bfgMurrumbidgee
1,204 Posts

Post any Rooms of Memory Technical Issues here

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Aug 2, 13 10:44 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help site. Using our Big Fish Games Help site is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here is one article that has helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Online Games

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Big Fish Games Help site, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Technical Support Team HERE.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state which browser you are playing the game in (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 03/03/2017 at 1:37:44 PM PST

gabrielsmom
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:Post any Rooms of Memory Technical Issues here

[Post New]by gabrielsmom on Aug 10, 13 12:53 PM
This game does not appear to be working. When I go to online games and click on it nothing happens. The header Rooms of Memory-Free to play-online games comes up and then nothing.

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Aug 10, 13 6:27 PM
gabrielsmom wrote:This game does not appear to be working. When I go to online games and click on it nothing happens. The header Rooms of Memory-Free to play-online games comes up and then nothing.

hiya,

try to see what happens if you use a different browser... i use Firefox and no issues.

if after you have tried different browsers, try cleaning your java and your cache to update them , sometimes if you had a problem with a link and try to see if it works later - it is stuck in that other loop. generally cleaning your java and your cache should give you a fresh browser. hope that helps

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Aug 11, 13 8:50 AM
Not sure if the Friend/Social button is really working for this game or not. I had a quest to use it, I did, and after 24hrs there is no change. The random friends have updated, but still no replies (accepting or denying) the friend request, so just wanting to know if this is even actually active yet and if so, how to use it correctly.

and if we can't use the random peeps as friends, how do we search for specific friends by name to add them to our friends list?

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Aug 12, 13 9:50 AM
I have also been wondering about the social part of the game. I've been able to add 2 friends through the random list, but that's after inviting about 80 since I started playing the game. Also, I haven't been able to link up with a single duel or competition -- even after leaving it searching for a competitor for half an hour once when I forgot I had it up. Is this just because the game is so new? It looks like there's tons of people playing it...

LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLavander on Aug 12, 13 10:22 AM
I have also tried to type in a name for a friend and it just blanks out the cell with no notice of can't find or any other answer. Please let us know if this is a problem with the game or just the lack of instructions.

Liv4zen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Liv4zen on Aug 13, 13 7:00 AM
I too - have so far had absolutely no luck in adding my first real neighbor.
No gifts to give or get which is a demotivating shame.

I am seated in Denmark and hope to get some "kick-off" progress soon.
The game is potentially addictive - however the lack of neighbors holds back the energy and will to play eagerly.

Best regards from Copenhagen, Denmark.

jaylow22
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jaylow22 on Aug 24, 13 2:25 AM
I managed to finish the "Feed the Dragon" quest to open the Magic Gates, but when I click on it to explore, I just get the Wait icon and it won't go any further. What's worse is that it subtracts my energy for the expedition, but hangs in wait mode! Has anyone else had this issue?

spocalina
Herring
Herring
368 Posts

[Post New]by spocalina on Aug 24, 13 6:33 AM
jaylow22 wrote:I managed to finish the "Feed the Dragon" quest to open the Magic Gates, but when I click on it to explore, I just get the Wait icon and it won't go any further. What's worse is that it subtracts my energy for the expedition, but hangs in wait mode! Has anyone else had this issue?

Yes, I have. But I find that if I reload the game at that point (since I can't find a way to "cancel" it), it gives me back my energy. Still super disappointing that I can't explore it though, since there's only a limited time that you have to explore it before the gates close again it seems.

jaylow22
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jaylow22 on Aug 24, 13 8:46 AM
Thanks for the feedback, Spocalina Glad I'm not the only one (but not glad you are also stuck there) - hope tech support can sort us out!!

[Post New]by bigoufan41 on Aug 24, 13 1:32 PM
spocalina wrote:
jaylow22 wrote:I managed to finish the "Feed the Dragon" quest to open the Magic Gates, but when I click on it to explore, I just get the Wait icon and it won't go any further. What's worse is that it subtracts my energy for the expedition, but hangs in wait mode! Has anyone else had this issue?

Yes, I have. But I find that if I reload the game at that point (since I can't find a way to "cancel" it), it gives me back my energy. Still super disappointing that I can't explore it though, since there's only a limited time that you have to explore it before the gates close again it seems.

Having the same problem. I finally was able to explore it but it just hangs in the loading mode. Very frustrating!

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 24, 13 4:45 PM

I think you were told to wait because you need to explore it with other people. I'm pretty sure that just like the battles, this isn't functioning for us and can only be played on FB.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Aug 24, 13 10:22 PM
Rumbi,

I believe you are correct - I'm going to be contacting CS again, because it seems to me that these 2 aspects preclude us from playing the game properly, gives us quests we will never be able to complete, etc. I'm also going to ask them to look at my specific issue of not having any neighbors - I've requested everyone I can, every time I can, and nothing.

I've been playing for 20 days -

[Post New]by bigoufan41 on Aug 25, 13 7:27 AM
Rumbitothecore wrote:

I think you were told to wait because you need to explore it with other people. I'm pretty sure that just like the battles, this isn't functioning for us and can only be played on FB.

We can't play this unless we go thru Facebook? Seriously?
Sounds like you can't really play this game unless you go thru facebook. I've heard that's where you get neighbors too. I've got 5 neighbors by just diligently inviting people everyday.

jaylow22
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by jaylow22 on Aug 26, 13 12:30 AM
I have three active neighbors (and one that's asleep all the time!!), also just by inviting everyone on the list every day. I wish there was a way that they could filter out the dormant players from the invitation list. I really think that if we're investing real money in the game in order to advance, all the functionality should be in place. Having neighbors is incredibly useful and I feel sorry for you fishies that don't have any... Keep trying, is all I can say...

tas997
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by tas997 on Aug 31, 13 11:45 AM
burnz wrote:I am attempting to purchase some crystals from the Bank (it's three times the normal amount which expires in 9h) and it won't allow me to do so. It keeps saying my shopping cart is empty! I've tried using IE and FF and it's the same on both browsers.

Burnz, I am having the exact same problem; it seems to be the same in all browser. Shame, really; I was trying to see how far I could go with no purchases and I finally decided to break down and buy. Guess someone is looking out for my budget!

AuntyMog
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by AuntyMog on Aug 31, 13 1:55 PM
I have now received the same offer via a Maya coin with the chance to buy things at three times their value from the bank. I, also, get the message saying my shopping cart is empty. I was sorely tempted to stock up on crystals too.

Added: I see that you can purchase the lowest valued item of 20 crystals for $2. When I select that item it goes through to the shopping cart.

Edited on 08/31/2013 at 2:24:10 PM PST

[Post New]by Jazminlol on Sep 1, 13 1:17 PM
First, I have to say....I love this game!

However, I have ran into an issue. I'm trying to complete a major task by exploring "tilt yard". I have already unlocked it, but every time I click on tilt yard....it just goes to the loading page and stays that way until I click ESC. The rest of the game works and load perfectly

Things I've tried....cleared cookies and web browser. Re-booted my computer. Everything is currently up to date.

I only use google chrome. Operating system windows 8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for a wonderful game

AuntyMog
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by AuntyMog on Sep 3, 13 3:12 AM
AuntyMog wrote:I have now received the same offer via a Maya coin with the chance to buy things at three times their value from the bank. I, also, get the message saying my shopping cart is empty. I was sorely tempted to stock up on crystals too.

Added: I see that you can purchase the lowest valued item of 20 crystals for $2. When I select that item it goes through to the shopping cart.

I emailed technical support about this and although they haven't emailed me back, I have now been given a second opportunity to purchase items for three times the value from the bank. This time they actually go through to my shopping cart. Now my dilemma is, do I spend real world money, or keep this game as a freebie, eight hours to decide....

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Sep 4, 13 11:45 AM
UPDATE on Magic Gates issue:

Customer Service advised me today that this really is a technical issue, they've contacted the developer, and a fix should be released at a future date. I'll keep my eyes peeled for any further update...

Go to: