bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

UPDATE - For PC Version Now Available! - July 19, 2013

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 19, 13 2:37 PM
Hi Fishies,

Great news! A new PC version is available for Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play! This latest version offers new rewards, new acheivements, new content, some bug fixes, and A BRAND NEW ISLAND!

To ensure you are playing the newest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our Tech Support Team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming,

bfgDeveron

Edited on 10/08/2013 at 3:55:40 PM PST

arids
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

Re:UPDATE - For PC Version Now Available! - July 19, 2013

[Post New]by arids on Jul 19, 13 2:50 PM
Thanks - great to have an update! Any chance we can get a list of the bugs that have been fixed? I think the amulets are still counting down on pause or exit, so it would be good to know if it's supposed to be doing that or not. I like that you can now choose whether to show the intro or not - saves a few clicks

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Jul 19, 13 3:21 PM
The new update is terrific! Thank you for starting a new thread for this - and, thank you for having the update appear in the game manager - it worked perfectly! I am enjoying this immensely!!! Yeah, Big Fish!!!!

There is one fix still needed, as already stated - amulets need to stop countdown when one is not in the game...

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 19, 13 3:57 PM
Hello fairhavenfish01 and arids,

The Moderator team has been doing some investigation into the amulet issue over the last few weeks, and it's just come to our attention that the amulet are functioning correctly in the game. Those are meant to count-down in real time (versus in-game time). An amulet that boosts a stat for an hour will expire 60 minutes after it was activated.

I know this will change game-play strategies a bit and may cause some frustration at first, but I'm glad we know the answer now!

I hope this helps clear things up and please let a Moderator know if you have any questions or concerns!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by FuzzbrainDribble on Jul 19, 13 5:07 PM
Yeah, look, I'm sorry but that's rubbish. There are six hour amulets! You can't play this game for six hours straight. They worked on in-game time before.

Honestly, this just sounds like they can't be bothered (or don't know how) to fix it.

If that's the case, just tell us, but don't treat us like we're morons, please. You might be glad you know the answer but your answer does not make sense.

EDIT: I went into the shop and noticed you are still charging people diamonds for the six hour amulet. If you have decided not to fix the amulet problem then you really need to remove that amulet from the shop or stop charging people diamonds for it. Because you can't use it for six hours, and you are ripping off the people who pay money for diamonds by letting them think that they can!

Edited on 07/19/2013 at 7:19:18 PM PST

sexxygamma
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by sexxygamma on Jul 19, 13 6:34 PM
umm new update made my laptop go kaput! I now have a huge black line going thru my screen when the game is up and running and it also blinks constantly!I will go and uninstall/install it but I hope I do not lose any of my diamonds or points?

alite4him
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by alite4him on Jul 19, 13 11:09 PM
Deveron..... do you play Found??

The Amulets have counted down in GAME time since day one.... the answer you got and have passed along is UNacceptable.

Sexxygamma I so feel for you. I know we get excited about updates but they always seem to mess with someone, I'm holding out again as usual until we hear what some of the issues are, I can't afford to go get my laptop repaired because of a game crashing it... sry bigfish, that's just the truth.

This game truly is becoming more of a burden that an enjoyable pass time.... sigh!!

Edited on 07/19/2013 at 11:11:17 PM PST

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jul 20, 13 12:35 AM
I don`t know why the update works fine on some comps and not others.

I downloaded the new update yesterday and it works great on my desktop, it would seem that it is not the game/update itself, if it was, it wouldn`t work on anyone`s computer/laptop. Maybe the best thing is to do a complete reinstall, I did this yesterday and nothing has changed, my diamonds etc are still there. Hope it is the same for you sexxygamma.

i_love_autumn
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by i_love_autumn on Jul 20, 13 3:31 AM
FuzzbrainDribble wrote:Yeah, look, I'm sorry but that's rubbish. There are six hour amulets! You can't play this game for six hours straight. They worked on in-game time before.

Honestly, this just sounds like they can't be bothered (or don't know how) to fix it.

If that's the case, just tell us, but don't treat us like we're morons, please. You might be glad you know the answer but your answer does not make sense.

EDIT: I went into the shop and noticed you are still charging people diamonds for the six hour amulet. If you have decided not to fix the amulet problem then you really need to remove that amulet from the shop or stop charging people diamonds for it. Because you can't use it for six hours, and you are ripping off the people who pay money for diamonds by letting them think that they can!

WOW, so yet another update not worth installing!!!!!

[Post New]by cricri2603 on Jul 20, 13 3:53 AM
BigFish want better design, Elephant do better design.

We want problems fix, we get less and less answer to our question.

WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE LIST OF THE PROBLEMS FIX because the amulets are still counting down on pause or exit.

I am 47 years old, I am not a baby of 3 years old getting a christmas gift, putting away the toys and playing with the box.

There is a new hidden object game free to play, it is Found an updated working or you may play Found answer on the forum. Now I have more fun reading everything on the forum instead of playing the game.

Edited on 07/20/2013 at 3:54:09 AM PST

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Jul 20, 13 6:13 AM
the developers did a good job imho
Did not need to reinstall, just updated (Windows 7) and everything works fine.
Well, the amulets *lol* ... but since the only one I use regularly is the crystal owl, I don't worry about that.
Nice new barters (my favourite is Fence, who gives you diamonds and XP for sapphire pendants and collecting books) and the new locations do look great too
And new quests and bonus games ... they really worked hard

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Jul 20, 13 7:33 AM
I have to agree about the amulets. I have a happy palm. What am I supposed to do with it, for Pete's sake? You can run thru a full run of energy in less than 5 minutes if you've been playing this game for a while. And it takes an hour (even if you have a dragon) to get another 60 points of energy, unless you're willing to spend a lot of both virtual and real money to keep playing. Since I don't spend real money on virtual items, I have to wait the hour. On one of the two computers where I play the game, I MIGHT get some use of it, since I go back in several times per day. On the other one, however, I play once a day, use the energy I have and whatever I can get, and then don't play again until 24 hours later.
All that said, I like the new timed quest; the "locked" gift crate, and my favorite of the new floaters is the pirate cook. Hey, 200 points of energy is always useful.
It would be nice, however, if the new floaters used only things we don't trade for in the game. The wolf, for example, wants torches and flares. I use those as I get them, as a rule, to eliminate snowmen and vultures, so I wouldn't ordinarily have them available. Most of the others seem to take the plates, the skulls, the pendants, etc. that we don't use for trading. It would be nice to keep the new floaters to those items also. If the wolf is that ferocious, why doesn't it take some of those radiators?

suzy1985
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by suzy1985 on Jul 20, 13 10:19 AM
bfgDeveron and Moderator team,

I ask also, do you think we are stupid? The amulets have not always counted down in real time. I play in the morning with my coffee and have for several months. I can say from my experience that the Coin of Happiness, that has a hour of time associated with it, would count down in game time prior to June 27th update. I will agree that the Golden Dragon, with 100 minutes associated, counted down in real time.
I know and remember this because I would use it in my strategy. If there were days that I anticipated the opportunity to have time to play in the evening I would activate these two amulets. I would play my normal morning time and exit game. When I returned in the evening my energy would have an extra boost and the Dragon was expired. This is valuable to me, the player, since I now had extra energy without having to have my computer tied up with the game. I still however had all my remaining time on the Coin. This is valuable to me, the player, because I use every minute to double my coin.

It does not make sense for all amulets continue to count down in real time and not have their behavior restored to pre-June 27th. Any intelligent player who understands how they are counting down (and there are plenty of us who do) will not spend any coin, diamond, or real money to buy them if they are no longer valuable.

And I totally agree with ekstra2000, what good is the Happy Palm?

[Post New]by jayjayef on Jul 20, 13 10:32 AM
will these issues be addressed and fixed? or will you keep the game as is? don't want to play it if it stays the same. and the last update was enough for me. don't want to fry my laptop with this new update.

i_love_autumn
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by i_love_autumn on Jul 20, 13 12:12 PM
Looks like there will be no answer!

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jul 20, 13 12:27 PM
Popcorn making time I see.

I swear to God, BFG pulls this cr*p on purpose just to keep the crowd in an uproar. Same with changes to game manager, forums, game sites, pricing. They ask for input and then do whatever was planned in the first place.

Oh, bother.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jul 20, 13 12:28 PM
jayjayef wrote:will these issues be addressed and fixed? or will you keep the game as is? don't want to play it if it stays the same. and the last update was enough for me. don't want to fry my laptop with this new update.

In order for anything to be fixed, they would have to admit they have a problem. So far, no one is talking and the poor moderators are caught in the middle of it all.

journeys_
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by journeys_ on Jul 20, 13 12:33 PM
Wow. Unfortunately, I knew when I saw the update the forums would be blasting it. What Deveron is saying is that the amulets are real time. It is what it is. There seems to be a mean pack mentality about this. Let's jump on the messenger. No matter what it was doing, he explained what it IS doing. He's telling us what we asked him to find out: Are the amulets a bug or are they what they are now.

No matter what our age, we make a decision whether or not to play or continue to play this game. A free game is only free to us; someone has paid for what we get free. A lot of people have put in a lot of creative thought and hours worth of time to present this game. A little civility would go a long way.

What I would conclude if I knew nothing about BFG from these forums: BFG is a money-grubbing, selfish group of big mean people trying to take something away from a group of people they are entitled by some imagined "right" to have. Fortunately I know none of that is true, simply by historical experience. I have dealt with this company, who employs a lot of people and either designs or purchases quality games, for nearly a decade. Their tech support and customer service people offer prompt, friendly, knowledgeable service. I do not believe for an instant they are out to destroy the fun of helpless individual or steal your hard-earned money. It's a game. If they make a profit, good for them. Their profits mean they stay in business, their employees continue to be paid, and we get to choose whether we buy/use their product or not. Amazing to me that profits are only "obscene" when they aren't in our own pockets. Shame on us for our meanness.

If you don't like the game any more, hit the uninstall button and go find a game you like. This isn't a situation where you paid a company to design a game to your personal specifications. Either take it or leave it, but where is the kindness among people? Where is the gratitude? This world is getting ugly enough without extending it to complaining about something we didn't pay for.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Jul 20, 13 1:27 PM
journeys_ wrote: A free game is only free to us; someone has paid for what we get free. A lot of people have put in a lot of creative thought and hours worth of time to present this game.

You may not be aware of it but there are many, many people who have spent a lot of money on this game and do expect to get their concerns regarding function and design addressed.

I think everyone here also understands that it is not the moderators' fault that there are no answers to their questions. That is the problem, there are no answers.

eta: there they're their

Edited on 07/21/2013 at 4:29:11 PM PST

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Jul 20, 13 1:49 PM
I agree with journeys this game is free we all make our choices yes some aspects can be irritating my own nemesis is blue fairy wings did someone steal them all? but i made a decision early on not to go mad buying diamonds and never to buy coins and although i admit to spending a little more than i intended the amount of pleasure i have had playing this game outweighs the disadvantages i also play on I pad as well as pc and have never spent a penny on that and am not far behind my P C game im enjoying new island so far and when i dont enjoy it i will give up

Go to: