bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jul 27, 13 12:29 AM
Stop a devastating war and save the man you love in Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye! A long-forgotten artifact has just resurfaced, and evil forces are racing to claim it. To make matters worse, the love of your life, Daniel, has somehow gotten himself mixed up in the mess. Now you must find Daniel and uncover the truth behind the legendary Cobra's Eye before the fate of the world is changed forever. Your destiny awaits you in this thrilling Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 27, 13 3:18 AM
Hi, all...

There are 6 chapters plus the bonus chapter.

There are 2 Difficulty modes.

In the "Options" section there is a button for "Maintain Aspect Ratio". Ticked or unticked, I only get full screen, not widescreen.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

Your Guide is at the left, and squeezed between your Journal and the Menu button.

Your Map is just below the Hint button at the right. The Map doesn't show you where you are, but shows you where actions are needed. It can also be used to jump.

The HOS are basic with a couple of interactive items (pull the curtain aside to see the object-type of interactive items).

The Hint button takes about 50 seconds to refill in Casual mode.

Puzzles can be skipped. The Skip button takes about a minute to fill in Casual mode.

--- --- ---

There are far too many cut scenes and dialogues for my taste. Also, you will get one of those magnifying glasses with which you then have to check out each scene to see if you can find hidden symbols. What a yawn...
Too many games have these now. It's bad enough that the latest Mystery Trackers" game has a "Mystical Lens", which you have to use on each scene to make sure you didn't overlook a hidden something or other. I certainly don't need yet another lens in this game just so I can find symbols. *yawns some more* Sorry about that...

However, I do like the graphics, and this is a very good HOG. It reminds me of the HOGs I used to play a year or so ago. Very nicely done. It just isn't CE material, IMO. There are no extras in the main game itself, and I wasn't really thrown off my chair with excitement. But still, a nice game, and worth getting the SE when it's out - maybe.

--- --- ---

Just wanted to add that I saw that quite a few people seem to have problems with this game - one way or another. I had no problems whatsoever. It played in full screen mode, and the cursor was not lagging (I used the custom cursor), neither did I encounter any other problems while playing the demo. (Using a Sony Vaio laptop with Win7, 64-bit).

Edited on 07/27/2013 at 6:47:27 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 27, 13 6:37 AM
I thought it had nice graphics but overall, I was just bored. A few years ago I might have been wowed by this but I have see so many great games at this point that it just does not interest me. I quit after about 10 min and that was at least 5 minutes beyond when I was ready to stop. There is nothing really wrong with it other than maybe a little too much chit-chat. This might be a good game for new players.

I played "casual". All the sparkles in each scene were nearly blinding. There is one in each spot where there is something to do, not just on the HO scenes. It was hard to get into the game because there were so many story interruptions and they did not interest me. After about the 3rd interruption I just wanted to move on. Sorry Devs, maybe you found this on a lost server or drive that you used a couple years ago and forgot about?

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 27, 13 9:33 AM
This game had the unfortunate luck to come out on the heels of Thursdays "great" game, and for me there is little comparison. The graphics are nice. There doesn't seem to be "a lot" of Hos. One I came across was nice and clear with items laid out so you could see them but the next Hos was more cluttered and junk pile. There were too many cut scenes. I sort of like looking for symbols through the magnifying glass. I didn't like this game at first but gave it a fair chance and liked it a little more after I got into the mansion, however not enough to get the CE, but probably the SE in order to use up ccs.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jul 27, 13 3:12 PM
In a nutshell - if a CE does not have the extras I look for (achievements, collectibles, morphs, good bonus game) then I am happy to wait for the SE or even a DD. In fact, judging by the tech issues this one appears to have I think I would wait for the *fixed version* (assuming there is one) anyway.............

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Jul 27, 13 3:39 PM
I agree with you read61.
I had wondered if I was being a bit harsh, I tried to see the whole demo out, hoping it would improve.it didn't.
With a ce, I love the extras, the collectables and the morphs, this really did not grab me at all.the story line is old, but as we have seen it does work, and we keep buying the same story and enjoying it! This game just didn't tick the boxes, and I even got up and made a cuppa, sure sign I'm not going to buy.if I am riveted to the chair and disappointed when the demo ends its a buy, this one was just disappointing.
The graphics were clear, the games very old school, and who the heck did her make up? Tammy Faye Bakker?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 27, 13 7:20 PM
flowerchild44 wrote:<snipped>and who the heck did her make up? Tammy Faye Bakker?<snipped>

LOL The name wasn't familiar to me, but when I looked it up online, I recognised "the face" immediately.

And funny you should mention that... I too thought that the face of the woman in this game looked overly made up, and also thought that she doesn't look like she was going to age well. hehehe...

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jul 27, 13 11:40 PM
Hi there,
No technical problems for me either.
However, I would have dearly liked an interractive map especially at the end >whilst collecting the flowers<
Cheers

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Jul 27, 13 11:54 PM
Valdy wrote:
flowerchild44 wrote:<snipped>and who the heck did her make up? Tammy Faye Bakker?<snipped>

LOL The name wasn't familiar to me, but when I looked it up online, I recognised "the face" immediately.

And funny you should mention that... I too thought that the face of the woman in this game looked overly made up, and also thought that she doesn't look like she was going to age well. hehehe...

LOL, are we bad ??

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jul 30, 13 3:47 AM
I thought the bonus chapter was a million time better than the main story. The HOs were much brighter and not so cluttered, but there were a lot of them. Plus the graphics were so much more cheerful, It was almost like a different Dev had produced it. Quite amazing.

Linda

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jul 30, 13 5:34 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there,
No technical problems for me either.
However, I would have dearly liked an interractive map especially at the end >whilst collecting the flowers<
Cheers

I have only played the demo, but I did have an interactive map (lower right corner of the screen, if I remember correctly).

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Sep 6, 13 10:19 AM
I have only just started playing this game and don't know who this Tammy person is. I'm from the UK so she is obviously American.
I personally thought she looked like Stanna Katic (Kate Beckett) from Castle in certain scenes. Just my opinion...

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Sep 18, 13 6:54 AM
I also thought she looked like Stana Katic.

Go to: