A little confused, perhaps someone can clarify

[Post New]by Smashedpumpkin on Jul 27, 13 10:17 PM
It seems a lot of posts were deleted, but it seems somewhere it said that we are required to be online in order to play Found, and if we go offline we are "violating" our terms?

I play on both computer and on my iPad. My iPad isn't 3G, it's first generation, and I use wifi. I don't always have access to wifi say, when I'm at work, or camping etc. am I only allowed to play when I'm at home, or do the powers that be feel I should delete the game altogether with such an unstable system?

I'd like the rules stated clearly.

arids
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

Re:A little confused, perhaps someone can clarify

[Post New]by arids on Jul 27, 13 11:53 PM
Me too - what's the story? If it's a game downloaded to your PC (or other device) then you should be able to play whenever? I've seen people's comments about not being allowed to play when not connected to the internet - what? I must have missed something... Can the moderators please clarify?

[Post New]by FuzzbrainDribble on Jul 28, 13 12:03 AM
Actually I'd like that clarified too because I think, bfg, that you might have opened a can of worms here.

Out of respect for your wishes that we not violate the terms of service I won't repeat the reasons that I and other players went offline to play the game.

But the fact remains, surely if we have downloaded a game and installed it onto our computers, it follows that we should then be able to play it on that computer how we want - online or offline? And, um, stability of the game shouldn't really come into this issue, as smashedpumpkin pointed out, not all computers or ipads are always online.

Could you clarify how we are supposed to play Found, or was the violation the fact that we spoke about the reasons we were playing offline in the forum?

Thanks.

Edited on 07/28/2013 at 12:10:05 AM PST

Laurafj
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by Laurafj on Jul 28, 13 12:22 AM
FuzzbrainDribble wrote:or was the violation the fact that we spoke about the reasons we were playing offline in the forum?

Thanks.

Bingo!

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

Re:iA little confused, perhaps someone can clarify

[Post New]by karatopa on Jul 28, 13 3:58 AM
I also play on I pad when away from home and did not know I was doing anything wrong sometimes you just dont have internet on holiday im also intrigued to know how elephant games could know if we are playing off line i havent tried going off line on my PC but befor we got new router internet was always dropping out and i still played are you saying its only this free game! and i think if your buying diamonds as i have its not so free, or all your games thanks in anticipation

Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on Jul 28, 13 4:11 AM
I just tried to play without internet connection and I can play this game. But I can only play as an administator since the update before this update. I am playing on a PC with Windows 7, 64 bit. When I play with a normal user account, the game freeze when I am not connect to the internet and don't start when I am connected.
When I play without internet connection I don't get the popup to buy something on sale.
I don't know about how it is on iPad or iPhone.

Laurafj
Guppy
Guppy
174 Posts

[Post New]by Laurafj on Jul 28, 13 9:25 AM
Of course we can play without an internet connection, to think that we can't is nonsense. Like any game some functionality may be affected without the connection but that is all. What started this whole line of thought was a player who accidentally discovered a 'cheat' when offline and posted about it.

gmaw50
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by gmaw50 on Jul 28, 13 1:41 PM
Is this all Big Fish games or just Found? I do not usually buy a game that says that because one I do play offline and two it makes me think they want to track me. I guess the next update will have a file to prevent offline play. Then I will take my money elsewhere. I do have A LOT of big fish games but I can stop buying from Big Fish and Elephant games.

jazz905
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
443 Posts

[Post New]by jazz905 on Jul 28, 13 7:22 PM
Before I open this game it very clearly states 'you own this game'. Ok then I can make that choice if I play on or offline because I own this game. Sorry devs/bfg but you cannot dictate when we can play this game. I love the game and have spent a fair amount of real money on it. Initially I did recommend it to my friends and a few have installed it but now I have stopped recommending it to anyone. WHY? I think that so many people are now so unhappy with what is happening or not happening. Lack of communication is the biggy for me. If you make a major change or change then you have to tell us, the players. Remember devs/bfg that we are the people spending the real money and I for one will not be spending another Baht on the game and I can only guess that many, many more people will be thinking the same. I live in Thailand and my internet can go down for days and you are now telling me that when that happens I cannot play? I understand that you want the real money coming in, hey nobody likes to work for free and that's why I spent money on the game. You have to think seriously about the future of this game because if you keep on making those changes without telling us then players are going to stop playing. At the end of the day you guys lose out not us. I also do not like the fact that you are removing/banning people from the forum. Sorry but if you are going to make changes then expect that people will complain so get used to it! People will always find a 'cheat', so get used to that as well. I have bought many, many bfg games but not sure if I will in the future.

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Jul 28, 13 7:35 PM
~jazz915...you are so spot on....please , please hear us!!!

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Jul 28, 13 9:53 PM
On my laptop, I've NEVER played online. The only time my laptop is connected to the internet is when I'm downloading games. Period. I haven't had any issues with playing FOUND w/out being connected. (And I'm still paying the 'old' prices for banishing/bartering, even though I've got the latest update.)

[Post New]by FuzzbrainDribble on Jul 28, 13 10:45 PM
Yup, those worms are really out of the can now.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jul 29, 13 11:44 AM
Hi everyone,

I'll do my best to clarify a bit about this, since I can certainly understand the confusion.

First, we know that being online at all times isn't practical, nor do we expect that you be required to do so. Playing the game offline is not a violation of any rules or the Terms of Use. However, intentionally playing the game offline in order to circumvent a feature or update is.

The posts that were removed in regards to that were edited because they promoted an exploit that goes against two points in our Terms of Use mentioning circumventing features and cheating.

I hope that helps a bit, and we apologize for any confusion caused regarding the update.

bfgSeine

arids
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by arids on Jul 29, 13 12:31 PM
Thanks bfgSeine, that clears it up nicely.

[Post New]by Accordeonfreak on Jul 29, 13 2:30 PM
Well call me stupid, maybe I am a bit slow, but I still don't get it.

I can totally follow what bfgSeine said if the price increases had been done in the update we downloaded. But that was not the case. They came on a couple of days later and we did not have to do an update or click on anything to get that. So to make a suggestion how to get the exact features (i.c. prices and rewards) of the version we originally downloaded back, I myself would not call that circumventing features nor cheating.

It's a bit like getting a car from a dealer (for free of wich I am thankfull) and the dealer (who accidentaly also has a gasstation) comes over a few days later and alters the car that stands in my driveway so it will take more petrol...

Well like I said, maybe I got it all wrong here.

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Jul 29, 13 2:42 PM
~Accordeonfreak...I think the word alot of fishies had floating in thier minds was 'underhanded'. It just felt sneaky the way it was presented to us. Like you said, had it come with a download, and like the amulet situation, we were just told to deal with it as that's the way it is now. I don't think things would of got so out of hand...just my 2c

[Post New]by Accordeonfreak on Jul 29, 13 3:02 PM
Exactly, the new prices were NOT part of the last update!

If they had been, well I would have moaned a couple of times about it, but that's it. And if they had been part of the update, it still would have been nice we were informed about it before downloading that this was part of the changes, so I had a choice. But this felt if I was cheated.

[Post New]by Accordeonfreak on Jul 29, 13 3:43 PM
As a reminder, the latest update of Found was of July 19th (first item by BFG on this forum). Prices went suddenly up on the 25th of July...

[Post New]by FuzzbrainDribble on Jul 29, 13 5:34 PM
Well said, Accordeonfreak!

jazz905
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
443 Posts

[Post New]by jazz905 on Jul 29, 13 6:05 PM
Thanks for the info bfgSeine but this should have been explained to us days ago! I would call this backtracking, saying one thing and then another to cover one's back because one knows they are wrong. BFG/devs I am ashamed of you!! In future, if you are making major changes please inform us, that's all that we ask.

Go to: