Reviews for Laruaville

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Laruaville

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 30, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Laruaville? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Laruaville page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Laruaville

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 30, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

catlynn54
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by catlynn54 on Jul 30, 13 6:34 AM
I beta tested this game and found it to be a charming match 3 game, colorful and with clear graphics. I waited most impatiently for it to be released. Kudos to the devs for this one.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jul 30, 13 1:35 PM
Soooo CUTE and IMHO, not your same old same old, M3 game, this has a LOT of variety on the M3 game boards, which I found FUN and entertaining .
I also found the colorful and well done graphics, a nice surprise, usually they are not that well done in M3 games, these are very clear and easy on the eye's and I really like the choices these developers made on the game peices .
OMG...there are a lot of different power-ups, from stars to rockets and bombs, that help clear the way, so I never got stuck with no moves, the game play just flowed.
You have coins to collect, which you need to make matches, beside or on top of them, to collect them.
Also some of the coins have leaves, so you have to make matches to clear the leaves first, before you make more matches to actually collect them.
On one board, the coins were on fire, in order to cool them, you needed to make water drop matches beside them, once that was done, than you collect them by making matches with any of the game peices.
Some have keys that need to be taken down to the locks, there are obsticals in the way, so making matches of 4-6 peices, will give you the power-ups needed to do this, WOW there is just a LOT going on in this one, I can't explain things well, so if your a M3 fan like me, you owe it to yourself, to TRY IT .
After reading the reviews, I wasn't expecting much, SO glad I tried it, it is a buy for me .

Almost forgot, you also have mahjong puzzles inbetween, and H0 were you find a certain number of items, like keys, acorns etc.
And with the coins you earn, you get to build the town for the ghost, if you click on them they make sounds, mine said ouch..lol, didn't mean to hurt it..lol
I think the instructions really help in this one, so don't worry about learning how to play this one, they will tell you each step of the way, how to use each new item/power-up, you earn .

I am a HAPPY fishie today, we don't get many M3 games, and most of them we do get aren't my type, so THANKS to the developers, for making a well done game, the boards for me are just FUN, with a ton of variety, which keeps it exciting and a pleasure to play .

If your a M3 fan, don't miss out on this one, at least try it for yourself, and than decide .

[Post New]by 930147683 on Jul 30, 13 2:05 PM
I downloaded and installed this game and it acts normal until it says "click to start " it freezes. Even the ctr alt delete wont unfreeze it.
I have to unplug it . I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result.
any suggestions

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jul 30, 13 2:55 PM
Another child's game good thing I have CE to fall back on. You won't see even trying these - I dislike these type of games - they put me to sleep.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Jul 30, 13 4:57 PM

I usually really enjoy M3's and especially ones with building and other little side games included.

As others have pointed out;

Nice clear graphics.

Tutorial overkill.

Variety on the boards.

Sounds decent, right?

Just doesn't work for me.

Spinning coins are too much of a distraction.
Perhaps if they all spun all the time... but they just spin randomly, causing the eye to skip over to see what it is missing.

The coins don't travel down the board. This has a tendency to block moves that you would normally get.

I would almost be tempted to not call this a Match 3. Though, not sure what I would call it.

The purpose is not to make matches and match 3 or 4 or 5, but rather to make the connection next to the coins. Any other matches are really of no use. The scoring doesn't seem to have any purpose either. Only the coins matter.

The coins let you buy buildings for the ghosts. You are only allowed a few choices at a time, about 4 I believe, the others are locked.

So, you have maneuvered the board to knock down the coins and you choose which building you want to build... and it is placed where the game wants it, not where you want it. Then you start over again.

Like I said, this game just doesn't do it for me.

Angel

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jul 30, 13 5:58 PM
I really wanted to like this game................but...................I find it a little to random................really a no brainer just hope it matches...........you can't set up the board cause they don't fall (blocked by coins) so you have to hope match, match ,match. If you could buy or earn some, bombs, etc. then it would be more fun then, waiting for the board to match...........................NO BUY..............................I usually love match 3.....................I'LL SKIP THIS ONE..........................

ataloss
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by ataloss on Jul 31, 13 9:15 PM
A very, very cute game. Love it !!! Like the idea of 3 games in 1. Thanks BF.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Aug 1, 13 7:26 AM
I seldom really like M3, but this so much fun, things to buy, HOS, mahjong, and M3, with special powerups when u match 4, 5, etc.

Love it, can buy using free stamp or just buy it if u are m3 fans

[Post New]by CoordinationNOT on Aug 1, 13 7:53 AM
This is a very cute game. The OK button on the left is annoying because I have hit the replay button after finishing a level so many times. The levels DO get harder as you go. For the person that was stuck the game gives automatic refresh when you truly don't have any moves left.

It would have been better to see your town grow. You get 5 ghosts and you build this huge town. I'm sorry but to me that IS a ghost town. Nobody is there.

The mini puzzles are easy but I found them in the higher levels annoying because it is the same old same old.

It is a shame you can't pick the color of the town like some of the other M3 games
(ex. When you buy a building you can pick blue for coins, Yellow for more coins and red for the most coins.)

All in all I liked the game and bought it.

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Aug 2, 13 9:26 AM
Nice game, great graphics. No too easy, not to hard. Just right.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Aug 2, 13 4:25 PM
Let me preface this review - I used to be a die-hard hog/adventure fan, buying tons of games a month before my xp computer died, and I had to put my subscription to BFG on hold. For me, at 60 yoa, the learning curve from xp to 7 took a long time, but I recently renewed my subscription to BFG.

What happened to me? What happened to BFG? Hog/adventure games and CE's became so dark, I couldn't see a thing, say nothing about finding objects in a hog scene. A friend recommended Match-3's, of which I am now addicted to. Especially the ones that have towns/buildings/cities to restore and are untimed (a definite must).

This game appeared to have all the elements I was looking for - a little ghost town to restore (which is just a small perk, a little something extra you get for completing a board). I'm not too fond of cartoon characters, but gave this one a go.

NO TIMER: A plus
LITTLE TOWN TO RESTORE: A plus
GRAPHICS CLEAR: A plus

That's about it for the pluses for me.

WIDE SCREEN: Nope - and I do so dislike that. Come on, devs, how hard could it be to have your games come up and fill the whole screen? But in this game, it certainly wasn't necessary as the boards are sooooo small in size, so few tokens, you didn't miss it.

HELP SYSTEM? HAND HOLDING? I didn't see it, except for a pop up that appeared when a new power-up appeared on the board.

MINI-GAMES: At the level of a 2-year old.

POWER UPS: So many obstacles and powerups, I got lost. Sometimes you could move, for example, a bomb, by switching it to make a string, but very few instances of that. Most could not be moved

TILES: There was something about the tiles themselves - grapes, strawberries, Greek structures, that made no sense to me at all. And were hard to find as so many looked the same.

The play on the boards WAS different - always a good thing to be a little different. But as someone said earlier - you just had to hope and hope that a match would occur in the right place at the right time.

Maybe that was what turned me off - no control over anything on the boards. So sorry, a no buy for me. I'm back to Jewel Match II now for what I would say is a perfect Match-3.

Many good reviews here, so try it out for yourselves - it may be just what you're looking for!

Ferretjenny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Ferretjenny on Aug 5, 13 4:38 PM
Hey all!
I am wondering how to unlock the buildings? I have enough coins and ghosts are asking me to build more, but they're locked with a key so how do I open them?

FRHgames
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
433 Posts

[Post New]by FRHgames on Aug 5, 13 9:12 PM
Dear Ferretjenny,
Please check if you've built all available buildings. Sometimes, you can't build next object without building previous one. And, of course - if you have no rails, you can't launch a streetcar.
If you haven't build the big bridge, you can't build on the island - mine, smithy, etc.

Actually, Jannet is ask you to build if you have money and have 4 or more unlocked buildings.

However, if there's something strange, please reply with your level number and tell me which buildings you've built already, we will try to help you!

Thanks
FRH games

Laruaville: Fun but Arbitrary

[Post New]by rgb0829 on Aug 6, 13 6:30 AM
I just finished Laruaville, and I had a few thoughts that I wanted to get on record.

Savemejack complains about all the different kinds of blockages and how confusing they are (I'm paraphrasing). I have to agree there--some of them you have to match next to, some of them you have to match with, some can be blown up, some can only be blown up by certain powerups, etc. I understand the value of a variety of blockages, but they should be thematically related and nonredundant--any difference between the vines and the crates, for example? What about the stone blocks with pictures of bombs on them versus those with pictures of rockets on them?

The same applies to matching around/through special blocks: you can't switch anything with rockets or coins, you can't switch keys except vertically (makes sense in the context, but still), droplets act like any other matching tile, etc. I think that the same gameplay objectives could have been met with a more consistent approach.

The endgame was, quite frankly, abominable! I'd be cautious of spoilers, but there's nothing to spoil--I knew what the last level was because I'd read it in the forum here, but after playing it, I was led back to the regular town screen with no indication at all that I'd completed the last level. When I clicked the "play" button again, thinking that perhaps the highest level number given here was incorrect, I found myself taken into a level that turned out, when I looked at the top of the screen, to be Level 86. I then looked down to the middle of the screen to see the brief indication that I'd completed all of the match-3 levels.

In the vein of the endgame, I'll also add that I found the last bunch of match-3 levels pretty uneven--a common problem in games with lots of levels, by the time the devs get to the last 8 or 10, they've run out of good ideas that continue a sensible progression of complexity or difficulty.

Finally, there's what I would consider a pretty significant technical flaw in the HOG sections. On my netbook, several of the hidden objects in each of the hidden-object levels had a serious tell--the "overlay" rectangles for many of the hidden objects seemed to be almost highlighted at one or more edges. In some cases it would only be a small dark line below the object, but sometimes there would be a relatively bright right angle of two lines where a dark rectangle was overlaid on a dark background. I'm playing on a 10" netbook with 1024x600 native resolution.

Ferretjenny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by Ferretjenny on Aug 6, 13 7:41 AM
FRHgames wrote:Dear Ferretjenny,
Please check if you've built all available buildings. Sometimes, you can't build next object without building previous one. And, of course - if you have no rails, you can't launch a streetcar.
If you haven't build the big bridge, you can't build on the island - mine, smithy, etc.

Actually, Jannet is ask you to build if you have money and have 4 or more unlocked buildings.

However, if there's something strange, please reply with your level number and tell me which buildings you've built already, we will try to help you!

Thanks
FRH games

Thanks, I saw that there was one who not was built so after I had bought it I could locked up several keys. Had I open my eyes properly I would not have to ask, sorry but thanks anyway!

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Aug 7, 13 12:20 AM
Ok, other than the fact that the characters are cute (if thinking in terms of cartoony, clay-like features) and the soundtrack catchy, etc, etc... I can't help but be NOW utterly and entirely convinced without a shadow of a doubt that much of the world has gone utterly and completely INSANE!

"Help the ghosts build a town"!!?? REALLY!? THINK ABOUT IT!! Not only that, many are recommending it for CHILDREN!?

Ok, I'll try and remember CASPER... the friendly... and perhaps reserve a little restraint on totally throwing my hands up in exasperation.... haha, yet... we have truly crossed over to playing SO many undead-like game themes we may be at risk of becoming 'numb' as to what is healthy and 'real' and becoming dead-like ourselves!!

Well, hope those who buy it enjoy!!! (really, I do) but for me, I'm going back to some more realistic good TM games until we are offered better adventures (ha, I won't hold my breath... at least not until I see some cute shadowy figures knocking on my door to buy my house).

hellfern
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by hellfern on Aug 10, 13 8:41 AM
Thorougly enjoyable from beginning to end! Not too easy; not too hard. Good graphics. Loved it. The best Match 3 in a long time!

purusty
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by purusty on Aug 10, 13 4:01 PM
where are rules to play the game?

Go to: