Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

AoM: Hunt for the Puppeteer group play, started Aug. 3rd, all welcome!

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Aug 3, 13 12:55 AM
Group play for Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, started August 3rd, anyone can join in, we welcome more players!

Welcome all to this group play

Why a group play and how does this work?
Large file adventure games are great fun, but they are also difficult and sometimes really frustrating. Know that feeling that you have absolutely no clue as to what to do and you are wandering in circles and feel that you are making zero progress? Or worse, you get so frustrated you just give in, thinking LF game are just not for you and they are absolutely no fun.

That’s where group plays come in. We each start our own game, play at our own pace and discuss the game in the forum here. Playing together is a lot of fun, but please don’t make it into a race, just play at your own pace and enjoy! It really doesn’t matter if someone else figures things out faster. If you have questions on what to do, where to go, how the game works: ask them here. You will see that more people have the same problems and suddenly you don’t feel so silly anymore.

As said LF games can be though and even more for new players, so please remember: there are no silly questions. Just ask what you need to know and we try to help. And by we I mean all of us, not just popla and me, because we can all help one another out.

We do ask to avoid open spoilers. Since we all play at our own pace there will be players behind you who like to figure things out on their own or at least try to. If you think something might be a spoiler just white the message out. if you don’t know how to do this we will gladly help you.

Can anyone join in?
Yes, anyone can join in, we welcome more players. In fact, the more the merrier! Just start your game and you are part of this group play! We only ask of you to make yourself known, so that we know who our fellow players are.

I will start a separate thread with a players list and as soon as you pop in, I will list you as actively playing. This list will be updated as we go, so you can see who is playing and who has finished.

I played the game already, but I’d like to help is that okay?
Yes, by all means, we would love to have the knowledge and help of people who have already finished the game. We put up a list of players but also a list of helpers. Helpers are people who have done at least one complete play through of the game and remember enough details to help others out. This is nothing fancy, but it is very handy and appreciated until we all get our bearings in the game and start helping each other out and especially those behind us.

I played the game already, but I still would like to join in, is that okay?
Yes, by all means join in and maybe you can help out too. Some LF games are just so good that it is very rewarding to replay them, so please join in on our group play fun too!

I am new to LF games, how does this game work?
Quite frankly I haven’t familiarized myself with the game mechanics yet.
But there are some general rules to LF games: be inquisitive, look at everything, talk to everybody, make notes and by all means: save often!

That’s right do save your game, cause most adventure games do not auto save!

Need to know more about how the game and the controls work? Please do ask! I am sure one of us can help you out. I am sure that our regular players and adventure diehards have them figured out in no time and are more than willing to help out fellow players.

Walkthroughs and Universal Hint System
Every player, both seasoned and new ones, will get stuck. It kind of comes with LF games and being stuck together can be quiet fun, in a weird kind of way. However, sometimes you just need an additional clue to get you going again. We try to provide each other with those hints, but you are always welcome to use a walkthrough OR you could use UHS. I can’t give a link to UHS, but if you Google it in combination with the game title Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer you’ll find it immediately. Walkthroughs have the disadvantage that you sometimes see too much information. UHS really is a hint system, rather than a plain walkthrough, it gives little hints to problems and there are usually multiple hints to one problem, so you can decide how much you need to know or want to know. Very well worth checking out!

Let the fun begin, group play of Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer has now started

Enjoy!

Cfg

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

Re:AoM: Hunt for the Puppeteer group play, started Aug. 3rd, all welcome!

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Aug 3, 13 12:56 AM
Players List

Aquaticfinished
abiloo playing
luvtoread finished
Catfish_girl finished
Raven_wing finished
mariannequilts finished
jboliver1999 playing
sportygal2009 finished
harlequen finished
debbi2qlts finished
michalina17 playing
mcquigan finished
read61 playing
minesita finished
Grandmamum playing
Rudygeegee playing
heleanthia finished
Tidewaters finished
Mr_Russ finished
Branes withdrawn
gingergal finished

Edited on 08/13/2013 at 2:28:28 AM PST

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on Aug 3, 13 1:07 AM
Aquatic starting!

abiloo
Shark
Shark
11,080 Posts

[Post New]by abiloo on Aug 3, 13 1:13 AM
Abiloo, Signing up!

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Aug 3, 13 2:36 AM
Signing in. I actually started the game last night.

abiloo
Shark
Shark
11,080 Posts

[Post New]by abiloo on Aug 3, 13 4:01 AM
Played a little bit this morning- not sure when I will be able to play again, maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, or maybe Monday

But anyway so far I have:

* Just arrived at the second crime scene*

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Aug 3, 13 4:17 AM
Signing in. I won't be able to start to play until tomorrow.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 3, 13 5:12 AM
Marianne here and playing.

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Aug 3, 13 5:39 AM
It's been a while since I did one of these group plays and I really need to get some of my games played, so I'm joining in. I won't be able to start until later today or even tomorrow but I know that doesn't matter.

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Aug 3, 13 7:03 AM
Signing in FINALLY! I tried to earlier but kept getting a maintenance message. I'm starting from the beginning as I'm not that far into the game.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Aug 3, 13 7:07 AM
Signing in, but I'm starting it tomorrow, nice to see You jboliver, it's been a long time

debbi2qlts
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by debbi2qlts on Aug 3, 13 7:11 AM
Good Morning everyone. I'm opening the GM and starting AOM

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Aug 3, 13 8:19 AM
abiloo wrote:Played a little bit this morning- not sure when I will be able to play again, maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, or maybe Monday

But anyway so far I have:

* Just arrived at the second crime scene*

I have gotten past that part. Can you believe ****the attitude of that
French Inspector? Calls her to come to the crime scene, then gets
his boxers in a bunch because she does?
** I remember a lot about
this game from previous play, too bad I cannot remember the solutions

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 3, 13 8:59 AM
I'm at the *** second crime scene. *** I played this way-back-when and the scenes look familiar as I come across them, but I don't remember what's next or any solutions.

luvtoread...love your expression *** boxers in a bunch. *** Haven't heard that one for a long time and made me laugh.

sportygal...I got that maintenance message a number times this morning. Wonder what they were working on....nosy !

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Aug 3, 13 10:58 AM
Players list has been updated

Very much welcome to all new and familiar faces!

I haven't started myself yet, but plan to do so tomorrow, that is if RL behaves and doesn't interfere with my plans!

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 3, 13 11:15 AM
Yeah...I tell ya...RL really gets in the way and can be a pain !!!

Here's where I am...*** I got into Jack's apt, searched around and finally solved the hook problem/puzzle. I opened the cabinet ***
and my game showed an "ERROR 0x0353C990 AoM. exe has stopped working."
So I started again at my last save. Went thru to just prior to when I got the ERROR and I saved. Sure enough, my next click and I got the ERROR again and game was over.

When I originally bought this game from BF and played, there were no ERROR messages and all went well. Guess I need to contact CS unless someone knows how to fix this !??

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Aug 3, 13 11:17 AM
Ooh! Family just went camping, house is messy but I don't care; I'm in!
Also, do my eyes deceive me or is the CE released today an adventure game?

debbi2qlts
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by debbi2qlts on Aug 3, 13 11:25 AM
mariannequilts wrote:Yeah...I tell ya...RL really gets in the way and can be a pain !!!

Here's where I am...*** I got into Jack's apt, searched around and finally solved the hook problem/puzzle. I opened the cabinet ***
and my game showed an "ERROR 0x0353C990 AoM. exe has stopped working."
So I started again at my last save. Went thru to just prior to when I got the ERROR and I saved. Sure enough, my next click and I got the ERROR again and game was over.

When I originally bought this game from BF and played, there were no ERROR messages and all went well. Guess I need to contact CS unless someone knows how to fix this !??

All I can say is to try and Google it. It might at least tell you what it is. Good Luck

debbi2qlts
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by debbi2qlts on Aug 3, 13 11:37 AM
Ok so I made it through the crime scene. I found the UHS site and it is super. I also found a U-tube walk through.

First problem is I didn't get a certain Item from the young lady at the cafe. Went back to her but I cant get the interaction to get said item. Do I have to start over from the beginning? I guess if you do a new Save after finishing a scene it would help to not have to start from the beginning.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Aug 3, 13 11:54 AM
Finally - I made it into this thread (wish the mods had made it clickable). I am playing and already beating my head against a wall (told you it would happen). Still at the crime scene, think Bonet will be the next victim! She simply will not leave no matter how many times I drag her to the door.SPOILER Think I need to fix the fuse box but have nothing to fix it with.......... Obviously I am missing something but no idea what.......

Edited on 08/03/2013 at 11:55:59 AM PST

Go to: