Level 23 - the one with all the black spheres

[Post New]by Kerplunk22 on Jul 23, 13 12:48 AM
I am having a really difficult time on this level. I understand that the black spheres should not touch each other because they cause damage to your health, but for some reason I end up hurting myself with the black ones all the time, even when i pay really good attention to what I do. Maybe I don't understand the exact rules with the black ones? Also, this level seems never-ending. As soon as I am able to hurt my opponent, he makes a green combo and his health is restored back. Can I do anything better, or should I just be patient and play this looooong level over and over again?

andyy119
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Level 23 - the one with all the black spheres

[Post New]by andyy119 on Jul 23, 13 12:54 AM
The trick from what i can remember is to make sure there is always a different colour from the one your trying to match next to the black so you dont take damage.

Sorry for poor explanation, but hope it helps a little

[Post New]by cassiesmom1 on Jul 23, 13 8:04 AM
andy119 has it right. You mess up when you make a match of 3 and then there is no other color there so when you make the match the black ones now touch each other. I thought this level was nearly impossible and almost quit because your opponent starts out with double the points and then slaughters you very quickly whenever he hits the black ones. I also found that getting a lot of the blue defense matches mostly got me through this level. Get as many blue matches as you can as it decreases the huge number of points the opponent gets with his black spheres. Did you figure out that you can change the color of your ball with a right mouse click? I didn't know that at first and I think that made a big difference too.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 23, 13 4:16 PM
You can also go back to previous easier levels and replay them to get some more money to buy power ups. I bought the attack power up so that my attacks would match my opponent, then the level was much easier.

You just have to keep track of not making any matches with the black balls. It takes a while but it can be done especially if you have more power ups than your opponent.

Illusion
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Illusion on Jul 27, 13 3:37 PM
Sigh....I got this game because it was great fun (in the beginning) and presented a bit of a challenge. It's too bad that it becomes more and more difficult, to the point where you really decide to give up! What a shame.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 27, 13 4:38 PM
There are two modes for you to play the game, Normal and Easy. I never play marble popper games because I am old and don't have fast reflexes anymore. I played this one in Normal mode all the way through and really enjoyed it.

The longer you play the more difficult the levels get but if you think about the strategy of how to play to your strengths and disrupt your opponent's strengths then it is a lot of fun. I did have to play some of the levels between 50 to 61 multiple times to win them.

If some gamers find the Normal mode too difficult perhaps they should try the Easy mode and see if that is more enjoyable.

Edited on 07/27/2013 at 4:40:40 PM PST

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Jul 30, 13 9:11 AM
LizzieK wrote:You can also go back to previous easier levels and replay them to get some more money to buy power ups. I bought the attack power up so that my attacks would match my opponent, then the level was much easier.

You just have to keep track of not making any matches with the black balls. It takes a while but it can be done especially if you have more power ups than your opponent.

Thanks Lizzie, never thought of trying that, was getting so frustrated.

[Post New]by Kerplunk22 on Aug 8, 13 12:58 AM
Thank you everyone, for answering my question! I tried your tips and after repeating this level a million times i finally succeeded!

Go to: