FrankieS77
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Stuck on chapter 1 level 13 haunted ruins

[Post New]by FrankieS77 on Aug 2, 13 8:18 PM
I have tried for the past few days to get through this level. there seems to be not enough time to clear the marbles and I can't get more then 1 star and can't move on to chapter 2. Any one have any tips for this?

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

Re:Stuck on chapter 1 level 13 haunted ruins

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Aug 3, 13 4:52 AM
~FrankieS77...I just replayed it again...still only getting one star, not bad LOL...

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Aug 4, 13 10:26 AM
Remember you can play zen mode to earn 10 stars each day. That was the only way I could advance to chapter 2.

SandyFish55
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,306 Posts

[Post New]by SandyFish55 on Aug 4, 13 10:38 AM
~govols2...good reminder, that's what i've done too. Am about 1/2 way through level 2

Happy Gaming

maxforme
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by maxforme on Aug 5, 13 12:25 AM
I have found that any of the levels that have three specials - hearts, stars, you need to concentrate on getting rid of them before you fill up the bar on the left or before you run out of time. If you fill the bar first then it will wipe out your hearts and you lose that possible star. If you can get rid of the hearts first, even by sacrificing some of the collection pearls then you will have a chance of winning all three stars. I found this is working is the second chapter too.

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Aug 5, 13 3:30 AM
I found this level super frustrating too! My first instinct was to position the Purple power-up on a column in such a way that it would unfreeze the 2 balls (upper & lower). However, this made the colored balls on top fall into the cavity in such a mess, that it'd take too many balls or time to clear.

So I tried another strategy: use the Purple power-up to unfreeze only the lower ball, and do that early on in the level. If you're lucky it will cause a cascade of matches among the treasure balls, filling up the Treasure Bar quickly. Continue matching the colored balls on top. Unfreeze the upper locked balls only when most of the colored balls are gone. Sooner later the Treasure Bar will fill up and zap most (if not all) of the remaining balls.

[Post New]by femokie on Aug 6, 13 5:30 PM
I thought not getting 3 stars was stopping me from advancing to Chapter 2 also, but it doesn't!!! You buy your way into Chapter 2! I think it costs 50 coins. Chapter 3 costs 100, etc. I found the Bottomless Trench to be lots of fun!

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Sep 8, 13 4:41 PM
dvdiva said:

So I tried another strategy: use the Purple power-up to unfreeze only the lower ball, and do that early on in the level. If you're lucky it will cause a cascade of matches among the treasure balls, filling up the Treasure Bar quickly. Continue matching the colored balls on top. Unfreeze the upper locked balls only when most of the colored balls are gone. Sooner later the Treasure Bar will fill up and zap most (if not all) of the remaining balls.

Thank you, dvdiva!! After doing this level dozens of times, and only getting one star; I took your hint...only took 2 more trys to get 3 stars!

Go to: