Help!

[Post New]by mhelfand on Jul 19, 13 11:44 PM
If someone could either explain how to play this game, or tell me where the instructions are, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

markdoc
Confused in NY

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Help!

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 21, 13 12:10 AM
Welcome to the pond! If you have the show help box checked it will give you a screen before every board that explains what type of board it is and how to play it. Play style is always swap M3. Making larger matches gives you various bombs and powerups, but I can't remember what match patterns give you what at this point. The board styles are:

Break It-remove the number of specified colored jewels stated at the bottom of the game board
Clean It-match over all the solid color spaces to clear them all
Build It-fill in all the "shaded" areas with matches until they are all solid
Save It-remove all the chained jewels from the board
Navigator-move the block with the yellow circle into the brown square box
Combo Max -collect the stated number of jewels at the left within 20 moves
Time Traveler-make matches with the jewels labeled "+[number from 1-5]" until you have collected enough to reach the number stated in the time jewel goal and add some time to the timer if in timed mode
Balancing Act-remove the specified number of jewels stated at the bottom of the game board. These colors are also on the pair of test tubes at the left and matching these colors adds weight to that test tube. You must not allow either test tube to tip the scale all the way over to one side or the level is forfeited.
Out of Room-move the crystal jewel (it is a unique looking jewel) all the way down to the bottom while working around the stone blocks.
Double Bottom- clear all the solid tiles on the board using two matches over each one

[edited for descriptive errors earlier]

Edited on 07/21/2013 at 1:21:25 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jul 21, 13 12:13 AM
One thing that helps is to use the extra powerups tray at the bottom right. I am not totally sure how these bonus powerups charge up yet, but they will gradually light up as you go through a board, and clicking on a lit one causes one of those powerups to be added onto the board. I wasn't even aware that those were there for quite a while!

HarriL
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by HarriL on Aug 13, 13 9:25 AM
I understand the powerups are there but can only figure out what the first two mean...what is a FREE RIDE? thanks for any help.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 15, 13 6:34 PM
Hi HarriL, the free ride is the one that looks sort of like this << >> and if you drag it, it allows you to move any jewels that are not chained or fenced in by a grill anywhere (a match is not needed). This is extremely helpful on Navigator and Out of Room boards for moving the special token.

Go to: