TGT: The Mysterious City: Cairo

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 6, 09 12:11 AM
Well it is HO! - Anyone played it before? Any "poodle" review/approval? First glance graphics looked a little old?

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

Re:TGT: The Mysterious City: Cairo

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 6, 09 12:18 AM
I played it (beta tested I believe). Very basic HO game. Pretty short and boring. Most reviewers over at Gamezebo gave it 1-2 stars. Good game for beginners to HO games I guess. I'm not going to buy it.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 6, 09 12:25 AM
Sorry, but this is a Poodle *NOT* approved. I tried the demo elsewhere and found it dead boring. Nothing there but old time hidden object hunt hung *very* loosely on a minimal story. If you liked Golden City: Prague though you might like this as it's the same game, just a different set of graphics. The most hard core must have a hidden object fix junky might get something out of it but for me these days I need a little something more. Not horrible, but not good, so just a one thumber:

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Mar 6, 09 12:26 AM
Thanks Scotcat for your input.....I value you testers opinions....

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 6, 09 12:27 AM
Well I did ask!!! Will try it but if you two find it boring - guess the same here. Thanks.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on Mar 6, 09 12:27 AM
Thanks for your input too, Poodle....

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Mar 6, 09 12:31 AM
Thanks scotcat, HO games have to bring a little bit more than just beginning a HO game, at least for me. Have you played SOI yet ?

Ynibor
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by Ynibor on Mar 6, 09 12:31 AM
I thought I was having deja vu ... I think I beta tested this a long time ago. As I remember it was a more simplistic HOG. Or was this released before and I am remembering wrong?

podette
Clownfish
Clownfish
527 Posts

[Post New]by podette on Mar 6, 09 1:57 AM
Played the demo, very very boring. So dissapointed

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 6, 09 2:39 AM
Me too Podette! Still tried it despite Poodle and Scotcat whose summaries are always correct!

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 6, 09 3:51 AM
EdnaMoles wrote:Thanks scotcat, HO games have to bring a little bit more than just beginning a HO game, at least for me. Have you played SOI yet ?

Hey Edna! I am at the end of SOI. I only get to play HO games at night and I get tired/sleepy after a short while so I have been playing it for a few nights now. It's a nice game... well worth the club price, but I tend to like Jaguar's Eye a bit better. It was more challenging and I always LOVE hard puzzles/mini games (the more the better). There are more reasons as to why I like Jaguar's Eye better, but too pooped to mention now.

I am going to go play a few rounds of Peggle Nights now and then go to bed.
How's your new Dracula game coming along? Did you get to stab anyone yet?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 6, 09 4:49 AM
Relaxed mode is STILL timed - you just have more time. Seems to be quite a bit of time, but every hint cost 2 minutes.

Some of the items are tiny.

I didn't like the demo of Mysterious City Prague, which is prejudicing me against this one.

Right now I'm just not desperate enough to play more than the first scene of this one, but I haven't uninstalled it yet.

edit: Not only does every hint cost 2 minutes, but every time you use a hint it TELLS you that. Sheesh. After playing 2 scenes, I uninstalled it.

Edited on 03/06/2009 at 8:03:45 AM PST

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Mar 6, 09 6:52 AM
Yeah, I beta'ed it also. It is boring. If you just need to try a new game play the demo. Otherwise

mmaiden42
Stingray
Stingray
5,767 Posts

[Post New]by mmaiden42 on Mar 6, 09 7:26 AM
I haven't played the demo yet, had to see what my favorite game critics had to say. I will still try it, but I will probably fall right into step with Pood.

BadFishLoL
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by BadFishLoL on Mar 6, 09 7:29 AM
demo'd this as an eval for another site just yesterday lol

It's not bad to me. I kind of like it but don't love it. No problems with the timer as it's really long!

Don't know if will buy though as I just bought Serpent of Isis last night.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Mar 6, 09 7:37 AM
Tried the demo for 20 mins, then deleted it, found it boring.

hilyer25
Marlin
Marlin
9,083 Posts

[Post New]by hilyer25 on Mar 6, 09 7:47 AM
Bummer. I was hoping for a good one. Oh, well, thanks everyone for your reviews.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Mar 6, 09 8:17 AM
played demo,thought was boring too,still desiding,to buy or not.might later on when thers nothing else out there

revbecca
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by revbecca on Mar 6, 09 8:39 AM
Downloaded the free play; started playing, and throughout, I kept thinking I should just quit and uninstall, which is very unusual for me. I REALLY didn't care for this one. Some items are tiny; I HATE the "find the differences" minigames; and who ever heard of a green crowbar? So I'm not buying this one.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Mar 6, 09 9:30 AM
I'm seeing nothing positive in any of your reviews. Guess it's a no brainer for me...don't waste time on the demo!! Darn It!!

Go to: