gmaw50
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by gmaw50 on Apr 10, 15 12:10 PM
Second day that cannot connect to server. I have 2 games going and 1 of them I can connect half the time. It will connect and about 10 minutes later it pops up that it cannot connect to server. This happened at xmas also, so it seems they cannot keep up with the additional time people are spending at the game. This is why I will stop playing it. I had stopped playing for about 6 months and thought I would give it a try again to see if glitches were fixed and it worked good for a while. Then it started right after the xmas special, now with the Spring event, which I really love by the way just wish I could have played it.

LLarkspur
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by LLarkspur on Apr 10, 15 12:13 PM
Yep, here we go again.
I'm playing on two different computers, and both have the "cannot connect to server" message. Looks like I'll lose what I already accomplished today.
Lark

Lady_Qila
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Qila on Apr 10, 15 12:21 PM
I play Midnight Castle on my PC and my Kindle tablet. Neither one will connect to the game. I have concluded it's NOT my problem but I Midnight Castle problem. Why? Because both my PC and Kindle are able to use my WIFI with no problems. It's only Midnight Castle that won't connect. And all of my play online games and Bigfish are working just fine. SO... to anyone who is having this issue, it's THEM not US. OK?

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Apr 10, 15 12:31 PM
My game does not open as well - it tells me "server cannot connect". It's not a problem of my internet connection: two other FTP games (Boomzap) do open fine, but a fourth one (Wanderland) does not open as well. Perhaps a server problem?

[Post New]by cyndyv on Apr 10, 15 12:37 PM
Right in the middle of my game I have gotten the message cannot connect to server error. This has lasted several hours so far. HELP!! I'm afraid I might have lost everything I earned before error message started.

[Post New]by CleoAnneR on Apr 10, 15 12:41 PM
On my computer, iPad, and iPad Mini - I am getting the same error - "Unable to connect to the server" - I have checked and everything else is working. Just this game on all my systems. I have restarted and restarted and I am getting the same error.

KathGames
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Unable to Connect to Server Issue PART 2

[Post New]by KathGames on Apr 10, 15 12:47 PM
I am glad but sad at the same time to see that I am not the only one having this "Unable to Connect to Server" issue!

Glad because I know it's not a problem on my end!

Sad because so many people are having this same frustrating issue!

I purchased some diamonds today and so I hope once I can log back into the game, the diamonds will still be there!

The game crashed at an important moment when I was trying to get the achievement for collecting 100 butterflies within 60 minutes! (Well that went out the window!)

I have read from other forums that apparently this problem occurs when too many people are playing at the same time on the same server! Server overload might be the problem and so I assume (since I haven't heard from Big Fish Tech Support) that we will be able to get back in the game once some people log out! I know that any game servers have their limits on how many people can be on at one time but if that's the case, couldn't you offer more servers that we could choose from??

I believe that Midnight Castle is quite popular and must have a LOT of people using it which is great since I love it too but it would be nice to find a solution to this connection problem!

Thank you for your time! Hope this helped!

PS: I might as well take a nap and try to log back in later on!

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by frosteen on Apr 10, 15 12:54 PM
Others are having the same connection problem - see separate thread. Hope it is fixed soon. Love the game!

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Apr 10, 15 1:11 PM
severa hours now of "unable to connect to server" - maybe they closed it, to remove the spring quest?

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Apr 10, 15 1:28 PM
It is not just this game, I also play Antique Road Trip and I cannot access it either. I cannot access any of my BF games.Im getting the message about the server being down on everything!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Apr 10, 15 1:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to confirm that Midnight Castle is indeed temporarily down. However, our team is now working on the issue and we hope to have it back up as soon as possible.

We'll be updating the following thread with any new information:

Midnight Castle PC and iOS TEMPORARILY down - Friday, April 10, 2015

Thank you for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by roxann55 on Apr 10, 15 3:46 PM
I have been playing for a while and have never had the tournament clock come up in the lobby. All it ever says is "Tournament Over" so I've never been able to participate. I am at level 26. What to do?

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Apr 10, 15 5:41 PM
Have not been able to collect any diamonds for the last two hours of play. See,s like they stopped dropping after the yesterday after I had the "midnightcastle.exe" .

mistybear
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mistybear on Apr 10, 15 6:03 PM
Twice today I got mail from the mailman, once was for coins and diamonds and then tonight just coins. Neither time I got the stuff. What did/do I have to do to get them? I opened the mail and held mouse over the coins but nothing happened so I just clicked on the small x in the corner and then closed out the mailbox. It disappoints me that I didn't get my diamonds or my coins, please help.
I play on my laptop using windows 8 (but can't remember if it is 8 or 8.1)
thanks.

[Post New]by TheresaD on Apr 10, 15 6:14 PM
this afternoon the game went offline, I had just purchased 130 gems, which I used a few of them. when the game came back on, I only had 1 gem left. I don't believe I used all of them. I'd like to get my gems back. how can I do that?
thank you for your help.
Theresa Davey

geniegal
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by geniegal on Apr 10, 15 11:02 PM
Ever since the connection issue today, when I close Midnight Castle, the program does not fully exit from my task manager (Win 8.1). It is still showing up as a background process. The BF Game Manager will not load either, even though it is showing up as "bigfishgameservices.exe" I cannot play another game until I go into task manager and manually end the MC process and the Game Manager.

mammaw_1
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by mammaw_1 on Apr 11, 15 7:04 AM
Today I completed a spring quest but did not received the rewards for it. The quest is still there, all boxes checked but when I click on the complete button nothing happens.

Running Win 7 Home Premium,

[Post New]by MMax99 on Apr 11, 15 2:54 PM
Someone please help. I have posted and emailed only to be told an update is coming but it seems others are moving forward yet I am on week 3 of not being able to do anything but Alchemist quests. The crow is still stuck where I mentioned below. I also got mail offering up gems and coins which I did not get. No friend gifts are getting through either. Please advise via a human instead of an auto email.

My post from April 4th:
Been stuck on level 26 for 10 days trying to finish a quest but Arabella Scales (by the Mermaid pool) stopped in the middle of the quest saying to come back later. I have tried everything to see if I could trigger her or reach other goals but no luck. Can anyone help me move forward? She had 6 tasks and I performed 3 then she became non responsive.

53bb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by 53bb on Apr 11, 15 3:55 PM
I been playing for about 6 hours then suddenly the game close. open again and all the progress got lost including the diamonds . the game begin with the same progress when i begin in the morning without the diamonds that I alredy spent while playing . I feel frustated for the time spend for nothing. I will play some other day when my angry subdue. By

ladyjake
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ladyjake on Apr 11, 15 11:12 PM
I am having a problem with the achievement to craft 30 items in 30 minutes. Anything I get over 10 disappears over night . Over this week alone I have lost 6 things that registered during the session but were gone the next day. I had this trouble with another achievement but was able to finish it in one session and that didn't disappear again. This achievement requires a lot more items and is more expensive so it isn't as easy to accomplish. I really hope you can help me with this as it is very frustrating to lose the work once done. Thank you.

Go to: