txmimi
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Road from magistrate to wooden path

[Post New]by txmimi on Jul 19, 13 8:57 PM
What is the secret to satisfying the quest to build a road connecting the magistrate building to the wooden road in the volcano crater? I've built a road, and it looks to me to be completely connected, but the quest doesn't go away. Is there a trick to this?

LAndersen
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Road from magistrate to wooden path

[Post New]by LAndersen on Jul 20, 13 1:30 AM
Hi txmimi

The only thing I can think of, is that that your road might not be completely connected. If some buildings are in the way of you "line of sight", it can be difficult to see if you have put down all the roadpieces. If some buildings block your view, try moving them.

Another thing could be if you have used the swamp draining tiles on the crater rifts - they do not count as road, and have to be paved over in order to do so.

Hope you'll find a solution.

Jinnare
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Jinnare on Jul 24, 13 4:54 PM
When I built the path, I had missed a section of road behind a building. I found that if you go into the menu where you pick a building that you want to build, then drag it over the existing buildings, they will disappear and you can see behind them. That way, I was able to see where I had missed the road section. Then you can right click and the new building won't be built, but then you know where you need to put down the rest of the road. Hope this isn't too confusing. Kind of hard to explain. Have fun!

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Jul 29, 13 2:25 AM
The square I missed was hidden by one of the magic obelisks. Turns out there was some junk back there the worker had to clear for me to put the road tile down.

If you've cleared the area between where you originally placed your Magistrate's Hall and the entry to the volcano caldera, then a real easy way to avoid the obelisk problem is to move the Hall over near the volcano entry, to the right of that pesky obelisk.

Go to: