bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Natural Threat 2

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 24, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Natural Threat 2 ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Natural Threat 2 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Natural Threat 2

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 24, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jul 24, 13 1:39 AM
It has been a while since we had a game from these developers and I really am a great fan of their work. This time we have a great SY-FI story where giant mutated palnts over-run a city and it is up to you to find your family and save the day.

Good solid graphics with great artwork. you have only 2 game modes to choose from and there is a tad too much hand holding with the black bar tips. A great HOPA game with many puzzles to solve, hidden object scenes that are way too junk-piled with some interaction involved and mini-games that were non-challenging but fun to play. My one gripe is that I found the HO scenes a bit too busy with some items that were barely visible that I actually had to use the hint button which. However some were also differnt and fun to play like decorating the birthday cake in the opening scenes. Mini games were relatively simple but fun and overall, a great entertaining game that will offer a couple of hours of fun to HOPA fans or beginners. Best news that its a SE and I can finally use some of those free game credits that have been piling up.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jul 24, 13 2:30 AM
Give It At Least 15 Minutes!

BASED ON FULL DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

INTENSE!

Some people are going to hate this game from the start. The intro cut scene is ominous and involves a child. But we get past that. It is very well done though, lovers of spooky movies will love it...

The opening interactions are also likely to put off a completely different set of people if they do not give the game a chance. At first, you may find the voiceover a bit annoying, the music DEFINITELY annoying and way too upbeat, and the whole atmosphere positively trite
For example, you first task is to decorate a very cutesy birthday cake for your daughter. After the intro and the threat it presented, it seems jarring. Then the scary stuff invades this happy scene, and you are back on a roller coaster of the emotions.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
I love graphics full of lush green tropical things, and they are here in abundance. The graphics are very clear, well drawn and eerie. It’s part photo-realism, part drawing. Done in a fashion that is pretty much out of style now, but done exceptionally well. This is, though, some of the best disaster art I’ve seen in a game.

They do interesting stuff with sound. The early cut scenes are very intense, and it is because the use of sound. The screams you hear sound like real screams. The acting is very good. And disturbing. There is little music after the first scene. It is all ambient sounds.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
Somehow, mutant plants have suddenly taken over the city. Your daughter and her father are somewhere in the city, and you take off after them. You meet other survivors and generally help where you can, while you search for them.

MAKING PROGRESS
The gameplay is straightforward and easy adventure. There are HO scenes with a list and a bit of interaction and you visit them twice. Not many puzzles, all of them easy, although with some nice twists. There is a journal, no map, and directional hint. I did not find the ‘getting around’ at all difficult, but it is fun.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
Give this game a chance, and I think it will hook you. It’s not an extravaganza, there’s no bling!, but it is out of the ordinary and fun.

I recommend this game!

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Jul 24, 13 4:06 AM
I was quickly drawn into this game as I liked the story line and the graphics. I am having difficulty with the HO scenes but, never-the-less, intend to persevere as I am hooked.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jul 24, 13 12:10 PM
Wow! Alls a War has given us a truly remarkable and playable game - well, at least to moi. This game is like the plant from "The Little Shop of Horrors" moving into Seymour's and Audrey's cute "little track home" in New Jersey. "Feed me Seymour," which is exactly what the plants are doing. Why do I like this game you may ask? The storyline is refreshing and a little funky. If you like playing slightly "unusual" games which deal with a worldwide environment out of control, then you will love this game. I like this game much better than Strange Discoveries (which also dealt with environmental concerns) which was the CE last week because it appeals to a more adult audience. Even my more "snooty" gamer coworkers (they build their own gaming computers) would play this. However, I am not that "awesome" and "cool" so I am on this site! I think the graphics look a little dated. In the beginning it seems that you are playing a kid's game with a little "Cindy Lou" having her birthday where you need to decorate the cake. I think the devs made a mistake here, because I almost deleted it because of the stupid "cake thing." I would suggest "wowing" your audience from the very beginning - and decorating a birthday cake just doesn't do it! However, plants devouring everything is rather awesome! The puzzle aspect and game interaction is very basic and simplistic. This is not a difficult game and does not look very long as well. Hope tomorrow's CE is as good as this. For once we have an excellent SE and I will use one of my "many" unused coupons to purchase this game. And.....Just the Fact, our little Koala bearito, thanks for the great review of the game! I really like your format. Since I don't live in Europe or Australia, and really don't have much time, I can easily see if I want this game or not very quickly. You guys always download them first because of the whole "time" thing. I think using the BOLD letter helps for some of us.

Edited on 07/24/2013 at 12:25:51 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 24, 13 1:01 PM
Afternoon all. This review is based on the demo only, with 15 minutes left to play when time ran out. Graphics are not too bad, but quite fuzzy in some places and old school. Music is okay, sound FX okay but few and far between. Definitely could benefit from the ability to "quickly" click through dialogue, rather than skipping.

HOGs are very simple, as are the games. Hint recovers quickly and is helpful, but you really don't need to use it...it's pretty much a no brainer kind of game. There is a lot of running back and forth for little things, so bring an extra pair of tennis shoes for this one. Definitely no extras here either.

This game was exceptionally simple, geared more toward a very young beginner. Find bug spray, chop up the plants, chop down the plant, save someone from a plant, the usual. Not at all scary. More on the silly side, which is not a bad thing. Unfortunately, I found this one to be somewhat boring and not challening at all for me. I only recommend this because I'm sure a beginner would find it quite fun, but no buy for me today either.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find htis one quite enjoyable and exactly what you are looking for today. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jul 24, 13 3:42 PM
I enjoyed this game and had good graphics and storyline was different. HOG's were fun and so were the puzzles. Nice to have a couple of SE's to choose from. Hints reloaded fast and will give this 3 out 5 stars..

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jul 26, 13 6:16 AM
OMG, what the heck happened to this game? The first one was so wonderful that I went ahead and used a coupon on this one. But what a mess this game is.
so disappointing.
graphics: ok, fiorst seem quite beautiful but the "feed me" varietyu of plants gets old fast. I think the developers saw "little house of horrors: and that was the end of any thinking.
too bad..I couldn't wait for the thing to finish.
kris

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Jul 27, 13 10:25 AM
Well, I liked this game to be honest. It was short & finished in just over 2 hours. The graphics were good.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Aug 2, 13 11:53 AM
By an odd coincidence I stumbled upon the Natural Threat games right after reading John Wyndham's classic novel THE DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS with its lethal plants. Looks like the developers have taken some of Wyndham's ideas (let's face it, it's a narrow genre and they went in a whole different direction with it anyway), and both games profit by it: they are spooky (I like 'em that way) and the mini games are not too taxing (I am not good at them so I like it when they are at least relatively easy). The storyline is not too intrusive; so many of these games overload the proceedings with chit chat and long cut scenes, which they seem to have avoided here quite nicely.

Altogether a fun gaming experience, and I like that both games are a good length.

xapa
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by xapa on Aug 2, 13 1:04 PM
I liked this game and I used a punch card coupon on it

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Oct 8, 13 6:33 AM

I did the trial period, got hooked, and bought the game. The first one in the series was very good and this was no disappointment either, most enjoyable.

Nice to play a game with a story that had a beginning, a middle, and an end.

The only thing I found extremely irksome was the little clock going round during some finds or during things to do. Rather irritating.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 21, 14 1:29 AM
I would not recommend this game for any child under the age of 9 or 10, as much of it is quite gory, i.e., a man being eaten by a plant, although you are able to save him by killing the plant with a gun.

The graphics are primitive and brightly colored, though, which does cut down on the terror factor somewhat.

Try it; you might like it.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jan 2, 15 4:13 PM
Don't buy it, you can't finish it without uninstall, re-install.

Go to: