Amoraluv
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Level up pens

[Post New]by Amoraluv on Jul 24, 13 5:44 PM
Do I have to level up each grade or can I jump from level five to level eight?
I have a level 5 chicken pen but it cost 45 gold coins to get a level 6. The lock is still on level 7 but I don't see a level requirement.

Edited on 07/24/2013 at 5:46:05 PM PST

LunyKimberly
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Level up pens

[Post New]by LunyKimberly on Jul 24, 13 7:32 PM
Yes you have to do each level, you can't skip. The six chicken/bird hen house unlocks at level 17, seven unlocks at 21, and eight unlocks at 27 (unless the recent update changed things). The 7 bird pen costs 60 gold coins and the 8 bird pen costs 100 gold coins (again unless the recent update changed things). So if you want the 7 bird pen it'll cost you a total of 105 gold coins (45 for lvl 6 and 60 for lvl 7).

If you don't want to pay the gold to update the pen (or don't have enough gold coins), the only real other option is to build a new one and upgrade it as far as you can using silver.

Amoraluv
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Amoraluv on Jul 24, 13 7:46 PM
that suxs
I guess I will wait to see what the update will do.

mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Jul 24, 13 8:10 PM
Why so many birds? If you are working on your bird achievements, it is the total number of birds you have ever purchased. You can sell them and they still count. Most things only give you a fraction of the purchase price when you sell them, but chicks cost 250 silver and hens sell for 270. You won't get rich growing chickens, but at least you won't go broke. During the early stages of the game I sold chickens as soon as they matured and laid eggs. I never owned more than one bird pen with three chickens and one goose or turkey at a time. I have completed the original game (but not the update) and had plenty of eggs.

Amoraluv
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Amoraluv on Jul 25, 13 4:03 AM
I was just using the chicken pen as an example, but this also applies to all the pens cause I need more sheep.

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Jul 25, 13 1:17 PM
So far with the update, I've not had many quests for wool. So, I would advise just taking your time and not building another sheep pen.

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Jul 26, 13 1:59 AM
Spoilers as to things being asked for in the new update. Highlight to read. One issue I have found with this new update is one of the farm updates we are asked to make is upgrading the cow pen up to a higher grade. Well I did that already and the update is not recognizing that I have previously done that. In the original edition, the game remembered if you had already purchased something even if you had later sold it prior to the update being asked for. Unfortunately this update does not remember so besides the cow pen that I am having to either delete the one I have & rebuild or start a 2nd, which is what I have chosen. Grandma also wants certain upgrades that costs gold and I have already purchased early in the game but again the upgraded game is not recognizing that I have already purchased.

As to the amount of sheep needed. I think the sheep needed varies for each player & if you are paying to buy more gold/ silver, you may not be working at trying to create the funds buy growing/ selling products. I suggest working some math to see which items will give I remember at least 2-3 requests in the first game for wool & already 1 request in the update incl quests for bulk wool & then the many items to make. I then also would make items to sell or have on hand in case it was an item needed for a quest. I felt I needed the 2nd pen though at times there were some goats in there in the beginning. Then back to all black to balance the amt of white wool I had built up, then used that supply up prior to the new update & now back to adding white sheep as well as having a wool request & various clothing items to create.

I did appreciate that now you can un-select the picking up of the crates. Where in the first game once you clicked that person was committed & now you can un-click to change the person in route or can just hold off so you can wait until many crates are completed & only use the 1 energy for how ever many orders are filled, which really helps when you need to be careful how you use your energy.

I just suggest that you find the most enjoyable combination of products that works with your time schedule for this game. What works for the person who only spends 20 min twice a day playing the game will not work for the person playing 2-3 hrs/ day & again that won't work for the players playing 8+ hr a day. Hope everyone find what works for them.

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Jul 26, 13 7:25 AM
Wow, are you saying that you can leave your crates THERE and they will just pile up???? I was thinking you had to remove the previous before the next came out!

LunyKimberly
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by LunyKimberly on Jul 27, 13 4:09 AM
Sapphirain wrote:Wow, are you saying that you can leave your crates THERE and they will just pile up???? I was thinking you had to remove the previous before the next came out!

Yeps. You can leave the crates there as long as you want. The only real "issue" is keeping track of how many of what product you've already made so that you know how many more you need to make for a quest (the factory will pull the ingredients needed from the barn but doesn't update the finished product count until you collect the crates).

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Jul 27, 13 6:52 AM
Very cool. Thank you for this! I've got three different pastry quests, so a lot of wheat growing which I'd rather use my energy on than picking up the flour. Whee!

Sliponshoes
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by Sliponshoes on Jul 27, 13 9:03 AM
Hello fellow farm up gamers!

I know I can find this out by selling a chicken and then looking at the pen's bird options but I was hoping to find out without selling a chicken...

Does anyone know what level the ostrich becomes available to purchase? I'll wait to sell the chicken until I know I can buy the Ostrich...

Thanks for the heads up!

**EDIT**

It's level 23 - I sold a chicken and looked it up. It's level 23 for anyone else who might want to know.

Edited on 07/27/2013 at 11:46:44 AM PST

nuttynuts
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by nuttynuts on Jul 28, 13 1:14 PM
chiari_survivor wrote:Spoilers as to things being asked for in the new update. Highlight to read. One issue I have found with this new update is one of the farm updates we are asked to make is upgrading the cow pen up to a higher grade. Well I did that already and the update is not recognizing that I have previously done that. In the original edition, the game remembered if you had already purchased something even if you had later sold it prior to the update being asked for. Unfortunately this update does not remember so besides the cow pen that I am having to either delete the one I have & rebuild or start a 2nd, which is what I have chosen. Grandma also wants certain upgrades that costs gold and I have already purchased early in the game but again the upgraded game is not recognizing that I have already purchased.

I had the exact same problem with the new cow-pen upgrade quest. I tried to build a second one to upgrade but I don't have space big enough for a 2nd pen. If I'm going to have the same problem with other quests that ask for things I've already completed, I don't want to continue playing. Any chance that another update might fix the problem?

Go to: