Pixieydust
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Confusion about those gem thingies

[Post New]by Pixieydust on Aug 9, 13 9:04 PM
I am having a hard time with some of the aspects of this game. You need gems for a lot of things. So I have questions...when you buy a power up it is permanent right?

The next is how do you earn more gems? I have been trying to get gold in the level I have played but it seems I keep taking them away while playing them using things like run faster ect. The instructions are too vague on so many levels. Any help is appreciated!

Pixieydust
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Re:Confusion about those gem thingies

[Post New]by Pixieydust on Aug 9, 13 10:43 PM
Also I updated, and there is now only two choices..easy and harder. Is this the timed vs untimed? I thought there was a timed and then a hard core...did they take out the second one?

BlueStarFish
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by BlueStarFish on Aug 12, 13 11:42 AM
Hello Pixie
I don't know about the updated version, I play the original with only one mode - timed.

BELOW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!

Regarding the crystals:
Powerups can be purchased in-level - at the beginning levels they cost 1-2 crystals each per use. They get more expensive in the later levels.

An in-level powerup is limited, only lasts for about 30 seconds, then you will have to purchase again. Meaning - use up your crystals.

After you finish chapter 1, you will get access to the store - here you can buy a different kind of game help - you can upgrade resource buildings so that when a level starts you will be given extra of that particular resource. If you purchase the Farm, then every level will start with 4 Food available. (you will still have to build a farm in the level you play if you want to continue getting food beyond what you can collect, as before...)

There are 3 levels or upgrades to the four different type of resource buildings you can purchase in the store, and they cost A LOT of crystals (250 per resource on level 1, 500 on level 2, 1000 on level 3).
Which is why it is better to not use the in-level powerups if you can avoid it, and save up for purchasing more permanent help in the store.

Edited on 08/12/2013 at 11:45:17 AM PST

Pixieydust
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Pixieydust on Aug 13, 13 10:14 AM
Thank you so much BlueStarFish for replying.
If you update you do not have to pay gems to open the next level. I thought that was nice that the developers fixed that!

I started a new file and am just getting bronze crowns trying not to use in game things like you suggested and once I have bought all the power up things from the store, I will go back and try to get gold!!

I am figuring when you replay a level you can get a few gems still if you complete it within the time, just not as many maybe?

Going to see if I can answer that one!
Thank you again!
Pixiey

Go to: