bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 27, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Post any Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by scrollingmama on Jul 27, 13 1:11 AM
I found the demo painfully slow to play, as in the curser moved very slowly and actions were very slow as well

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Re:Post any Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jul 27, 13 1:13 AM
I am unable to install, I have shot off virus program but it has failed twice. Perhaps the new game Manager?

Edited on 07/27/2013 at 1:13:23 AM PST

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Jul 27, 13 1:17 AM
Would not install for me either. Tried another game and that one installed fine. Uninstalled and reinstalled game manager but still no luck.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Jul 27, 13 1:23 AM
Have tried 3 times. Just get installation failed message

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Jul 27, 13 1:25 AM
wont install for me either ??

annari24
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by annari24 on Jul 27, 13 1:28 AM
I installed it just fine, but I have trouble controlling my mouse, it flies around the screen

[Post New]by ZippyDoo51 on Jul 27, 13 1:57 AM
Tried to download game then had to give permission to down download stub started to download program half way through said there was an error and was told to abort now have no game manager as it was only half way through the download, I am thinking problems with installation of new game manager. Have tried many fixes but to no avail. Help!!!

annedelny
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by annedelny on Jul 27, 13 1:58 AM
sandyterryb wrote:Would not install for me either. Tried another game and that one installed fine. Uninstalled and reinstalled game manager but still no luck.

Yes, the same thing happened to me. I also tried installing another game and it was fine. I followed the help instructions for Error code 766 as the Game Manager said that was the problem, but no luck.

Meredene
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Meredene on Jul 27, 13 2:24 AM

I've had Error Code 5. I can't see any instructions relevant to that Code.

manticore
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by manticore on Jul 27, 13 2:48 AM
Installation failed - error code 766 Will have another try.....

Sheila155
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Sheila155 on Jul 27, 13 3:07 AM
Installation fails for me too. When I click for more info, it says my trial has ended. If I then click install from the queue, I get error code 766. I have uninstalled/reinstalled and just get the same problem

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Jul 27, 13 3:12 AM
Nope, still no luck, obviously there is a serious problem with either the game or the new game manager. Oh well there goes the week-end

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Jul 27, 13 3:24 AM
This game run only with 100% font display, which has to be created manually. Can the company change it to automatic change? (full screen, W7)

Edited on 07/27/2013 at 3:25:30 AM PST

majageorg
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by majageorg on Jul 27, 13 3:58 AM
Had no problems at all....

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jul 27, 13 4:01 AM
unable to install at all. Tried twice and got the grey "unable to install" and when I went back to the downlad page, I had used the 60 minutes already.. which is hardly possible.
Something is sorely wrong with this game.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Jul 27, 13 5:01 AM
wouldnt install on my XP computer but would on my dad`s laptop windows 7 ???? both have the new GM installed, any bfg peeps out there to offer any help ????

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by desandnrs on Jul 27, 13 5:22 AM
I also got the message Error 766. I am going to try again and see what happens.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 27, 13 5:24 AM
I had no problems on my PC either (Win7 desktop), but the new GM-app was downloaded earlier already. Every SW programmer tells you that it is not recommended to combine such things (like a program update and a game DL), wonder why BFG seemed to hope it would work on this huge amount of different computers.
Anyway, until the BFG Mods come by, and if anyone wants to try that, here's the link to BFG's Help page to uninstall/install the new GM-app alone:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1634/related/1

When that works, you can try to re-DL the game.
Start that download anew also, esp. if it told you that your trial has expired.

crispypot, the only thing I can think of for your question is: did you check the system requirements on the game DL page for your XP computer?
(I had to switch from XP to Win7 last year, and it surely made a difference.)

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jul 27, 13 5:54 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:This game run only with 100% font display, which has to be created manually. Can the company change it to automatic change? (full screen, W7)

I downloaded and installed the game on 3 different computers. A Windows 8 computer desktop, a Windows 7 desktop, and a Windows 7 laptop. All downloaded and installed the game manager just fine in fact on my Windows 8 comp it uninstalled and reinstalled the new manager and the game (full version) in under 5 minutes. My 8 comp does have 12 gigs of memory, 1 terabyte of hard drive and duel graphic cards and monitors. The game on 3 comps runs beautifully. So no problems here. And I never had a problem with black bars.

Edited on 07/27/2013 at 5:57:38 AM PST

Go to: