bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Jennifer Wolf and the Mayan Relics

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 30, 13 12:43 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Jennifer Wolf and the Mayan Relics? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Jennifer Wolf and the Mayan Relics page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Jennifer Wolf and the Mayan Relics

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 30, 13 12:44 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jul 30, 13 8:51 AM
Jennifer and her Dad are archaeologist. Jen goes to Mexico to work with him and discovers he is missing. She finds out the news from dad's young, good looking male assistant.… TBC

Primarily a HO / Puzzle game. The game mechanics take quite a bit of getting used to -- something you might find not worth your time or energy. I know I didn't.

The graphics are colorful. The objects are not junk pile, they are hidden within full scenes. Some are tiny, but there is a close up feature.

There is a hint feature, but you can run out of hints and earn more by solving puzzles.

Some of the puzzles will test your brain, but the machinations required to use the tools will test your patience.

If you choose to demo this, it won't take long for you to find out exactly what I'm saying. I quit after trying to solve the first jade jigsaw puzzle.

cont.… Before Jen leaves for Mexico, it takes 2 HO scenes for her to pack. Once in Mexico, she uses a map to determine where to go (earn a hint for completing this simple task.) At the site, she offers to help the assistant with a few little things before they set off to look for dad. Six HO scenes later, she has dug up an ancient skeleton, collected samples including the poor fellow's teeth, hair, bits of cloth and a broken jade artifact. The assistant was of no help. Jen was tasked with piecing the artifact together.…

Games from this dev often feel like spoofs. Sometimes the stories can be rather interesting. This one offers some real information about Mayan culture, and the doomsday prophecy. Sometime the puzzles are rather clever. It's too bad the games are so unpleasant to play.

Did Jen find her dad? Was he kidnapped by Mayan believers? Did she have a torrid love affair with the assistant? I guess I'll never know. The only mystery I can answer -- dad's concern; the world did not end on Dec. 21, 2012.

shanyem
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shanyem on Aug 13, 13 12:12 AM
I will not bore you with a review of the storyline (not sure why reviewers do as it is in the synopsis posted with the game) let's just say...been there, done that SEVERAL times. Rather boring and poor quality in relation to other games recently released. No VO, static pictures. Items very small in HO areas even though there is an enlarger. I have to say that I am once again disappointed that a NON CE is not even worth using a free game code earned from buying CEs! Don't know about everyone else but I've actually had codes expired because of the poor quality of games able to be purchased with them! Anyway, I'm not getting this game either!

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Aug 13, 13 12:36 AM
If you are going to recycle games, can it at least be good popular ones please? This one was not good at all!!! But why is a game that has already come out once coming out again? Just wondering, I have not seen that before. Thank you!

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Aug 13, 13 1:04 AM
I have been a member 3 years and never seen them do this before. Make a game they already released Tomorrows Game Today. It was released pretty recently anyways and it wasnt good. They should have put it on the $2.99 Daily Deal and actually put a New game out on Tomorrows Game Today.

Edited on 08/13/2013 at 1:04:45 AM PST

[Post New]by dylansmom1979 on Aug 13, 13 1:07 AM
Didnt like it at all.

Edited on 08/13/2013 at 1:15:52 AM PST

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Aug 13, 13 5:03 AM
Sorry BF but this game is awful.

For one it is outdated,no voiceovers.Well i can handle that i guess.
The frist scene you come to you are told to answer phone,found that.
Then here comes your list to find,oh my goodiness you are kidding,the objects are so small you would be clicking for days at least with these old eyes and i have glasses.
I lasted just long enough for that and deleted,BAD BAD game.
What happened to Myths of Chinese Healers Se game.

KBEAR2045
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by KBEAR2045 on Aug 13, 13 7:35 AM
Yes, this game is very outdated. It is too linear for me. I usually play in Casual mode but there is a lot of hand holding for me. The graphics could have been better but what really blew it for me is the linear aspect of it. No moving around on your own and the "interactive inventory" is a joke. No sale here, not even as a DD. As some of the other fishies said, I would rather let my PCC expire than use one on this game.

pilimai729
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by pilimai729 on Aug 13, 13 12:33 PM
Why didn't someone say it's either an HdO or a version of one? I don't even like to play trials of those games. If it's not an HdO. it's a wannabe.

Edited on 08/13/2013 at 12:37:07 PM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Aug 13, 13 1:11 PM
One of the worst games ever produced! This is an old game which has been reintroduced. This dev has had some real bombs lately in the way of games. Geesh! How bad can it get with some of these games?

jgracinfan
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jgracinfan on Aug 15, 13 5:24 PM
Lasted less then 5 minutes.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Aug 6, 14 12:08 AM
Well, here it is again as a DD. Go figure......

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Aug 6, 14 4:10 AM
Frustrating mechanics, irritating music, objects too small to see. No sale.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Aug 6, 14 1:12 PM
LMAO. Worst game developer in the biz!

Go to: