jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

Any tips for the last restaurant?

[Post New]by jawfish on Aug 6, 13 6:04 PM
I'm having problems starting from level 12, with all upgrades (food and decor) bought I could't get the star.

I tend to get the middle 2 seafood (out of the 4) confused, I already worked as fast as my hand could!

Any tips? Also do you collect all the money or just a coin or 2? Almost everyone wants 2 seafood combos plus the lemon, lettuce and ? (not sure what it is). Aargh!

Thanks in advance

Edited on 08/06/2013 at 6:04:57 PM PST

Re:Any tips for the last restaurant?

[Post New]by Trevor_Lahey on Aug 7, 13 12:38 PM
In my experience with games like this, the real secret is to not get overwhelmed. If the counter has 5 stations, keep the money sitting at 1 and 5 and just play the middle three. It's easier to focus and will prevent the ticked off customers and the goofed up orders. Filling three perfect orders will keep things moving nicely and should generate enough dough to get you to the finish line.

I made the dumb mistake of buying the coin scooper, so I may have to go back and restart. That little machine will work against you in the higher levels and will make it that much harder to complete. That being said, why is it that after you buy all the soothing creature comforts the customers seem even more cranky and impatient?

Anyway, good luck and good gaming.

mirror75
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by mirror75 on Aug 9, 13 3:35 PM
So true Tevor. Buying all the comforts does NOT seem to make a bit of difference. I'm with all the others about being able to click and send food, the dragging is a pain, and you have to be so precise! Ergh.

[Post New]by Trevor_Lahey on Aug 10, 13 8:47 AM
So much for my 'wisdom' Whether a bug or on purpose, it seems the fewer stations are open the less patience the customers have. Some show up at the station with about 2 seconds left before they pop. Guess we'll keep hammering at this nut and see what it takes to crack it.

Maybe the next installment of the game can lose the happy chef moniker and can be called "Cranky Customer"

jawfish
Herring
Herring
349 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Aug 10, 13 2:30 PM
yeah, the later customers show up with a low patience bar. I still don't have a star starting from level 12. Memorizing the first few dishes doesn't seem to help. It's definitely harder than the first game, wish the devs will come up with an update.

sipason
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by sipason on Aug 11, 13 12:07 AM
Trevor_Lahey wrote:So much for my 'wisdom' Whether a bug or on purpose, it seems the fewer stations are open the less patience the customers have. Some show up at the station with about 2 seconds left before they pop. Guess we'll keep hammering at this nut and see what it takes to crack it.

Maybe the next installment of the game can lose the happy chef moniker and can be called "Cranky Customer"

The customers actually 'appear' even though all stations are already occupied.
So, their patience is already decreased due to waiting time.

In short, the difficulty is ridiculous. That's it.

BTW, what is the difference between 'relaxed' and 'normal' mode?
I can't find anything.

Edited on 08/11/2013 at 12:18:00 AM PST

[Post New]by Trevor_Lahey on Aug 11, 13 6:35 PM
Someone posted winning the last level on you-tube. He used the method I described of keeping a few stations closed. His customers were not instantly irate like mine were. To his credit, he was quick.

Maybe that's what relaxed mode is for?

You'll struggle if you have the money collector and there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of it or sell it.

sipason
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by sipason on Aug 11, 13 6:42 PM
Trevor_Lahey wrote:Someone posted winning the last level on you-tube. He used the method I described of keeping a few stations closed. His customers were not instantly irate like mine were. To his credit, he was quick.

You'll struggle if you have the money collector and there doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of it or sell it.

Well, that was I, and it was in 'Normal' mode.
However, even in 'Relaxed' mode, I couldn't find any difference, as I'd written before.
I bought all upgrades(excluding coin collector) to increase the term between customers, and their patience.

Edited on 08/11/2013 at 6:43:59 PM PST

kathy909
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by kathy909 on Aug 12, 13 8:51 AM
sipason wrote:
Trevor_Lahey wrote:Someone posted winning the last level on you-tube. He used the method I described of keeping a few stations closed. His customers were not instantly irate like mine were. To his credit, he was quick.

Well, that was I, and it was in 'Normal' mode.
However, even in 'Relaxed' mode, I couldn't find any difference, as I'd written before.
I bought all upgrades(excluding coin collector) to increase the term between customers, and their patience.
The only difference in the relaxed mode that i can see is even if you dont make enough money to pass in will let you continue to the next level with an R on the box. I like a challenge but this is rediculous .

Mary92357
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Mary92357 on Sep 6, 13 8:45 PM
i can't get the customers to accept the caviar. You don't cook it. But I cannot pass it off to them for some reason. ???

kathy909
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by kathy909 on Sep 7, 13 6:56 AM
Mary92357 wrote:i can't get the customers to accept the caviar. You don't cook it. But I cannot pass it off to them for some reason. ???
you have to put it on the plate.

Mary92357
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Mary92357 on Sep 8, 13 12:30 AM
kathy909 wrote:
Mary92357 wrote:i can't get the customers to accept the caviar. You don't cook it. But I cannot pass it off to them for some reason. ???
you have to put it on the plate.

I have done that and the plate looks exactly like what the customer is asking for but it will not let me pass it onto them.

kathy909
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by kathy909 on Sep 10, 13 4:39 AM
im able to pass off the caviar on the plate but this restaurant gets so hard so fast . its also hard to tell what they want sometimes.

KimM34470
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by KimM34470 on Oct 21, 13 11:35 AM
Sometimes when they want the caviar, they don't want the lemon or lettuce, I forget which.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who can't beat this game.

LOL, my husband thinks I really like this game. In fact, it's making me really angry.
I just can't seem to beat it

Go to: