What will I lose?

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on Aug 9, 13 5:23 AM
I have to start a new game because I'm on my 21st level and the husband just won't appear, no matter how many tomatoes I harvest (it never was offered as a quest) and I can't build any buildings or progress at all. What a bummer!

From what I've read here in the forum, my gold and silver coins will transfer to the new game, but what about the blue bottles? And what about the wood. the lumber, and the stones that I've accumulated? Will I lose those?

Sliponshoes
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

Re:What will I lose?

[Post New]by Sliponshoes on Aug 9, 13 5:48 AM
I have not started over so I don't know what you will keep and what you will loose. I would assume that you loose everything - nothing will transfer, but that's just a guess.

If it were me, I would just hang in there and wait for the quest to pop. You can probably stop planting and harvesting tomatoes until the quest comes in for them and concentrate on completing the other quests that you have. You can only have 5 quests at a time so you won't get any new ones until you complete the ones you currently have.

I wouldn't want to start over... I had to wait a while to get characters to sow up on my farm too. IMHO you should just continue completing quests and focus on those tasks the the current quests ask for. Eventually you will get the quest for the characters, just crank through the quests and you will eventually receive the one/s for the husband, grandma and grandpa.

I wish you luck, either way...

Happy Farming!

LunyKimberly
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by LunyKimberly on Aug 9, 13 7:07 AM
When you start a new game, you keep your gold and silver counts (minus the 20 gold coins it costs to start a new game). All your level progress, energy max, blue bottles, inventory (wood, produce, everything), achievements, and collections gets reset back to the beginning.

If you DO start a new game, I recommend making sure you sell everything in your barn (produce and wood/stone/etc) plus sell as much as you can around the farm. There's quite a lot that the game starts you out with that's sellable and if you're gonna restart, you might as well give yourself a nice buffer zone with a good silver count - makes completing those "buy this many of that décor item" quests a lot easier. The buildings you start with (houses, stations, school, barn), 12 of the wooden paths in front of the barn and 7 lilac (?) paths between the barn and the railroad are NOT sellable... I doubt the chicken pen will be sellable and you'll likely have a chicken not sellable as well. Everything else? Should be sellable and the game will reset all of that stuff when starting a new game anyways so you might as well pad your silver count.

Also, exchange as many collections as you can without loosing gold (it's quite possible to spend 1 or 2 gold to "buy" a missing piece of the Kitchen collection and still come out ahead when it gives you 3 gold for completion). The silver and gold with come in handy with a new game and the resources can be sold for more silver.

Another little note whether you decide to restart or continue on as Sliponshoes suggests, the original farmer (dude by the mailbox) and the salesman (guy in suit by the tracks) will about spam you with more quests than you can keep up with. The husband won't arrive until Jenn gives you a quest after level 5 wanting tomatoes. She has to have a free quest slot and not to be doing anything at the time for her to give you quests. So if you have her working, working, working every time you complete a quest... you're likely always gonna get something from the farmer or salesman rather than what you need to get all your characters on the farm. Jenn gives you the quest to let the husband arrive, Jenn and husband give you the quests you need to finish the main house then the guest house so grams can arrive, husband gives you the quest to build the sawmill so gramps can arrive.

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Aug 9, 13 5:22 PM
Yep, I did this when I restarted. Sold everything I could think of (didn't think of selling the pens, though). I have enough silver to probably last me most of the game. I haven't needed to sell anything out of the barn!

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on Aug 10, 13 3:03 AM
Thank you all for responding to my question. I'm still unsure. Staying doesn't make sense to me because I have 5 quests, none of which can I work on because they are all to build buildings and I need the husband for those. The farmer and the mailbox guy haven't come in a long time because I have the maximum quests outstanding so they can't give me any more and I can't get rid of any! But leaving is a bummer because I have 6.300 blue bottles, which I obviously clicked a LOT of butterflies and fish and plants to get so many, just to lose them. What a lousy glitch. I wonder if they'll ever fix it? Any more suggestions?

Sliponshoes
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by Sliponshoes on Aug 10, 13 5:05 AM
You could finish one or two of your quests by completing them with gold. You will still have to build the building later after you get the husband but you would free up another quest slot or two. Chances are that you wouldn't receive another building quest as it sounds like you have them all right now.

I wouldn't want to start over. If it were me I would finish one or two of the quests with gold and then just work on completing the new quests that pop up. Eventually you will get the quest for the husband and then you can complete the other building quests after he arrives.

You are in a tough spot, but I have finished quests with gold and still have plenty of gold for the school and other stuff that requires it. I haven't used any gold for the unlimited energy sessions though - I have been rather conservative with it. You won't run short of gold by finishing a couple of quests with it so that's what I would do if were me...

I hope it works out for you either way, Happy Farming!

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on Aug 15, 13 4:47 PM
Thank you for the good advice. I was so excited to try it, and indeed there was one -- but only one -- building that gave the do-it-with-gold option, but -- Murphy's Law -- it was immediately replaced with another building request!!! I guess I'm doomed because none of my five remaining building quests have the gold option.

I still haven't gotten the gumption up to throw it all away yet. Still hoping it's a fixable glitch. Next I'll try writing to Big Fish's Tech Dept.

Edited on 08/21/2013 at 3:05:14 PM PST

Sliponshoes
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by Sliponshoes on Aug 15, 13 4:51 PM
WOW It sounds like your truly stuck. I hope tech support can help! Best of luck to you!

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on Aug 21, 13 3:08 PM
UPDATE: I contacted BF and they said that the game developers are working on the problem If I learn anything else, or if I hear that the problem has been fixed, I'll add it to this message. I know I'm not the only one whose husband is on the lam (so to speak).

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Aug 23, 13 3:07 AM
Nah, hubby isn't on the lam, the car (how else did he get there?) broke down!

Katina54
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Katina54 on Aug 24, 13 6:36 PM
Status of FARM UP/ Yes, I know. Big Fish Games sucks you into this game. I am at Level 39 and have spent $100 of MY money on GOLD. So much for a FREE game. Then I continually have to reinstall the game cuz nothing works. I signed up for and paid for the "Club" membership for a year. Now my benefit of "Live Help" online has been shut down for 3 weeks. Oh my, they tell me they are busy. What the heck. I googled Big Fish and all Press Releases said they closed Vancover,Canada office and layed off 45 people in Seattle. What. Any info you have here re this rip off company, please post and let us know.

[Post New]by Tomishereagain on Aug 24, 13 8:19 PM
Katina54 wrote:Status of FARM UP/ Yes, I know. Big Fish Games sucks you into this game. I am at Level 39 and have spent $100 of MY money on GOLD. So much for a FREE game. Then I continually have to reinstall the game cuz nothing works. I signed up for and paid for the "Club" membership for a year. Now my benefit of "Live Help" online has been shut down for 3 weeks. Oh my, they tell me they are busy. What the heck. I googled Big Fish and all Press Releases said they closed Vancover,Canada office and layed off 45 people in Seattle. What. Any info you have here re this rip off company, please post and let us know.

I wonder why ANYONE would spend $100 on Any game?
Perhaps you could do with a reality check and go troll a different board or a completely different site?

Go to: