bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

UPDATED PC version now available! July 22, 2013

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 22, 13 12:22 PM
Hi everyone,

Great news! A new PC version is available for Farm Up! This latest version fixes a bug that was causing Unlimited Energy bonuses to make in-game time jump forward. This new version also adds a number of new decor items and new plants, trees and bushes. The maximum level has also been increased to 55.

This latest version can be obtained by opening the Game Manager and accepting the update. You'll find that next to the name of the game.

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our Technical Support Team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Edited on 03/03/2017 at 1:43:57 PM PST

Sliponshoes
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

Re:UPDATED PC version now available! July 22, 2013

[Post New]by Sliponshoes on Jul 22, 13 12:53 PM
Hello BFG,

I'm going to ask a question that I suppose many people will be wondering about.

I'm just wondering, by uninstalling/reinstalling the game do we loose our progress or will our saved game file still be there? We can pick up where we left off?

Thanks,
Sliponshoes

**EDIT**

I went ahead and did it and it does save the game file. You pick up where you left off after the reinstall.

Edited on 07/22/2013 at 2:38:05 PM PST

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Jul 22, 13 1:42 PM
Yahoo!!!!
New quests!
I did the uninstall/reinstall. The only thing I would add to it, is do a restart of your computer after you reinstall.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 22, 13 2:22 PM
Hi Sliponshoes,

Thanks for asking about that. It was brought to my attention that this is a critical update, meaning that it will show up in your Game Manager and you can patch the update from within the Game Manager without reinstalling the game. That's the best way to receive this update. I've also edited my post above to reflect that information.

If you have any problems or questions, our Tech Support Team will be happy to help.

Enjoy!

bfgSeine

slycke1
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by slycke1 on Jul 22, 13 3:37 PM
Must be having a "senior moment." I went into Game Manager and checked the download queue, as well as Farm Up in the main games played section. I don't see the update. WHERE should I be looking??? Thanks.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 22, 13 3:42 PM
Hi slycke1,

The update should be visible in the main window of the Game Manager listing your games. Next to the Farm Up game, there should be a small icon that you can click. I believe there should also be a notification on the left side of the Game Manager in the menu area.

If nothing is showing up, you can get in touch with our Tech Support Team as well and they can offer some help with that.

Hopefully that helps,

bfgSeine

Sliponshoes
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by Sliponshoes on Jul 22, 13 4:03 PM
I simply chose the uninstall option from the game folder and then downloaded the Farm Up game again - it's the updated version. Hope this helps!

carlsb
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by carlsb on Jul 22, 13 4:33 PM
What if there is no "update" available? Usually when there is an update for a game it will show up as a little icon next to the game in Game Manager but I do not have one, what do I do?

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 22, 13 5:13 PM
Hi everyone,

Sometimes updates can take a bit of time to appear in the Game Manager, but you can manually check for them as well. Here are some steps to do that:

1. Open the Game Manager and click the "Options" button at the top.
2. Click the "Downloads" tab
3. On that tab, you'll find the top section listed as "Game Updates". Click the button that says "Manual"
4. Then, click the "Check for Updates" button. Text should appear that says you have an update available.
5. Click the button that says "Select Updates to Install" that appears to the right of that text and you'll be taken to a screen where you can check which updates to install. To do that, just click the check box to the left of the game and press "Install Updates".

If you'd like to go back to automatically checking for updates, remember to follow the steps above to check the box back to automatically check for updates when the Game Manager is launched.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

slycke1
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by slycke1 on Jul 22, 13 5:43 PM
Thanks for the "extended" info. Did--and game came up right where I'd left off, but with MANY more quests! Many thanks again

azenalyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by azenalyn on Jul 22, 13 7:28 PM
What a treat to find an update for this game. I was getting close to the end and was wondering what in the world I would be doing when that was done. Big Fish came through again!! Thank you, Thank you for giving us fishes more fun things to do.
You guys are the greatest.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Jul 23, 13 1:52 AM
not sure I should post this here but since it has to do with this update, I'll put it here.

With the new update installed, I noticed that the achievements now show 2 silver instead of 2 gold as your reward....I hope that is just a color error! I think it is because when I bought the ostrich, I hit one of my bird breeding achievements and I'm pretty sure I got my 2 gold coins...but it does show as silver on the achievements screen.
And thanks for the update! Love this game!

Sliponshoes
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by Sliponshoes on Jul 23, 13 4:38 AM
scpotamus wrote:not sure I should post this here but since it has to do with this update, I'll put it here.

With the new update installed, I noticed that the achievements now show 2 silver instead of 2 gold as your reward....I hope that is just a color error! I think it is because when I bought the ostrich, I hit one of my bird breeding achievements and I'm pretty sure I got my 2 gold coins...but it does show as silver on the achievements screen.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing, maybe this should be in the other discussion though, technical troubles and such...not sure.

[Post New]by cherylk66 on Jul 23, 13 5:55 AM
So very happy, happy, happy with this update! I haven't had a quest in over a month but still played daily hoping for something new! Just last night I had decided to remove it this morning from my game manager and stick with Found hidden object as my only daily game to play. Was glad to find an update and install and have all new quests, decorations and levels to play!

Thanks again Big Fish for exciting ways to play and the great informative forums!!!

Cheryl, Tearcyn's mom forever!!!!

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jul 23, 13 6:50 AM
Sliponshoes wrote:
scpotamus wrote:not sure I should post this here but since it has to do with this update, I'll put it here.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing, maybe this should be in the other discussion though, technical troubles and such...not sure.

Yeah. About that...

Other than that, a huge thanks from me too, you really are wonderful BFG people!
(It seems great except for the gold coins turning to silver all of a sudden...?!?)

[Post New]by OneSparklie on Jul 23, 13 8:35 AM
THANK YOU!!! It was perfect timing for me too.. I had just finished the last quest a few days ago and I wasn't sure how long this update was coming... thank you thank you.. I can continue the crazy addictiveness!

kim0530
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kim0530 on Jul 23, 13 8:51 AM
I have a question. Did you fix the problems from the first version? There are people who still having problems like going back to level 1. Just wondering before I get my hopes up.

[Post New]by tlmillsela on Jul 23, 13 11:53 AM
Loving the new upgrade!!!! Upgraded my lake and my bee hive. Gotta go, quests to complete and products to harvest!! Thanks BFG!!!

[Post New]by hire4u2000 on Jul 23, 13 12:38 PM
Was glad for the update the only thing is making flour got pushed back to level 30 still on level 29. but I had already unlocked it.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Jul 23, 13 2:19 PM
What a wonderful update! Thank you, BFG! This is sooooo wonderful!!!

Having a great time!

Go to: