
Wanna see how Fishies found the CE version of this game?

Just click here!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jul 19, 13 1:12 AM
Revised Opinion After Completed CE Game

BASED ON COMPLETED CE GAME

Based on the trial for the COLLECTOR’S EDITION, I was really impressed with this game. It showed marvellous INGENUITY & UNIQUENESS, as well as the more PREDICTABLE HIGH STANDARDS we expect from ERS.

But after COMPLETING the game, I’m NOT AS ENTHUSIASTIC as I was. This is certainly a VERY GOOD GAME, CE or SE, but it FALLS SHORT of being SPECTACULAR as far as I’m concerned. It is, however, in the BONUS CONTENT that my DISAPPOINTMENT lies, and this version of the game now seems to me the better of the two, taking in the extra cost.

I still ABSOLUTELY LOVE the INTRO CUT SCENES, as well as the reintroduction of our NEMESIS, SG, this time more INVOLVED in the story, and DRAWN in much more DETAIL. All the cut scenes with him are fun, such a NASTY LITTLE MAN, and with almost no dialogue is still one of the best PERSONALITIES of any game.

The STORY, which seemed so good at first, is not handled as well as it could be, and so I found it difficult to get INVOLVED and STAY TUNED to the nuances of the investigation. We are a detective brought in to investigate a murder on a rich family estate, but what we find is a mansion full of GHOSTS. Some friendly, some not so much.

At the centre of all the problems is the MAGIC BOOK OF WISHES, VOX, which is our friend SG’s sought after goal. Apparently this book has imprisoned the souls of the family, tying them to the estate. There are many twists and turns, and some real surprises, before the truth is revealed.

PUZZLES & HO SCENES are IMAGINATIVE, CLEAR, and LOVELY TO LOOK AT. Those of you who know ERS’ work may notice (or it could just be me) that the GRAPHICS seem a little more STYLISED than usual.

The SOUNDTRACK is GOOD, including the VOICEOVERS, and the MUSIC here is by far their best offering.

HO SCENES are PROGRESSIVE SILHOUETTE (find this pictured item, to do that, to get that... until you have INVENTORY ITEM) and INTERACTIVE LIST. The PUZZLES were NOT very HARD, although as always I missed a few. The BALANCE is weighted towards HOS, which you visit twice.

Getting around, finding INVENTORY ITEMS and using them is NOT TOO HARD either. You have a DIRECTIONAL HINT, A JUMP MAP (NO indication of ACTIVE TASKS), and a JOURNAL.

The story ends well and doesn’t need the CE’s bonus chapter to finish it.

So despite my disappointment with the CE version of this game, I have no problems recommending this one, and if the story had have been handled a little better, it would have rated five stars.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 19, 13 1:23 PM
Boy, BF is making it hard to leave reviews now. No longer able to with this new change they've made to do so when I exit a game...I have to go and find the game on their website and then I can find the forum...what a chore...why do they do things like that? Good grief. Anyway,,,,

I usually really like this developer but this game is really a chore. The map is basically useless unless you KNOW where you want to go and WHAT you want to do there. Very, very slow hint and skip and the mini games are very tedious and somewhat complicated...reallly slows the game down and takes the fun out of it. HOS are fine, but don't use the hint as it is really slow. The journal is also useless, don't know what they even bother putting those into games.

Lots of cut scenes and dialog which you can skip. Voice overs are just OK. But the one thing that really kills this game for me is gathering the rings and then having to figure out the runes all the time and you have to write everything down (all those little runes) because they aren't in a journal or paper...so you write them down and then copy them back into the game....not fun, don't like taking notes.

Story seems slow and mixed up...probably because things are moving so slow. Anyway, I had to take a break before I fell asleep.....finish it later.

Finally forced my way to the end of the game.....ugh, what an awful game. Between that useless map and slowwwww hint/skip the game was not fun at all.....what a waste of time....

Edited on 07/26/2013 at 3:30:53 PM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 19, 13 2:24 PM
The graphics of this game are very nice, normal HOG scenes and interactive which are rather fun - this could have been really good however I found the story convoluted- and whilst I appreciate the attempt at adding something different with the necklace/rings, it was tedious and at the end I was left wondering why I was collecting all these rings I was not using anyway...

Average length

spoiler
at least we got to blow up that evil man, however- he is still going ...unfortunately

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 22, 13 10:15 PM
bessiegirl wrote:Boy, BF is making it hard to leave reviews now. No longer able to with this new change they've made to do so when I exit a game...I have to go and find the game on their website and then I can find the forum...what a chore...why do they do things like that? Good grief. Anyway,,,,

I usually really like this developer but this game is really a chore. The map is basically useless unless you KNOW where you want to go and WHAT you want to do there. Very, very slow hint and skip and the mini games are very tedious and somewhat complicated...reallly slows the game down and takes the fun out of it. HOS are fine, but don't use the hint as it is really slow. The journal is also useless, don't know what they even bother putting those into games.

Lots of cut scenes and dialog which you can skip. Voice overs are just OK. But the one thing that really kills this game for me is gathering the rings and then having to figure out the runes all the time and you have to write everything down (all those little runes) because they aren't in a journal or paper...so you write them down and then copy them back into the game....not fun, don't like taking notes.

Story seems slow and mixed up...probably because things are moving so slow. Anyway, I had to take a break before I fell asleep.....finish it later.

This is yet another game that starts out interesting and rapidly deteriorates.

renaki
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by renaki on Jul 24, 13 7:53 AM
BASED ON DEMO / I AM AN AVERAGE PLAYER

I will not buy this game

1} because it is veeeeeery small, (maybe 1 hour more after the demo's ending) When the demo ended I had 19 more minuted to play (I suppose if they let us play the whole trial hour, with a little efford we would have finished the game) We are in the middle of a financial crisis, I am not going to pay for less than 4 hours gaming.
2} the map and the journal are useless, you depend only to the hint so you really do not have the chance to think and check the possibilities by yourself
3} the HOS are beautiful and different but easy
4} the WHOLE GAME is beautiful BUT SHORT AND EASY

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jul 26, 13 11:54 AM
Not sure this game is CE worthy. I have played a number of the others in this series and felt they were hard enough to earn a better rating than this game. I usually average the rating and this would actually be a 3.5, if that were possible.
The puzzles here were rather easy, as were the HOS. Nothing too exciting, in my opinion.

The graphics were good (and the same as the rest of the games in this series). The music was just a little different and I felt it did enhance the mood of the game.

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on Aug 1, 13 5:18 PM
I liked the game, but it was very very short -- only took me about 2 1/2 hours, which is hardly worth the money, even on sale. The ending was very abrupt, to the point of not being sure whether it was over or not. The beginning was much more interesting and fun, which is why I purchased it.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Aug 6, 13 4:15 PM
Gorgeous scenes and graphics, as usual from this dev. They really excel.

I'm glad I bought the game but have to say that doing the ring stuff nearly drove me nuts. It was an obvious attempt to bring something new to a game but, for me, it didn't work.

I also thought the game was a bit on the short side with an abrupt, and rather weird, ending.

Although I liked the ugly little chap's reappearance in this series, the overall story line left a lot to be desired.

The map was absolutely useless. Darn great thing that was no help at all.

[Post New]by pest2553 on Aug 30, 13 6:05 AM
I am so glad for all these reviews. I'll just uninstall this one & find something else to buy. Thanks to all!!

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Aug 30, 13 8:13 AM
i am personally a bit bored with this series, the h.o. scenes are not well done, it is the same soundtrack on every game. the little man has seen better days, it takes ages for the hint button to recharge it just seems to me that ersgames are now just sticking to the same old formula for all their games

no buy here!

[Post New]by MePlayingGames on Mar 20, 14 9:49 PM
Ok, so it was a pretty good game. But the ending....really? SPOILER ALERT!!!

Take my ring it will halp you complete the ritual....click....done! Really?!!! That's it? Did they run out of time or ideas? It just seemed like something was coming but......

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Jun 4, 14 5:06 PM
This game was a big disappointment to me. All the other Haunted Legend games were great, but in this one, there is NO reset button on the mini-games so if you make a mistake you are SOL.
Doesn't make for a fun game, and yet the excitement is still there to play but it means I have to go all the way back to the beginning and start again. Of course, I can skip the games but where is the fun in that?
I give this game only a 2 out of five.

Go to: