bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Times of Vikings technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 5, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Times of Vikings technical issues here only

[Post New]by StripeyCatiana on Aug 5, 13 4:13 AM
Bit of annoying glitch that I've found on level 1 and 13 so far. Occasionally you can click on a snow or wood pile that you can't get to yet. Unfortunately it does not queue the action up and you cannot unclick it or click it again. The only way round it that I found was to restart the level. It doesn't make the game unplayable - just a little annoying.

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Aug 5, 13 5:46 AM
Game runs fine until level 29, where everything is gray and you can't see what you are doing. Bug?

Update: I closed the game, and started it again and now it works.
Hope this will not happen again.

Edited on 08/05/2013 at 5:58:15 AM PST

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Aug 5, 13 5:52 AM
On level 4, when restarting, sometimes gets me blocks of colors on the screen and might go away when restarting that level again, but also after starting fire, and have 2 houses, seems to be no way to get around on the rest of the screen to finish the level.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Aug 5, 13 7:17 AM
Didn't see any other posts with the issue I had when I tried to demo this game. It downloaded fine and quickly. When I opened it, the BIG FISH screen was fine and stable... and also the next screen (I think it had an octopus or some other sea creature pictured there.) But after that screen, the music began and quick flashing. There was a square of blue - looked like it might be depicting water - in the lower left side of the screen. The rest of the screen was darker and when it would flash on, I could briefly see a sign-in area, etc., but I could not interact with the screen in any way with my mouse.

I minimized the game with my keyboard function key and then (while still minimized) by right-clicking the mouse, I was able to give the CLOSE command to exit the game.

I then uninstalled and re-installed it hoping that would correct the issue. It did not. The game responded in exactly the same way. I was not able to sign in or see what the game was like... so, unless someone can reply to this post and give me info on how to correct this, the game is a "no buy" for me.

Classicaljazz

Sidney420
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Sidney420 on Aug 5, 13 8:18 AM
I am playing the demo and on the second phase; it says to upgrade four houses, when I do, it does not show that they have been upgraded; so I can't continue

parriepenn
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by parriepenn on Aug 5, 13 8:33 AM
Level three doesn't recognize my two house upgrade and won't let me finish the level.

[Post New]by nygamer on Aug 5, 13 10:36 AM
Having the same issue on level 3-won't show that houses are upgraded. Can't progress from here.

[Post New]by CorinaGh on Aug 5, 13 11:31 AM
To upgrade the house you have to select it and click the Upgrade button from the bottom part of the screen. You don't have to demolish the house or something else.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Aug 5, 13 2:45 PM
Same problem with upgrading building and upgrading 2 house. When the houses have been build and upgraded, the game keeps playing, not recognizing the upgrades.

[Post New]by bigoufan41 on Aug 5, 13 7:07 PM
It's freezing and running slow after the first set of levels. I've done everything, uninstalled, reinstalled, changed settings, etc. and it's still freezing/running slow.
I bought it but now I'm regretting it. I'm running it on a laptop pc

ramiejoann
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by ramiejoann on Aug 5, 13 7:31 PM
i am having the same problem as Classicaljazz. thier is a constant flashing going on which makes it impossible to play. if it weren't for this, i would buy.

[Post New]by LatteFueled on Aug 5, 13 8:58 PM
Csustar wrote:On level 4, when restarting, sometimes gets me blocks of colors on the screen and might go away when restarting that level again, but also after starting fire, and have 2 houses, seems to be no way to get around on the rest of the screen to finish the level.

I'm having the same issue with the blocks of color, but on level 12.

Edited on 08/05/2013 at 9:05:05 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 6, 13 1:20 AM
I had the same 'issue' with upgrading the houses in the early levels; that was until I realised that I had upgraded dwellings

It's not made clear but there is a new addition to what you can build; houses. You have to build and upgrade those, not the dwellings that are already there.

Hope this helps

Edited on 08/06/2013 at 1:21:55 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 6, 13 3:22 AM
Heya Fishies,

Thank you for pointing that out angelfish106! It's definitely good to know that you first have to build a House before the upgrading will register as they do not count for the dwellings!

For those of you that are having problems with the game not registering some of the tasks apart from upgrading the dwellings, it could be that your game files are a bit mixed up and could need a bit of a refresh. This can often be done already by simply uninstalling and reinstalling your game.

If your game is having problems to display properly or keeps freezing, it could be that your computer is having some problems to process the game properly. It could help to make sure that all your software is up-to-date with the steps that you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by traceyvk on Aug 6, 13 4:47 AM
Game downloaded with no problems, played to level 3 and then grey blank screen on next level. Game still runs as if its okay but cant see anything but grey screen

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Aug 6, 13 10:58 AM
Thanks Angelfish, I don't know how I missed that I was upgrading dwellings and not houses. My bad!!! When I upgraded the houses I had time to spare to get 3-stars.

Edited on 08/06/2013 at 10:59:12 AM PST

[Post New]by JenMcC on Aug 6, 13 11:48 AM
Game is freezing on the "Village" screen once you've completed enough levels to earn all the buildings. "Back" button won't work. Have to CTL+Alt+Del to force close.
Others have posted same issue in other threads in this forum.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 6, 13 12:25 PM
Hi traceyvk and JenMcC,

Welcome to the forums, and I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Crashing, black or blank screens and other similar problems can have a few causes, but as an initial troubleshooting step, you can check out the recommendations we have here on our help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those tips aren't working, our Tech Support Team will be more than happy to take a look at that for you.

Hopefully that helps,

bfgSeine

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Aug 6, 13 4:15 PM
FunIt wrote:Game runs fine until level 29, where everything is gray and you can't see what you are doing. Bug?

JenMcC wrote:Game is freezing on the "Village" screen once you've completed enough levels to earn all the buildings. "Back" button won't work. Have to CTL+Alt+Del to force close.
Others have posted same issue in other threads in this forum.

Both issues happened to me as well. It seems more of a game problem this time rather than our individual computer problems since it happens on the same exact levels.

Edited on 08/06/2013 at 4:16:21 PM PST

Go to: