ixuss1990
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

New version! No more cursing and Hint bugs!

[Post New]by ixuss1990 on Aug 3, 13 12:51 AM
Finally, the developers have released a NEW version!

In this version yon will not find cursing and blasphemy!!!

I noticed, some incorrect phrases (such as "pomade") were fixed too.

And finally hint button works properly!!! By the way, no need to wait the hint button cooling down outside HO scenes.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

Re:New version! No more cursing and Hint bugs!

[Post New]by phatkhat on Aug 3, 13 11:30 AM
Blasphemy? ROFL. Blasphemy is in the eyes of the beholder, just like a lot of other things. What's blasphemy to you isn't to me. What's blasphemy to a Muslim isn't to you. NO religious group has a right to dictate artistic license to makers of books, movies, games, music, etc. You simply have a right not to consume those products - not to forbid them to other people.

I'm really sorry they caved to the extremists, because it sets a bad precedent. I had just started to be cordial to BFG again after some years of holding my nose and buying everything I could elsewhere, because of their nannyish censorship. Now I will once again rethink my relationship.

There ARE portals that cater to adults with adult tastes. If BFG wants to be the Xtian game site, then I will take my business elsewhere. Hmm. I usually don't patronize businesses that display fish in their ads - unless they are selling seafood. Does Felix have a hidden meaning?

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

Re:New version! No more cursing aBind Hint bugs!

[Post New]by Melymc on Aug 3, 13 9:06 PM
The next thing you know they will be after games with rituals in them. Whether you agree or not, or I agree or not, it's called freedom of speech. I am happy about the bugs being fixed, but I fear Big Fish may have made a mistake. What will you cave to next?

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Aug 3, 13 10:35 PM
Lol sorta funny, I saw that thread a few days ago where people were complaining that there was cursing in it and I thought I might check the game out since I do prefer a smidge of realism as opposed to the usual bland fare around here. Ah well I'm not so keen on hogs anyhoo.

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Aug 5, 13 12:02 AM
I guess I have a bit of a different take on it.

I am against censorship when it is mandated and I would not personally have demanded that the language be removed from the game.

My view is, when made aware of what a game entails, every person can decide for themselves what they will and will not tolerate in a game.

However, I do understand why it is offensive to some people and I have no problem with them having or expressing those views or even making a request for it to be removed, if they feel strongly about it.

Personally, I appreciate and will support any developer that cares enough about the players to be willing to fix things that are hindering their enjoyment.

I am glad that they have fixed the hint button and the translation issues. I am also fine with them removing what is considered cursing by some folks.

That in no way makes them suddenly Christian for doing so. In my opinion, it makes them considerate.

I remember a developer long ago heard demands for a no sparkle mode option and responded by issuing an updated game with that option. I don't think they counted how many people wanted it before deciding if it had merit, either. I really don't see that any different from this situation.

Perhaps, it would have also worked to have had the cursing be made optional the way other preferences are accommodated.

I know that I won't miss having it there. If complete realism was a requirement for me, I couldn't even play any of the games that I already own.

Thanks for caring developers, if you are listening. I was undecided on the game before but, I will definitely be purchasing now.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 5, 13 12:58 AM
Hi there,
Whilst I think people have the right to hold certain beliefs, I for one will not be updating this game because of the cursing and sincerely hope that this over-reaction on the part of the developers is not going to be a new censorship norm.
Some of the language late in last night's game was also very expressive, and suited the situation.

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
43,711 Posts

[Post New]by gailgo on Aug 5, 13 8:23 AM

ETA: No, this is NOT a disappointment, this is outrageous.

It sure is

qweqr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by qweqr on Aug 6, 13 9:52 AM
Why? Personally, I think the update made the game accessible to Christians, made the game better. Thanks devs!

Peace!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 6, 13 9:26 PM
qweqr wrote:Why? Personally, I think the update made the game accessible to Christians, made the game better. Thanks devs!

Peace!

Well, I am a Christian and didn't find anything wrong with the first version. Please don't lump us all into the same category.
Cheers

qweqr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by qweqr on Aug 6, 13 11:27 PM
Please don't lump us all into the same category.

Please, sorry! I didn't mean to offend you!

Go to: