babstoo
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Beast Scrolls

[Post New]by babstoo on Jul 21, 13 5:13 PM
The total should be 11, but I could only find 10. I even replayed the whole game and faithfully followed the strategy guide, but number 10 is on the book about the Lord and Lady and then there are no more.

Re:Beast Scrolls

[Post New]by blueeyedgirl1301 on Jul 21, 13 8:22 PM
I know! This is driving me crazy... I even read the ENTIRE strategy guide to see if I missed anything... please help anyone! I took so much time trying to get every achievement so I could get all 20 fresco parts for the mini puzzle at the end.

Is it in the bonus chapter? I'm on the very last scene in the regular game, but I don't want to finish yet in case I missed something and can go back for it.

When I read through the strategy guide for the bonus chapter, it DID mention picking up a scroll, but it doesn't say "11th bestiary scroll", it just says scroll, and then there's no more mention of it, so I don't know if it's just a read only scroll that goes into your diary or if it IS the 11th scroll. It seems unlikely since all the other achievements, including the hidden owls are all in the main game.

Babstoo, did you play the bonus chapter? If you did, then at least I'll know that scroll mentioned in the SG isn't the 11th "bestiary scroll" or else you wouldn't be asking. If you didn't play it yet, maybe it is? (Again, I find it doubtful, but here's to hoping!).

If anyone else has any info, can you please let us know!! Thanks in advance!!

Edited on 07/21/2013 at 8:55:22 PM PST

tweens63
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tweens63 on Jul 22, 13 2:29 PM
I've started replaying the game to see if I can figure it out. By the looks of it, your first bestiary scroll should be about the Dark Lord, but you don't seem to get credit for that one. The side-screen popped out when I collected the Banshee's scroll, and it said "2/11". So we're missing the Dark Lord scroll...hmmm. Let me continue and see...I thought I had clicked on all the pictures describing the rise of the Dark Lord, but I may have missed one. If I figure it out I'll let y'all know.

sillygrrl
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sillygrrl on Jul 22, 13 4:39 PM
There is a game glitch. Scroll # 6 should be Druids, but it does not register. Therefore, you can't get all the scrolls.

[Post New]by blueeyedgirl1301 on Jul 22, 13 6:20 PM
That stinks. Well, thanks for letting us know and thanks for the help everyone!

[Post New]by Dianamarieg81 on Jul 22, 13 6:30 PM
One of the scrolls (the 6th one) is not registering I posted in the technical issues thread to see if it will get fixed so far no answer but,
The order of the beast scrolls is as follows (P.S There will be spoilers)
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/
1) The first picture in the game- gives you the Dark Lord
2) By the door that you need to the glass cutter - Banshee
3) By the billows- Griffin
4) The evil dead book- Smoggles
5) By the Lions with the gate-Gargoyles
6) On the desk with the candle and the vase it's a book but it' is not registering right now-but it's the Druids anyhow
7) By the window next to the fire place-Imps
8) By the Skelton in front of the lake-Hydra's
9) By the anvil in the lava room- Ice Giants
10) By the crate by the frozen Lake- Dryads
11) In the room with the male and female statues- Lord Brendon and Lady Larkin

Hope that helps :-)

Edited on 07/22/2013 at 6:31:20 PM PST

[Post New]by blueeyedgirl1301 on Jul 22, 13 6:33 PM

Thanks, guys!

A few people said on one of the threads that the Druids were supposed to be one of the scrolls, but due to a game glitch, it doesn't register under the Diary or achievements. I think I know what they're talking about because there is a piece of paper by the Druid woman that it won't allow you to pick up.

Oh well.. it stinks, but is what it is. Thanks for the help though!

sillygrrl wrote:There is a game glitch. Scroll # 6 should be Druids, but it does not register. Therefore, you can't get all the scrolls.

tweens63
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tweens63 on Jul 22, 13 6:36 PM
Thanks, all! Hopefully we can get them to do a patch for this! It was the only achievement I couldn't get (and I was so darned proud of myself for finding 10 objects in 10 seconds, lol!)

Go to: