bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Sparkling Amber technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 2, 13 1:02 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Mccaphrey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Sparkling Amber technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mccaphrey on Aug 2, 13 7:03 AM
I cannot get the game to download. It keep saying Error Downloading in the Big Fish Game Manager.

Mccaphrey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Mccaphrey on Aug 2, 13 7:17 AM
Ok, ignore my last post. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled and it downloaded just fine.

Anya419
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Anya419 on Aug 2, 13 11:27 AM
Can't get game to run. It installed properly, opened, but went black I heard 1 second of music and it minimized itself. Now I can't close it even right-clicking on the taskbar. It keeps opening black, then minimizing. I had the same problem with another game recently. Can't figure out what is going on.

Thanks,

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 2, 13 1:24 PM
Mccaphrey, I'm so happy to hear that your game installed well on the second try. I hope you're enjoying that!

Anya419, I'd suggest running your game with administrative privileges, to ensure that it has all of the permissions that it needs to run. To do that, just click on the blue text below:

Run Game as Administrator

If that doesn't work, please contact our Tech Support Team so we can look into what's happening with these games.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Anya419
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by Anya419 on Aug 2, 13 2:47 PM
Thank you it worked.

[Post New]by iveyscoocoo on Aug 2, 13 3:37 PM
I downloaded the trial of this game this morning and it played beautifully. I bought it and it froze up the computer. I have uninstalled and installed it at least 3 times. I am frustrated beyond belief. I have done everything that has been suggested and nothing works. I want to play this game and it has to be something simple that I'm not doing. Any help with this problem would be appreciated. I don't want my money back. I just want to play this game. Thanks for your help.

LinW
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by LinW on Aug 2, 13 4:33 PM
I downloaded the trial, played it for about 45 minutes with no problem whatsoever. Quit so I could purchase it.

Could not open it. Uninstalled and attempted to reinstall. I keep getting a "Failed - Network error" message.

I can't uninstall it and try again, because it hasn't installed the second time. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by sweetvaeh on Aug 2, 13 11:47 PM
I downloaded this game to play the trial. I tried to open it and it opens for a split second and then minimizes and the BF game manager opens. I will try to click on the game to maximize it but it will only pop up for a second and minimize again. I tried clicking on it several times, but it always does the same thing. I have to use my task manager to stop the game from running. One time I got it to open so I could play it for about 20 mins and after shutting it down I have had the same problem again. This time I cannot get it to stay open for anything. I have tried un-installing and re-installing it twice and I also used the "open as administrator" as mentioned on this thread.

[Post New]by jodeealuvsBFish on Aug 3, 13 12:51 AM
I'm glad it's not just me - I thought I was going crazy! I played the trial version and was loving it! Before my trial expired though I bought the game and activated it - NOW IT WON'T WORK!!! I cannot tell you how many times I've uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing helps! There is obviously a problem with the game! I really wish these things were fixed before being made available. I hope a solution is posted and soon!

[Post New]by LuAnnHD on Aug 3, 13 5:13 AM
I am having the same problem. I have installed and uninstalled 5 times. I had to restart my computer after each time due to my computer freezing. I made all the changes including running with administrator privileges. It still doesn't work. I could play the trial and did for 33 minutes, but now since purchasing I can't play the game. Please fix this problem. I was really excited to finally see an original format Time Management game, instead of all the HOG's. Thank you for your help.

LinW
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by LinW on Aug 3, 13 10:13 AM
LinW wrote:I downloaded the trial, played it for about 45 minutes with no problem whatsoever. Quit so I could purchase it.

Could not open it. Uninstalled and attempted to reinstall. I keep getting a "Failed - Network error" message.

I can't uninstall it and try again, because it hasn't installed the second time. Very frustrating.

I should add that I also restarted my laptop, and attempted to reinstall, but that didn't work, either.

parriepenn
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by parriepenn on Aug 3, 13 12:08 PM
No technical problems until level 51 bonus round which crashed my computer.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 3, 13 1:29 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues.

Anya, I'm so happy to hear that worked! I hope you're enjoying your game.

To those of you who had the trial working, but now the full game is crashing or won't activate, I would suggest checking for relevant updates on your computer. For assistance finding those, just click HERE. Software and driver updates will help the game communicate a bit better with your computers and should help the game run more smoothly.

parriepenn, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game, to ensure that all the files have downloaded correctly.

If the suggestions don't work, please be sure to contact our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can look into your situation further and offer more specialized advice.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by dizneegirl on Aug 4, 13 9:09 AM
On level 46 I cannot interact with the king.

Mirinah
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Mirinah on Aug 4, 13 9:23 AM
Thief Bug:

There's a random glitch that prevents you from finishing a level. Sometimes if you try to stop a thief with your hands full, he will not leave the display case which prevents you from getting any gems for your next customer.

Edited on 08/04/2013 at 12:09:24 PM PST

[Post New]by jodeealuvsBFish on Aug 4, 13 10:04 PM
I've done all the update crap on my computer - it doesn't help! I don't understand why the trial worked fine and how that I bought the game it doesn't! I did contact the tech team - so far no one has gotten back to me! I'm seriously unhappy and jealous of those that have gotten to level 40-something.
\
bfgDeveron wrote:Hey Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues.

Anya, I'm so happy to hear that worked! I hope you're enjoying your game.

To those of you who had the trial working, but now the full game is crashing or won't activate, I would suggest checking for relevant updates on your computer. For assistance finding those, just click <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">HERE</a>. Software and driver updates will help the game communicate a bit better with your computers and should help the game run more smoothly.

parriepenn, I would suggest <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstalling and reinstalling</a> the game, to ensure that all the files have downloaded correctly.

If the suggestions don't work, please be sure to contact our <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Tech Support Team</a> so one of our Reps can look into your situation further and offer more specialized advice.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 5, 13 3:39 AM
Heya All,

jodeealuvsBFish - Welcome to the Forums! I can imagine how frustrating that must be for you . Sometimes when you activate a game after you play the demo of the game, it can happen that the safe file gets damaged and then blocks the game from running properly. I'm sure our Tech Support team can fix that for you in no time! Please mind that it can take up to 72 hours for them to get back to you though.

dizneegirl - Welcome to the Forums! When elements of a game don't want to work it can often already help to try uninstalling and reinstalling as this will refresh your game files and make sure that the game can run as good as possible.

Mirinah - That sure sounds a bit annoying! Uninstalling and reinstalling your game, however, could help here as well to make sure that the game recognizes all actions you take properly.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

wmtoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by wmtoo on Aug 5, 13 12:12 PM
The game got to level 45 and then crashed. Now, I can't click the safe to get any more jewels, which means I can't finish the game. This, on top of level 31 being mathematically IMPOSSIBLE to get 3 stars on which means you can't finish the one goal because you'll be a star short.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled the game... led up to the exact same problem, only on level 44 instead. Level 31 - same issue.

My computer is up to date on all its shots and protections. If you can not offer me an update for this game that fixes level 31 and prevents the game from crashing, so that I can complete it, I would like my game credit back.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 6, 13 3:52 AM
Heya wmtoo,

That sure sounds frustrating, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing these problems with the game .

As you mentioned that your computer is up-to-date and since you already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, I would definitely recommend that you get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can have a look at everything for you.

To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 08/06/2013 at 3:52:57 AM PST

Go to: