Walkthrough???

judith12
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

Walkthrough???

[Post New]by judith12 on Aug 4, 13 1:15 PM
Again, no walkthrough. Anyone know if there will be one??

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Walkthrough???

[Post New]by thistle809 on Aug 4, 13 3:08 PM
I found a partial walkthrough on You Tube. I have emailed the dev to see if they will tell me if there is a full walkthrough available. They were nice enough at one point in the past to be in the forum when I posted about one of their games not having a walkthrough here, and they sent me a link to their own walkthrough. I'll let everyone know when I get a reply from them.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Aug 4, 13 3:14 PM
Please do, thistle. I'm buying the game tomorrow!

What is it with lately we are getting the few non-CEs games without walkthroughs? Is it a new trend? Is it too difficult? Not enough time? What?

Riquelme
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Riquelme on Aug 4, 13 3:27 PM
Euskalduna wrote:Please do, thistle. I'm buying the game tomorrow!

What is it with lately we are getting the few non-CEs games without walkthroughs? Is it a new trend? Is it too difficult? Not enough time? What?

Is it too difficult for you to play without a walkthrough?

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Aug 4, 13 3:32 PM
Don't know, Riquelme, as I said, I will buy it tomorrow. But I like to have a backup in case I get stuck in the middle of a game.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Aug 4, 13 3:38 PM
I'd like to know too Thistle. I'd really love to buy this game but I've been burned too many times by games that don't have a walkthrough. I end up having to get a credit from CS.

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Aug 4, 13 5:32 PM
What is with these standard editions with NO WALKTHROUGHS? I really want to use a coupon code to purchase this game, but if I get stuck, I don't want to watch YT, and have to sweat through watching someone else play the game, just to use it as a walkthrough. Due to so many good specials lately on CE, I have purchased just about every HO CE that has come out. I like CE for the Strategy Guide, all the other features I can do without. Anyway, I look forward to a good SE, so I can use all these coupon codes I have from completing punch cards. If SE are going to be released without walkthroughs, or rated with less than 4 stars, then we should be able to use coupon codes to purchase game credits, and use them to buy CE.

Edited on 08/04/2013 at 5:44:15 PM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Aug 4, 13 5:40 PM
I should have mentioned before, but I did check my usual site for walkthroughs (the one with the little orange cube logo) and this is one of the rare exceptions. They do not have a walkthrough for this one, which is why I sent the email to the dev. Let's keep our fins crossed for a positive result. (I would like to get this game tomorrow, too.) I just will not buy a game if there is absolutely no walkthrough available on a safe, reliable site. Here's hoping!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 4, 13 9:35 PM
I just played the entire game on the expert setting without even thinking about needing a walkthrough.

If you read the dialog - and there is not a lot of it - and watch the cut-scenes - and all are short and to the point - you'll know where to go next. If you need an item, check nearby for HOS's. You almost never have to go back more than one or two screens to find a HOS that will give you what you need. And the game is progressive, so there's not too much wandering back and forth, though there is a little. The map is interactive, so if you have to go back several scenes, you can just transport there.

Now granted, I've played a lot of games and all of them on the hardest setting without hints or walkthroughs unless I'm hopelessly stuck for several days. But even so, I doubt that anyone will really need a walkthrough for this game.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 4, 13 10:59 PM
Hi there,
There are so many glistening and swirling question marks in the Casual Mode that even the proverbial "Blind Freddie" would find his way through this game without a WT.
Cheers

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Aug 5, 13 12:48 PM
burf and DLO -- I've heard that before (about the game being so easy no WT is needed). I've purchased games based on this comment and had to get a credit from CS.

Thistle -- I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

elledebbie
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by elledebbie on Aug 5, 13 3:00 PM
I must admit, I like walkthroughs for a back up.

However the main reason I use the walkthrough is to find out if there are too many hidden object scenes.

I really enjoy Big Fish Games, but there are too few true adventure games. So I have to try the HO games. Since I hate HOSs, I won't purchase a game if there are more than 20 in a game.

This looks interesting.

For someone who has completed the game, How many HOSs are there?

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Aug 5, 13 4:13 PM
I almost always go at least once to the w/t for games as I'm
really bad at the adventure part and also usually need to
look to get started on some mini-games.

But, I was so pleased to find the developer on this was
"Artifex Mundi" (sp) and I love their games so much that
I forgot to look before I bought. Just finished the game and
came to the forums to leave a comment when I saw this
thread and realized there was no w/t and I hadn't needed
one. Honestly, with the Map and the great hint system,
I did just fine.

P.S. I, too, have games I can't finish because of no w/t,
so I understand how you feel, but I did get through
ok and maybe you all will too.

Edited on 08/05/2013 at 4:14:29 PM PST

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Aug 5, 13 10:10 PM
elledebbie wrote:I must admit, I like walkthroughs for a back up.

However the main reason I use the walkthrough is to find out if there are too many hidden object scenes.

I really enjoy Big Fish Games, but there are too few true adventure games. So I have to try the HO games. Since I hate HOSs, I won't purchase a game if there are more than 20 in a game.

This looks interesting.

For someone who has completed the game, How many HOSs are there?

I can't say for certain that there are fewer than 20 HOS's, but I don't think there are quite that many. This plays more like a detective adventure game. In fact, a few of the HOS's are sort of reversed. They call it "detective mode". You come across a crime scene and have to find 12 clues in the scene. As you click each one, the clue appears in the HOS list at the bottom. Once you've found all the clues, you click through a playback where your character deduces what happened in the scene from the clues you found. I really enjoyed these.

The other HOS's in this game are almost pathetically easy, at least IMO. The items are big and just sitting right there in the scene to click on. I don't think it took me more than 30 seconds to finish any of the HOS's.

BTW, if you haven't played Dreamscapes: The Sandman or Namariel Legends: The Iron Lord, you should try them They are both pure adventure games and very good. Another couple that come to mind are Family Tales: The Sisters and Shadows: Price for Our Sins, which are both almost pure adventure.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 5, 13 10:27 PM
ibn1984 wrote:What is with these standard editions with NO WALKTHROUGHS? I really want to use a coupon code to purchase this game, but if I get stuck, I don't want to watch YT, and have to sweat through watching someone else play the game, just to use it as a walkthrough. Due to so many good specials lately on CE, I have purchased just about every HO CE that has come out. I like CE for the Strategy Guide, all the other features I can do without. Anyway, I look forward to a good SE, so I can use all these coupon codes I have from completing punch cards. If SE are going to be released without walkthroughs, or rated with less than 4 stars, then we should be able to use coupon codes to purchase game credits, and use them to buy CE.

Hi there ibn ... and others,
I know there are also a lot of fishes here who would be only too pleased to help you with the game if you are "stuck". Post a request for help in this forum under a meaningful heading and give some details of your problem.
The solution might not be instantaneous, and there are members here in various time zones so don't forget to pop back in to check on any results.
Cheers

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Aug 10, 13 5:29 PM
I have received no reply from the dev. Just wanted to let everyone know.

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

Re:Walkthrough??? I found a walkthrough!

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Aug 11, 13 12:34 AM
Hey fishes!
I went swimming and have found a walkthrough! Out of respect for , I won't post it here, but please do message me and I will be happy to share!

Sportspaz1449

"CHEERS"

MiddleAged
Salmon
Salmon
2,836 Posts

[Post New]by MiddleAged on Aug 12, 13 4:51 PM
Oh my - no wonder it was on sale - no walkthrough. Bummer. I bought it today (a Monday) after reading the reviews and doing a demo to make sure it ran. I am not a huge fan of snakes but actually spiders freak me out more in games. I am so glad the game forums are staying as I never buy a game without reading the reviews. TY for all you gamers who take the time to write reviews - this from a quiet forum reader.

Editing to say that I received my salmon status early early on in the forums before Faunasphere - which I was lucky enough to alpha, beta and play until the minute it closed down . I still cry at times - I am such a softie for my beloved fauna. Sorry to be off topic but again TY for those who post the reviews!

Edited on 08/12/2013 at 4:55:19 PM PST

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Aug 15, 13 9:34 PM
Riquelme wrote:
Euskalduna wrote:Please do, thistle. I'm buying the game tomorrow!

Is it too difficult for you to play without a walkthrough?

jforever
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by jforever on Aug 15, 13 9:38 PM
I don't know about anybody else, but I would like a walk-through just in case I missed something...not that the demo its difficult, just making sure I didn't overlook something exciting.

Go to: