DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Informal Discussion and Comments for NIghtmare from the Deep: The Siren's Call Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 25, 13 1:26 AM
Hi there,
It seems just a few minutes ago that I posted the following elsewhere ...
It (this game) isn't mentioned as a possible game release for this week, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it pop up here sooner rather than later, as I suspect at lot of players will be very tempted to buy it from the dev's site. I have just finished playing the main game and it is FABULOUS. If you liked the first, you will love this one. An extremely worthy sequel. The "puzzle purists" will probably find the ones in the game too easy (but they were just right for me and not long and tedious - mostly fun actually, a couple of them were quite inventive.)
... and here it is along with a bundle sale for those of you who haven't played the delightful first instalment.
Others will go into more technical details, but I suspect that a greater percentage of those who Trial it will have to buy it (either as the CE version or try to wait for the SE).
Cheers

Re:Informal Discussion and Comments for NIghtmare from the Deep: The Siren's Call Collector's Edit

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 25, 13 3:40 AM
What a great game! Love it. I must stop playing, because I had something to eat.

Thanks devs and BF!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Informal Discussion and Comments for NIghtmare from the Deep: The Siren's Call Collector's Edit

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 25, 13 8:32 AM
Love everything about this game. Stunning graphics and scenery. The hos are fun and well done and so far not one after the other. I liked the last Nightmares from the deep but I like this one even better. Its the kind of game you can't wait to get back to so its an instant buy for me. Had me hook, line and sinker.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Jul 25, 13 1:13 PM
This one grabbed me within the first 10 minutes! Wow, what a truly great game. Instant buy! Love everything about it.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Jul 25, 13 1:25 PM
This game is fantastic! I enjoyed the first game, and I'm glad to see this is more of the same without being too similar.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jul 25, 13 4:17 PM
Hi Ozzie

Yes! I admit it - I couldn't resist the blandishments of the Devs, and bought it direct from them (the price was irresistible, lol)

And like the others, I am thoroughly enjoying the game, even the 'talking' scenes - I think they add a lot more depth to the story

Jen

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jul 25, 13 7:56 PM
Wow, I feel like the skeleton at the feast here, but I've completed the demo and haven't seen anything new at all. The achievements look interesting, the HOs can be ignored in favour of mahjong, and I usually do like morphing objects - but otherwise this is exactly like every other game I've played since Noah sailed. To top it off, after leaving the museum, the first item I have to look for is... wait for it... drum roll... a valve. And it was hidden in the most illogical place - in a coat pocket. Is no one allowed to make a game that doesn't include a valve? And can't objects be hidden in logical places? Same old junk, same old silliness.

The graphics are cartoony and fuzzy, the puzzles were about the easiest ones I've ever done, and the collectibles nearly come out and bite you they're so obvious. Even the morphing parrots just about blow a trumpet to announce their arrival.

Sadly this will not be a buy for me, not even in SE.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

Re:Informal Discussion and Comments for NIghtmare from the Deep: The Siren's Call Collector's Edi

[Post New]by laraly on Jul 26, 13 1:59 AM
Sprattie wrote:Wow, I feel like the skeleton at the feast here, but I've completed the demo and haven't seen anything new at all. The achievements look interesting, the HOs can be ignored in favour of mahjong, and I usually do like morphing objects - but otherwise this is exactly like every other game I've played since Noah sailed. To top it off, after leaving the museum, the first item I have to look for is... wait for it... drum roll... a valve. And it was hidden in the most illogical place - in a coat pocket. Is no one allowed to make a game that doesn't include a valve? And can't objects be hidden in logical places? Same old junk, same old silliness.

The graphics are cartoony and fuzzy, the puzzles were about the easiest ones I've ever done, and the collectibles nearly come out and bite you they're so obvious. Even the morphing parrots just about blow a trumpet to announce their arrival.

Sadly this will not be a buy for me, not even in SE.

Hahahaha..... (for not crying), I have the same feelings about this game, I don't know why, but I don't like it!

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Jul 27, 13 4:39 AM
I'm with Spratty on this one. I just did not like it. Tried to like it but it just never grabbed my attention. Going to give this one a go by.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Informal Discussion and Comments for NIghtmare from the Deep: The Siren's Call Collector's Edi

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 27, 13 9:02 AM
caput wrote:I'm with Spratty on this one. I just did not like it. Tried to like it but it just never grabbed my attention. Going to give this one a go by.

Me too. And I loved the first one. But the beginning was so similar. And I hated all the tendrils. And yes - kudos to the developers - there's loads to do. But it's a no from me.

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Aug 17, 13 1:40 PM
I did enjoy this game. Not quite as much as the 1st installment, but that one would have been very difficult to top.

I did not think the graphics were quite as good-seemed a bit fuzzy in some places.

I love ArtifexMundi games. So miss these developers feeling free to pop up in the forums . They were always so nice and were very attentive to their customers and seemed most appreciative of our patronage. Maybe that is an improvement we can hope for once the dust settles with the new forum.

Q

[Post New]by ArtifexMundi on Aug 23, 13 5:52 AM
Hello Qismet!

We are still here and still read all your comments, taking notes and appreciating all positive and negative reviews we get from you!

We are sorry to hear the Siren's Call is not as good the Cursed Heart, but perhaps we can still suprise you with yet another Nightmare from the Deep which will beat even the first installment?

Time will tell...

All the best,
Tomasz / Artifex Mundi Team

Go to: