bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Happy Chef 2

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 6, 13 12:29 AM
Cook a variety of dishes from all around the world and become an expert chef in Happy Chef 2! Start from humble beginnings in an authentic Italian restaurant. Gain cooking expertise and travel to Hawaii, America, China, and France becoming a world famous chef. Upgrade your kitchen with fantastic new equipment, decorate your restaurant and serve a huge variety of customers with unique tastes and preferences in this Time Management game!

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

Re:Happy Chef 2

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Aug 6, 13 2:13 AM
Good morning everyone If you cook it they will come so cook It Up ! Gordon Ramsay has Master Chef and Felix has Happy Chef ! What a great surprise this one was. I have the first one and absolutely loved it and I have already purchased this one and what fun this one is. This time you have two characters to choose from and there are two modes of play timed or relaxed. The graphics are really good and the customers are from all walks of life.

This time you travel to Italy, Hawaii, America, and China so there's lots of food to cook and it has some cool power up's as well there is of course your usual of upgrading your recipes, and your interior of the restaurant but this time there are some new ones that are called kitchen aids one will cook your soups, and pastas automatically, one will get any money on the counter and the other will trash any food you burn or waste and the way to get these is with spatula's and you earn the spatula's from the achievements you get.

You have your daily goals to meet which so far haven't been to hard for me to get the gold star but I'm sure it will get much harder as the game progresses. I've only played the Italian restaurant and I did notice that about half way through some of the customers grow a little more impatient so keep an eye out for those and I have lost a couple of them already but was still able to get gold and you can replay the day if you want to.

The game is basically set up like the first one where the people come to the counter and place their order and you cook it up and make them happy ! New things will be added like soup, pasta, extra ingredients like tomatoes, green beans, and mushrooms and some will want these on their pizza and some in the pasta if the order isn't complete you want be able to pick it up the plate until you have the complete order. This time it's your boss that is leaving you in charge while he goes to another place. If you liked the first one you'll like this one. This is one solid time management game with cooking all kinds of goodies. Give the demo a try it's worth it. Thank you dev's job well done hopefully we'll get Happy Chef 3 and thank you Big Fish for once again letting me not play domestic goddess. Have fun everybody.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Aug 6, 13 5:17 AM
Brilliant review gmac loving this one wish it was yesterdays game with double pcc .I,m surprised there are not more comment so far , as we are lacking in TM games just lately . A buy for me

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Aug 6, 13 6:40 AM
This is the kind of TM game that I loathe, and I can't understand why yesterday's game and this one are in the same category. This one is nothing but point and click, point and click, ad infinitum.

[Post New]by CoordinationNOT on Aug 6, 13 9:12 AM
I normally like TM games but this is a no buy for me because I find as time runs out and I'm trying to hurry when I click and drag on something it goes back to where I dragged it from. I'm not getting it close enough to where I need it to be. I guess what I'm saying is the spots where you need to drag the items to isn't big enough to get it to where I need it.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Aug 6, 13 9:15 AM
Well I purchased Hot Dog Hot Shot years ago for PC and after a certain point I could go no further because my point and click abilities suck.

I purchased the first Happy Chef for my ipad and can't get enough of it. It's so much more fun for tablets. When Happy Chef 2 comes out for mobile I'll be first on it.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Aug 6, 13 12:44 PM
While I liked the first one a lot, this one is missing something. I think a right click option would have been great. The pointing, clicking and dragging through an entire level is monotonous and a pain. I'll play the demo out but won't buy it simply because of the absence of this option.

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Aug 6, 13 2:28 PM
I like food cooking games. I like that for this one we get to make different kinds of food from first Happy Chef. This game seems slightly harder and the last restaurant (French) is crazy. From the 2nd restaurant, my hand started hurting from all the dragging.

Please developers, if you read this, make it possible to right click to send food from oven or stove to prep table and hopefully also to customers.

Also make it a tad easier to get 3 stars for the last restaurant, even with decor and food upgrades max, it is difficult.

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on Aug 7, 13 6:31 AM
mkastor wrote:While I liked the first one a lot, this one is missing something. I think a right click option would have been great. The pointing, clicking and dragging through an entire level is monotonous and a pain. I'll play the demo out but won't buy it simply because of the absence of this option.

I totally agree that this game needs a right click option. It is very monotonous to have to keep dragging everything! I would have bought this game right away if it wasn't missing that option.

kathy909
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by kathy909 on Aug 7, 13 11:30 AM
Csgentry wrote:
mkastor wrote:While I liked the first one a lot, this one is missing something. I think a right click option would have been great. The pointing, clicking and dragging through an entire level is monotonous and a pain. I'll play the demo out but won't buy it simply because of the absence of this option.

I totally agree that this game needs a right click option. It is very monotonous to have to keep dragging everything! I would have bought this game right away if it wasn't missing that option.
I agree needs the right click option but bought it anyways as these types of games are few and far between.

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Aug 8, 13 7:26 AM
Add me to the list of folks who won't be buying this game because of all the dragging. It got really tedious during the demo. I was so disappointed, because I really like this type of game (LOVED Hotdog Hotshot).

Devs, could you redo this one with a right-click instead of drag feature, and call it HC3? please?

Donna_Bella
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Donna_Bella on Aug 11, 13 2:52 PM
Yeah, clicking and dragging isn't fun. Too easy to under or over drag making the item pop back needing the click-drag all over again. Ugh.

[Post New]by Dinkachu2492 on Feb 18, 14 8:32 AM
I bought this game right away - thrilled to have a MAC version of a game that is not spooky or dark (I do not buy them).

This is a fun, fast paced game. There is a relaxed option.

The lack of a right click option is my only complaint, dragging gets tiresome and slow.
You cannot click on the bubble to deliver an item, you must drag the item to the person. Small issues for a fun game,

Go to: