bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Stray Souls: Stolen Memories

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 7, 13 12:29 AM
Guide a mother who pursues a terrifying apparition into a twisted reality to save her daughter. As you explore a strange town in which an evil clown has turned all of the residents into wooden dolls, you'll slowly peel back the layers of a disturbing story that reveals why the mother's husband has never spoken about his past!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:Stray Souls: Stolen Memories

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Aug 7, 13 2:40 AM
I got the CE version of this and enjoyed it very much. Lots of fun puzzles and I'm not a big puzzle solver. And I loved the little doll, I wish I could have kept him.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Stray Souls: Stolen Memories

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 7, 13 5:22 AM
Hi SnapNHissy...

I too got the CE (in a sale) and enjoyed it.

There are 14 chapters.

There are 2 gameplay modes: Casual and Expert. You can change the difficulty setting any time during the game.

There is a choice of a custom and system cursor.

There is voice-over.

There is widescreen.

There is a "Low Quality" setting for older machines.

At the left is the house, in which you will add different figures during the game.

Inside your Journal you will find a Map, which will be added shortly into the game. The Map shows you where you are, where you can and can't do things, and can be used to jump.

Also at the right is your little helper (remember him from last time). I found that - at least in Casual mode - he gave advice too often, and always stated the obvious. Although he was cute, I was a little disappointed with all that hand-holding.

The Inventory can be locked to stay on top, or unlocked to move below until needed.

Once you are in a HOS, you can't back out of it again until you have finished it.

--- --- ---

This game, like one of their other games "Sins of the Fathers" or something like that, has your characters popping up unexpectedly. Didn't really like it, because the sudden appearance kept scaring me. LOL

The graphics were very well done. I got a feeling of deja vu when I played the demo, because it all looked so familiar to me.

I liked this game a lot, and the story was very interesting. However, I did not come across anything within the main game that gave me that little extra I am looking for in a CE. But since it was one of those "sales" weekends, I bought the CE.

I also enjoyed playing the bonus game. Oh... how the memories of past events came back when I played it. And what a surprise ending. Really loved it.

Some fishies may find this game a tad short, but for me it was just the right length.

Go to: