bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Evy: Magic Spheres

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 22, 13 12:35 AM
Hi everyone!

What do you think of Evy: Magic Spheres? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Evy: Magic Spheres page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Evy: Magic Spheres

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 22, 13 12:35 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Jul 22, 13 3:16 AM
Short Review: WOW! What an amazing game!

Long Review:

This is a marble popper with a difference. So even if you don't like them - give this one a try. Instead of trying to shoot the marbles as fast as possible you are playing against different opponents that have different skill levels. This makes it really fun and all strategy - set up your shot without setting up a better shot for them. Earn upgrades to improve your different skills - and you choose what to upgrade. There are two levels - easy and normal. In the "easy" levels I've played so far there was no timer so I could take as long as I wanted.

The graphics are beautiful, the story interesting and so far everything works really well.

[Post New]by CoordinationNOT on Jul 22, 13 3:49 AM
Janette5 gave a great review. This is a great game with a story line to match. Very refreshing!!

debzzzzy
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by debzzzzy on Jul 22, 13 11:08 AM
Hi Fishies

I totally agree with Coordination and Janette 5. A marble popping game with a difference. Graphics and story also are brilliant.

Thank you and developer.

Deb

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Jul 22, 13 11:37 AM
Cannot decide about this one. Story and conversations are as though it is a child's game, yet the gameplay is not. Found myself just wanting to play one more level, then one more. I am now out of demo time, yet still unsure. To buy or not to buy, that is the question. Certainly it is a while, since we have seen a good marble popper game. The graphics are certainly good, especially that of the characters seen so far.
I would just hope that the easy level continues to have no timer.

[Post New]by MarkAlan762 on Jul 22, 13 1:21 PM
Awesome spin on the Marble-Popper genre. It's a synthesis of Zuma and Puzzle Quest. It's not about having quick reflexes, but having a quick wit. You need to carefully plan your strategy if you are to defeat your opponents, especially in some of the later levels. So be sure to collect all the coins and upgrade with the proper power-ups. The graphics are colorful and beautiful, and the soundtrack is a pleasure. Only wish that there was an option for wide-screen.

Edited on 07/22/2013 at 1:23:07 PM PST

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Jul 22, 13 1:22 PM
Thank you for your great reviews - otherwise I would just have passed this without trying it.

It is truly a lot of fun

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jul 22, 13 3:24 PM
MarkAlan762 wrote:Awesome spin on the Marble-Popper genre. It's a synthesis of Zuma and Puzzle Quest. It's not about having quick reflexes, but having a quick wit. You need to carefully plan your strategy if you are to defeat your opponents, especially in some of the later levels. So be sure to collect all the coins and upgrade with the proper power-ups. The graphics are colorful and beautiful, and the soundtrack is a pleasure. Only wish that there was an option for wide-screen.

This sums up my feelings on this one, especially about no widescreen.
But I bought it because I love MPs.

(Welcome, MarkAlan762!)

Edited on 07/22/2013 at 3:25:58 PM PST

[Post New]by MarkAlan762 on Jul 22, 13 8:20 PM
cbtx wrote:(Welcome, MarkAlan762!)

Thank you, CBTX !

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jul 23, 13 3:43 AM
cbtx wrote:
MarkAlan762 wrote:Awesome spin on the Marble-Popper genre. It's a synthesis of Zuma and Puzzle Quest. It's not about having quick reflexes, but having a quick wit. You need to carefully plan your strategy if you are to defeat your opponents, especially in some of the later levels. So be sure to collect all the coins and upgrade with the proper power-ups. The graphics are colorful and beautiful, and the soundtrack is a pleasure. Only wish that there was an option for wide-screen.

This sums up my feelings on this one, especially about no widescreen.
But I bought it because I love MPs.

Ditto!!!!

(Welcome, MarkAlan762!)

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Jul 23, 13 5:01 AM
BEAUTIFUL scenery, cutesie characters, but not for me, I dont quite like marble popping games.

But worth a free stamp, upgrades are not difficult to get, just popped and accumulate, 100, 200 pts etc and go upgrade ur powers. Challenging esp for those dexterous of hands, coz there is the BIG (and I mean big) bad wolf and u have to win
Good pooing

[Post New]by wishbone44 on Jul 23, 13 11:39 AM
I love this game. Any game that kicks my brain into 'strategy mode' is too cool for words ... lol Much better than the usual marble poppers ... and I'm a marble popper fan, don't get me wrong. But THIS is awesome! More, please!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 23, 13 8:21 PM
This is a marble popper for people who can’t play marble poppers.

I have never been able to play this type of game because I can’t play fast enough. This game doesn’t have ongoing chain movement, except in two levels and those move slowly. It is a very good strategy game that gives you time to think about your moves. You have to outwit the bad guys using carefully places shots.

There are upgrades to earn as you play and you will really need them to match wits with the meanies. The game has a pretty good story, very nicely done scenes and interesting characters.

This is a very enjoyable change of pace for me. If you can’t play other marble poppers you might want to give this one a try, especially if you like logic strategy type games.

I played in Normal Mode. There is an Easy Mode.

Edited on 07/25/2013 at 9:44:38 AM PST

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jul 25, 13 7:36 AM

I discovered Puzzle Quest this year and am totally addicted. I'm playing Puzzle Quest 2 right now. I don't have any marble poppers, never played one more than a few minutes but I was thinking of getting the Luxor bundle pack because of all the good reviews and I'm sick of HOGs. Then this game came along and I read your review and had to try it. It just seems so different. It does give me a Puzzle Quest feel. It could use a few more directions in the beginning but I started on Normal so maybe when I buy it I will play it on Easy first, then I'll be able to play again on Normal. Good job, devs, you've just sold your game to someone who's never bought, or even played, a Marble Popper before

[Post New]by cocojambo13 on Jul 28, 13 10:21 AM
Nice and different Marble Popper. But way too short :-(

Hope, that they will made a second one

The levels are not difficould inough, I need only two tries to beat the witch...but very good game, nice graphics.

[Post New]by Chewie1802 on Aug 1, 13 6:24 AM
At the beginning it's a nice game. But at the end of the game it becomes obvious that the KI is cheating:
the opponents plan their shots not only for the two visible spheres but also for the third or fourth. And this destroys for me the whole fun of this game.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Aug 2, 13 12:14 PM
Chewie1802 wrote:At the beginning it's a nice game. But at the end of the game it becomes obvious that the KI is cheating:
the opponents plan their shots not only for the two visible spheres but also for the third or fourth. And this destroys for me the whole fun of this game.
I noticed that happening also. The opponent can "see" the spheres what are on the edges of the screen that we cannot see and they make moves according to what is in those hidden areas. This does detract from the game but overall I enjoyed the game play and the challenge. All of the levels can be completed if you have patience and luck!

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jul 17, 14 7:25 AM
Wow!! I read the reviews and everybody loved this game. I totally hated it. I hated being interrupted from play and having no sphere to shoot.. I guess I just don't get it.

[Post New]by jessespooky on Sep 2, 14 8:45 PM
Bought recently, playing off and on. Love really different match threes and bubbleshooters. And this is one. One of the few to have a story line and it is enjoyable.

Has a twist of the power ups not being the typical sort that show up randomly on the board or that you have to choose them here and there to be able to use them. You buy them and they stay usuable throughout the game without further clicking. They are now a part of you.

You have opponents. Not the typical solitary bubble shooter like Zuma. Each has their own power ups, strengths and weaknesses. This game includes strategy against those evil forces. Pay attention to what they have access to shoot, what they have in their shooter, and make moves that will stop them from making a match on their turn, all the while trying to use your own moves to defeat them.

Game is very replayable. I have gone back a few times here and there and replayed different levels. This can help with with collecting coins to buy power ups earlier than otherwise and can be a help when having problems with a particular opponent. If you get defeated, you can play the same level over and over if necessary, it will give you that option.

Graphics are bright, colorful, and clear.

They only problem I have with this game is that the story scenes are not skippable for replay. You have to click through them to get to the next play scene. Would be nice to have for further replay, but oh well. The play is worth it. And different each time.

4.75 stars from me. The quarter point off because of no skip button.

Go to: