bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Happy Chef 2

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 6, 13 12:36 AM
Hi everyone!

What do you think of Happy Chef 2? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Happy Chef 2 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Happy Chef 2

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 6, 13 12:36 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

doylebaby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by doylebaby on Aug 6, 13 9:19 AM
Love this second Happy Chef game, even better than the first.

New dishes with nice upgrades, appliances you can earn that help you during the level and haven't disappeared in the next level. Once an upgrade or appliance is bought it stayes.

The first ten levels are pretty easy, as of level 11 it gets a bit more frantic and your customers are less patient.

You start out in an Italian restaurant and I made it as far as level three in the next restaurant which is in a tropical place.

The negative is the fact that you can't send the orders to the customers by right clicking them.

You can click and the dishes get to the oven or cooker, but after that you have to drag them to the plate and drag them to the customer.

Also adding garnish to the dishes can't be chain-clicked, but have to be dragged.

It doesn't stop me from buying this game though, because it has been way too long since there was a decent cooking game and I can live with dragging because the rest is fun!

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Aug 6, 13 10:38 AM
I was really tempted to buy this game, but you have to drag the items to the customers and the garnishes to the plates. Sometimes when you're really trying to hurry, the dragging doesn't take and then you have lost time trying to drag it a second time. I really prefer right clicking. The dragging also works my wrist too hard. I really prefer right clicking. So no buy for me. Oh yeah, and I think games like this one should graduate more slowly to the more frantic pace.

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Aug 6, 13 2:30 PM
oops I posted this in wrong place, so here it is again

I like food cooking games. I like that for this one we get to make different kinds of food from first Happy Chef. This game seems slightly harder and the last restaurant (French) is crazy. From the 2nd restaurant, my hand started hurting from all the dragging.

Please developers, if you read this, make it possible to right click to send food from oven or stove to prep table and hopefully also to customers.

Also make it a tad easier to get 3 stars for the last restaurant, even with decor and food upgrades max, it is difficult.

Putt1505
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Putt1505 on Aug 6, 13 5:17 PM
jawfish wrote:oops I posted this in wrong place, so here it is again

I like food cooking games. I like that for this one we get to make different kinds of food from first Happy Chef. This game seems slightly harder and the last restaurant (French) is crazy. From the 2nd restaurant, my hand started hurting from all the dragging.

Please developers, if you read this, make it possible to right click to send food from oven or stove to prep table and hopefully also to customers.

Also make it a tad easier to get 3 stars for the last restaurant, even with decor and food upgrades max, it is difficult.
'

Everything Jawfish said. I bought the game...desperate for a TM...but regretting it because of the click and drag. Give us right click!! Please!

Edited on 08/06/2013 at 5:19:24 PM PST

Bailey868
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bailey868 on Aug 7, 13 3:05 PM
I was so delighted to see a TM game...and then I played it for 35 minutes. Overall, it's a good game, but the constant dragging of food items to the plate left me annoyed and needing pain reliever for the bursitis I developed in my elbow. Seriously, the game is enjoyable and would be a definite "buy" if not for the dragging. If the developers would PLEASE revise the game to use a right click to deliver food to the plate, I would definitely purchase the game. As it is now, it's a "no" from me.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Aug 7, 13 8:11 PM
another idiotic tmg. Developers didnt even want to consider using right click to send items to customer, which slowed down the response time coz u need to click and hold and push it to customers. What happened to the term self service? Here in my country, when u buy at subway u are given a cup and u can mix match the drinks from the huge tubs of drinks dispenser with a tap. Then service staff makes ur snadwich, puts it to the cashier who collects the $ from u, very efficient multi line production concept

Inability to have assistants, or bigger work space, or extra ovens, or tabletops to store more food. TRAGEDY game as usual. Clicks can be fired and missed control issue, graphics is just plain lazy, quite early 80's style down to game play

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Aug 9, 13 4:36 AM
This is a fun TM game, but with lots of dragging instead of clicking. For each item of food you make or serve you have to drag the correct items touching exactly the right spot or they will bounce back to their original location. That is the only real drawback to this game, and stopped me from giving it a 5 star rating. The dev's have added new mini games, new power dishes, and much better graphics, but they never developed the storyline, nor fix the dragging issue. I did enjoy this game, but would have loved it if not for that issue. Hope they fix it if they try a Happy Chef 3.

mirror75
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by mirror75 on Aug 9, 13 3:38 PM
I'm only on the western level. I'm going to start over and NOT buy the coin picker upper. Not having it lets you keep coins on the counter and better manage the inflow of customers.

The scenes are becoming increasingly not fun. The tropical one had everything so far from the plates. The western one only lets you have three plates when it should let you have six. Frustrating

mirror75
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by mirror75 on Aug 9, 13 3:40 PM
lym_1609 wrote:

Inability to have assistants, or bigger work space, or extra ovens, or tabletops to store more food. TRAGEDY game as usual. Clicks can be fired and missed control issue, graphics is just plain lazy, quite early 80's style down to game play

I totally agree. You should get lots more upgrades that actually assist you as you progress. The comfort upgrades do nada. A third installment of this game could do really well if the developers listen and implement all the suggestions. I will check it out if I see a 3.

[Post New]by tktnow on Aug 9, 13 9:22 PM
I bought this also. Enjoying the trial of one hour. So sorry now. I agree with all the reviews that said the dragging is a pain. Right click would be so much better. Having an assistant would be good too. Also it seems even when buy the items that would help with customers patience - it didn't do much. I would love this game if it had the ability to right click, add patience and an assistant.

kathy909
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by kathy909 on Aug 10, 13 5:36 AM
I agree the upgrades for the customers moods are useless and even the relaxed mode is no better than the regular.

calicat
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by calicat on Aug 11, 13 5:36 AM
agree with the reviewers on the control of the click and serve issue. the first game was better from that standpoint. in fact, I am replaying the first game now for comparison and am enjoying it much better. could have improved on the second game control issues.

KimM34470
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by KimM34470 on Oct 21, 13 11:27 AM
I have to agree with what everyone says about the drag feature. I've given u and started over a few times. I just cannot beat this game, and I'm pretty good at TM gamaes. I am tired of having to slow down so the drag doesn't take. If anyone can beat the seafood restaurant I'm amazed.
Also, the upgrades are not of much use, other than the ones that give you money money per item of course. I can't say the patience upgrades have helped much at all.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 15, 14 10:51 AM
This is the first TM game I have played because I didn't know they can have a relaxed option.

I wasn't relaxed. I don't understand why I buy upgrades so that customers will stay longer but they don't stay longer. It seems that the more upgrades I buy, the sooner they leave.

And sometimes the pizza got burned because I clicked on it but couldn't get it to move. And sometimes I tried to drag items to the customers and nothing happened.

I tried doing different things but the only way I could control it all was to collect money one stack at a time.

And I have to admit that I didn't enjoy people scowling at me and walking out, even if they are just cartoon characters. I only got up to day six!

Maybe TM games just aren't my cup of tea. I read about the right-clicking and have no idea what that is supposed to do but I'll try another TM game that uses it. This may have been a bad game for a beginner to try. I chose it because it's the DD.

It's just a game so why do I feel like I failed?

Edited on 10/15/2014 at 10:59:32 AM PST

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Oct 15, 14 5:12 PM
Also I would like to ask the developers to please consider some of us really enjoy playing this games but for health reason we need a timer ,not all of us can rush while playing a game ....PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! :

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

Also I would like to ask the developers to please consider some of us really enjoy playing this games but for health reason we need a timer ,not all of us can rush while playing a game ....PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! :

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

Go to: