Bluecassie37
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

Beating the witch

[Post New]by Bluecassie37 on Jul 25, 13 10:04 AM
Hi, I'm on the witch shack level (last level I think) and am getting killed. A lot. Anyone got any hints for winning this as she's cleaning the floor with me at the moment! I've maxed all the upgrades I can. The witch starts on twice my life points, is there any way to increase these further?

Audreyfavre
Herring
Herring
385 Posts

Beating the witch

[Post New]by Audreyfavre on Jul 25, 13 6:52 PM
Bluecassie37 wrote:Hi, I'm on the witch shack level (last level I think) and am getting killed. A lot. Anyone got any hints for winning this as she's cleaning the floor with me at the moment! I've maxed all the upgrades I can. The witch starts on twice my life points, is there any way to increase these further?

Bluecassie, I just beat the witch finally! The trick I found is to keep your blue and yellow shields up as often as you can. You have more of those powers than she does. So if you have a blue or yellow sphere, use it to make a match, instead of trying to beat her with your red spheres. Use the reds when you don't have any other choice, but protecting yourself from her with your shields is the way to win. Hope that helps!
Audrey

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Re:Beating the witch

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 25, 13 8:31 PM
I have posted two videos on youtube of winning level 61 and beating Sandra the witch. Each time you play the level it is different so these are just examples of how the level can be played.

On youtube search for Evy Magic Spheres level 61 walkthrough.

Audreyfavre is correct. The way to win this level is to keep your Blue shield and Yellow reflector percentages high. Try to be protected as much as you can.

Good luck!

All of the videos I am posting are in Normal mode not Easy mode.

Edited on 07/26/2013 at 10:21:38 PM PST

Bluecassie37
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Bluecassie37 on Jul 26, 13 5:51 AM
Thank you for the advice. Into battle........

Edited on 07/26/2013 at 5:51:33 AM PST

[Post New]by cassiesmom1 on Jul 26, 13 7:43 PM
Wow. I actually beat the witch on the first try with the things I learned on the previous few levels. In addition to always keeping your blue and yellow defenses up you have to carefully choose when to shoot the red ones and also, when you know you're not going to get another shot to block the opponents shots instead. Instead of saving up the purple power ups I would shoot the red whenever the opponent didn't have any defenses up. I'd try for a purple match first if I could but if not I just took the shot. If I saw that I wasn't going to be able to make any more matches I would place my remaining spheres to break up her next shots. You can see what colors her next two spheres are going to be so block up those colors. If you know you're not going to be able to match three of one color don't put your sphere next to that same color or she'll get the next match. Place your remaining sphere so that it breaks up her next shots. Also, if you're blue and yellow defenses are full or nearly full don't make any matches with that color as you're just wasting them. You can try to save one of your two remaining colors for your next shot but use the other ones to block her shots. If there are two red spheres remaining stick a different color sphere between them. Sometimes you can see that she's going to get the shot anyway but you can still break it up. If there are four of a color together place your other color in the middle so she'll only get a match of three but not five. Pay attention to whether it's necessary to block a shot or not. She might have two blue spheres but sometimes there were no blue spheres on screen for her to match so then try to block something else.

Go to: