What Are Other TM Games Similar to Moai: Build Your Dream?

[Post New]by GunnyBlueLives on Jul 28, 13 11:03 PM
I've heard mixed reviews on Moai. I just have to say that I LOVED, LOVED this game. I don't know what it was about it. I didn't even like the characters. I thought the hero was smug looking and that the natives were portrayed in a somewhat racist light. The more European (Bright Light) they looked the more likeable the characters were, etc.

But it was the actual game play I was addicted to. I played it twice in a row and I never do that. Have you played anything similar to this one?

charmedinc
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:What Are Other TM Games Similar to Moai: Build Your Dream?

[Post New]by charmedinc on Jul 29, 13 12:00 PM
There are several, you could try the two Royal Envoy's or the series My Kingdom for a princess, Kingdom Chronicles, Jack of all Tribes.. look for TM / Strategy...

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Aug 2, 13 9:22 AM
I agree with CharmedInc's recommendations, but here are a few more that are similar: Viking Tales, Viking Brothers & New Yankee in King Arthur's Court. I personally feel, that the developers of Moai have taken the best points of all the great TM games and combined them into one. Moai has become my favorite game since it was released.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 5, 14 6:45 AM
The Royal Envoys |
The Tiny Tale 2 if I remember correctly.
Also, Fable of Dwarves, (I think the title might say Dwarfs, again not sure about my memory on that)
The Beardless Wizard
Viking anything LOL, including Northern Tale games

This one is a bit old but I played the ever loving CRUD out of it & I tend to pick it up again every year or so: Forgotten Lands: First Colony

Out of all of them, the ONLY single one that I'd stay (far, far) away from was something with Jack in the title I cant exactly remember. (It was so bad that I blocked it out LOL)

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jul 23, 14 10:53 PM
OMG. I just did the weirdest thing. I read the reply by someone & I came to comment how much I agree with everything he or she said.
Accidentally hit back on my browser & I guess it didn't submit.
Well... I went to go try again & saw that the comment that I agreed with so much was written by (ahem) ME.

jackidance
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jackidance on Dec 25, 14 11:57 AM
That is just so cool. At least you still agree with yourself! LOL - best ever.

And yes, I agree the Royal Envoys are fun. But the best PC game I have ever played is TOTEM TRIBE GOLD. I played this game at least 75 times, maybe even more. BFG does not have it, they only have Totem Tribe and that is about 1/2 as good as the GOLD version. You can get it from the mfg.
Don't buy into their Jotun game though it is totally off the grid and unless you want to spend eons of time trying to learn it, it just isn't worth it.
I also liked My Tribe and played that a lot - Flower Shop-Big City Break. I keep going back to a lot when I get bored with plain games like this one.
There are so many! If you have a lot of patience the Virtual Villagers series are great. I play two or three of them at the same time cause they take so long to build stuff.
Have fun!

Go to: