bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Skeleton Pirates technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 29, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Suziewife
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

The specified mode is not supported by this device

[Post New]by Suziewife on Jul 29, 13 2:42 AM
I have downloaded this game but when I press 'play' this is the message I get. Can you help please?

Suziewife
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

The specified mode is not supported by this device - part two

[Post New]by Suziewife on Jul 29, 13 2:46 AM
To follow on from my previous request - my system is now frozen and won't let me play any other games because it says that there is already a game playing.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post any Skeleton Pirates technical issues here only

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 29, 13 6:24 AM
Hi Suziewife...

The reason that the message "there is already a game playing" comes up is because you already clicked on the "Play" button.

What you should do is restart your computer and then click on the game again. That should do the trick. I got that a couple of times with games myself that they wouldn't come up when I pressed the "Play" button, and had to restart the computer so I could use the Game Manager again.

Hope this helps.

Edited on 07/29/2013 at 6:35:14 AM PST

[Post New]by butterfly3943 on Jul 29, 13 6:51 AM
The game really slows down and it's hard to move the cursor when there is a lot of skeletons on the screen and also when it is raining. In fact, you can't control the cursor at all.

Suziewife
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Suziewife on Jul 29, 13 7:39 AM
Thanks, Valdy, for your reply but I'm afraid that it does not help.
I have checked that all my drivers are up to date.
I have over 200 games and have never had this problem before.
I have made sure that I only press the 'play' button once.
Each time I try and it wont play I have to shut down my computer to enable me to play another game and I don't think that this is acceptable.

Suziewife
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Suziewife on Jul 29, 13 8:10 AM
To continue this saga - I decided to uninstall the game and reload.

When it reloaded it told me that I only had 32 minutes left!

Are there any technical people out there who might be able to help?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 29, 13 5:21 PM
Suziewife wrote:To continue this saga - I decided to uninstall the game and reload.

When it reloaded it told me that I only had 32 minutes left!

Are there any technical people out there who might be able to help?

Hi Suziewife

The reason that you only have 32 minutes left of the demo is because the game obviously did ran after you pressed the "Play" button. It just didn't show up. As I said, the same happened to me with a couple of games in the past. It's annoying, to say the least.

If I were you, I would contact Customer Services (green envelope at the right), and tell them about it.

Good luck.

Valdy

decathmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by decathmom on Jul 29, 13 7:32 PM
butterfly3943 wrote:The game really slows down and it's hard to move the cursor when there is a lot of skeletons on the screen and also when it is raining. In fact, you can't control the cursor at all.

I'm having the same problem. It starts around level 2:3 or 2:4.

[Post New]by debz35 on Jul 30, 13 12:40 AM
decathmom wrote:
butterfly3943 wrote:The game really slows down and it's hard to move the cursor when there is a lot of skeletons on the screen and also when it is raining. In fact, you can't control the cursor at all.

I'm having the same problem too becomes unplayable

Edited on 07/30/2013 at 2:55:20 AM PST

[Post New]by butterfly3943 on Jul 30, 13 5:34 AM
I agree. This could be a really cool game, but when the games starts freezing, the cursor uncontrollable, everything skipping all over the screen, it just makes me want to throw my computer.

FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!

ruafox2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ruafox2 on Jul 30, 13 7:01 AM
I'm having the same cursor lagging issues when the screen gets too busy. Makes it almost impossible to complete a level successfully. I know my drivers etc. are up to date because I experienced the same issue with Rakes to Riches awhile back. I know the game is new but will there be an update soon to correct this? I already purchased the game and really enjoy playing it except for this issue.
Based on my experience playing other games, if the option were available to select a plain cursor, that might help. I have found that custom cursors seem to cause lagging and freezing at times and the first thing I do with most new games is deselect that option. This game does not give you a choice as far as cursor options go.

Edited on 07/30/2013 at 8:10:35 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 30, 13 11:32 AM
Hello all,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues in your games.

Suziewife, it sounds like the game is crashing when it's opening, which is why it's not showing up on your screen, but then won't let you play another game. I'd suggest running the game as an administrator to ensure that it has all of the permissions it needs to run correctly.

For those of you experiencing trouble with the game or your cursor lagging, I would suggest (if you haven't done this already), checking for relevant software and driver updates on your computers. This will help the game communicate a bit better with your systems.

If these instructions don't work, please contact our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can offer more specialized instructions to help sort this out.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by Clementine1 on Jul 30, 13 5:37 PM
I'm having the same problem as Suziewife - I get a sort of semi-crash on starting the game with the popup "Display change failed: the specified mode is not supported by this device." I can hear the music of the game, and an occasional hearty "yo ho ho," and the time for my free trial is being used up as the process runs, but there's no game visible.

I tried the fix suggested by bfgDeveron, running as an administrator, but it didn't work. The only difference is that whereas before, the game showed up in the processes in my task manager but not in the applications, now I can see an application called Skeleton Pirates in my task manager - but still no actual playable game.

You can stop the game from pseudo-semi-running by ending the process from your task manager - but that doesn't solve the problem. I've emailed tech support and no answer yet, but I'll post a fix if they ever get me one.

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Jul 30, 13 8:46 PM

I am having the same problem with this game. I don't have problems with any other game,and my computer is up to date on everything that could be causing it. I think it is a problem with the game itself. I opened a ticket on it this morning and am awaiting a reply. I hope they can fix this issue because I was really enjoying the game until that point.

8/2/13 I finally received a reply from BF on my ticket, and it seems that they are unaware of any problems like this and say currently the developer is not working on a patch to fix this issue! They gave me a credit for a new game, but what I would really like is to be able to play this one. I was really enjoying myself and am upset that it will not be fixed as of now. This fishy is not happy about this.

Edited on 08/02/2013 at 10:48:46 AM PST

Suziewife
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Suziewife on Aug 1, 13 2:05 AM
To let you all know - I contacted Customer Support and was helped by Darcie and we tried several things to enable me to play Skeleton Pirates but never managed to solve the problem.

Just appears to be an incompatibilty between the game and my computer.

I'm sad because I believe this game to be similar to Plants and Zombies which is one of my all time favourites.

Hey Ho, Happy Gaming!

booger69
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by booger69 on Aug 2, 13 12:37 AM
Same problem here. And I really love this game. Is there going to be a "repair patch" for lack of a better word, to fix this? Hope so.

[Post New]by coolshadi on Aug 2, 13 11:14 AM
Suziewife and booger69, what kind of systems do you have?

[Post New]by mattslamom on Aug 3, 13 8:26 PM
butterfly3943 wrote

"The game really slows down and it's hard to move the cursor when there is a lot of skeletons on the screen and also when it is raining. In fact, you can't control the cursor at all."

Same exact problem I am having, It started today around level 2.3. I can't even get the bombs to work and the curser becomes unusable. I decided to uninstall. It's not my drivers, this is a new laptop I'm using. Any help?

[Post New]by suemac55 on Aug 4, 13 1:42 AM
I am having problems on level 5-1 I kill all the pirates and the game wont end. I have exited to the main menu and I have restarted the level using a life but the same thing happened any ideas anyone

Go to: